Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46

Author Topic: Mush - Your crew is the final hope of humanity.  (Read 59598 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mush - Your crew is the final hope of humanity.
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »

Mush: The Dawn
Humanity has encountered a terrible threat, and it's too late to stop it. It infects our leaders, or soldiers, our friends and our family, turning them into terrible creatures that seek our destruction.

Mush, Or How I Learned To Hate Humanity And Sabotage A Spaceship - The Review on Indiestatik

But we have one, final, chance. A dangerous mission. An untested ship. A ragtag crew, and a daring escape.

This is the Daedalus project, and if we succeed, we can save all of humanity. If we fail, we die - or worse. We must work together to overcome the odds, shake our pursuit, seize opportunities, and develop a cure. And we must do it despite the enemy being right here in our ranks, despite the fact that several members of our crew our undoubtedly already Mush.

Mush is a game... by the makers of Die2Nite, played out over the course of a few days to a couple weeks.
Similar in ways to Die2Nite, the forum Mafia we play in the lower boards, and games like SS13, you play as a crewmember with a limited number of incredibly valuable actions you can take per day, but the most important activity you engage in is communication. There's many things that need to be done on the ship, and since two of the players start as enemy agents working to undermine it's success, it's vitally important that many different things get done. From growing food, collecting oxygen, going on expeditions, researching projects, fixing stuff that breaks, shooting down pursuers, installing improvements, keeping up morale, and refueling the ship, there's much that needs to be done just to keep everyone alive. But we also need to double as detectives, carefully watching our crewmates, tracing their actions, keeping tabs on their status, always aware that they could have already been infected, and they might turn or kill us next.

It's a game of slow suspense and paranoia, hanging on the edge of defeat only to pull off a thrilling victory... or lose it at the last moment, if you've been outplayed and outmaneuvered by your adversaries.

It is not a quick game by any means. It is a game of careful planning, coordination, politics and vigilance. The bulk of your time should be spent not doing, but figure out what you and others can do to make your actions most valuable.

But it is a game with a lot going for it.

MASSIVE MUSH JUMP
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20131207T00&p0=1440&msg=Massive+Mush+Move
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:50:45 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mush - Your crew is the final hope of humanity. We're all going to die.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 05:12:53 pm »

This is my first guide, and what I plan to post for every new game as my first post. If you have any suggestions or tweaks to this, feel free to share, and feel free to use on your own boats. (If we all use it, we'll know when we manage to get together by chance at least!)

Spoiler: Phase 1 Priorities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:55:46 pm by GlyphGryph »

Kelroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 06:00:05 pm »

http://mush.twinoid.com/theEnd/677
Made it until Day 10, then a piece of metal falls on me while I was sleeping, killing me instantly. At least I didn't suffer.  :D

Fun fact: I placed second, and I've been awarded the title of "Pointless Player". Basically the other players worked hard for me to reach so much honor!  :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:15:27 pm by Kelroth »
Therian Saga - In-game Name: Isgaroth

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »

Your google doc link is view only.  Unless I don't know how to use it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »

Signed up as Iceblaster...

Time to look around and see if it's fun.

EDIT: Oooooh... one of those games...

While the concept sounds fun, I'd have to say no to this as I'm not one to like this type of gameplay.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:14:19 pm by Iceblaster »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 06:13:32 pm »

Made it until Day 10, then a piece of metal falls on me while I was sleeping, killing me instantly.

Fun fact: I placed second, and I've been awarded the title of "Pointless Player". Basically the other players worked hard for me to reach so much honor!  :P

Ahh, you were Kuan Ti? I was Chao :D

EDIT: I was a converted Mush by the way, I don`t think many people suspected :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:18:17 pm by Knave »

Kelroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 06:17:13 pm »

Made it until Day 10, then a piece of metal falls on me while I was sleeping, killing me instantly.

Ahh, you were Kuan Ti? I was Chao :D
Chao? Really?  :o
I was hoping to ask you this! Since when you became a Mush?
We had really good fun on that ship, it has been my first but what a blast! I love this game.
Therian Saga - In-game Name: Isgaroth

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »

Hua and Eleesha both spiked me right before we headed down for the 2nd expedition to find o2. When Hua got killed by the creature on the planet I quickly took the hidden Mush skill thinking I`d just ride out the trip to Sol :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 06:20:41 pm »

Your google doc link is view only.  Unless I don't know how to use it.
Sorry, I fixed it.

If you're interested in joining an attempt at a group ship, post your info in this file:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11FxZ5d66lIZly5D2fqiBcjjZFkWZDqNfUDEpsxClvso/edit

Make sure you actually want to play for the long haul if you want to join, because we are going to try our damnedest to last as long as possible

Although I think I may just join another ship for the moment, since Thanksgiving holidays are likely to be a killer, and do the group ship for my next game.

Aim for trying to pull it off in maybe... 10 days? If anyone wants to try and join, let me know in the next hour or so.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:57:09 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »

[double post]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:57:32 pm by GlyphGryph »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 07:42:52 pm »

This sounds like fun, but where's the option to join a game (the guide says something about 'financing' it but I still can't find the option) and why do I only see four characters to choose from when I click play?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 07:58:46 pm »

I started playing as Kuan Ti just now, I have to say you can do very little per 3 hour cycle. I went and helped get the research for double turret recharge speed from 15% to ~60% and now i can't do anything.

Also, how do we get together in a game?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »

I started playing as Kuan Ti just now, I have to say you can do very little per 3 hour cycle. I went and helped get the research for double turret recharge speed from 15% to ~60% and now i can't do anything.
Then you likely significantly hurt the ship.

The thing you should be doing the vast majority of the time is communicating. Think of it like forum mafia - That game has 1 action per several real life days! The rest of the time is spent communicating. this is similar.

Note that by working on Neron projects you destroy the other two that are available. And the turret recharge tech is generally seen as worthless. I'd apologize for working on it and avoid touching it again unless people agree that's what should be worked on.

Shadowlord
When you click play, you get assigned a ship, and get to choose from the characters remaining (or a subset thereof). You join the game by selecting one of the characters and picking "join game".

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 08:33:57 pm »

How do we actually play TOGETHER in a game?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 08:46:20 pm »

We join at the same time. Usually there's two active ships in signups (from what I understand), so half of us (on average) will wind up on one, and half on the other, assuming we try to join at the same time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46