Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 99061 times)

Nunzillor

Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2014, 10:54:50 pm »

The cleanbot addressed the flying individual.  "GREETINGS.  AFFIRMATIVE.  THIS UNIT BELIEVES THAT THE POWER STATION MAY CONTAIN VALUABLE INTEL REGARDING THE SWIFFER DOMINION'S PRESENCE ON THIS PLANET.

"THIS UNIT IS PUZZLED BY ITS FELLOW AUTOMATON'S INSISTENCE ON DESTRUCTION."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:09:30 pm by Nunzillor »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 31, 2014, 08:34:59 am »

Rune continued ignoring the zwifferbot, and didn't even notice the flying thing. He continues on his plan to fire.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:55 am »

"In that case, a compromise!"

Knock Rune's arm cannon into some other direction, then cast Erupt on the power station.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 31, 2014, 10:40:13 am »

The moment that the wisp moved towards Rune, his hand swatted the creature out of the sky, and then he fired his cannon at the Power Station.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 01, 2014, 08:54:09 am »

It's time for an aerial fight! Firebreath on those damn insects!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nunzillor

« Reply #425 on: August 01, 2014, 09:04:57 am »

Excuse me, but who are you attacking, exactly?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 01, 2014, 09:48:14 am »

Excuse me, but who are you attacking, exactly?

I assume he means Flamefury.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 01, 2014, 10:18:05 am »

Yeah, you're right. Sorry for not mentioning that.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 01, 2014, 07:29:52 pm »

I'll see about posting tonight, but no promises. Very tired.

Update will probably be tonight or tomorrow.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2014, 07:11:14 pm »

Will we get this update today? <3

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2014, 08:34:34 pm »

Will we get this update today? <3

Processing the turn right now; it's a very large turn (the beginning, anyway).
Expect explosions.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 03, 2014, 12:21:38 am »

Turn 19

Update Music.

The moment that the wisp moved towards Rune, his hand swatted the creature out of the sky, and then he fired his cannon at the Power Station.

"In that case, a compromise!"

Knock Rune's arm cannon into some other direction, then cast Erupt on the power station.

Okay, here's my turn.  Time for some action:

The robots will try and act before the colossus in an attempt to prevent it from destroying the power station.  They will fan out and circle around it so they are harder to all target at once with the beam.  They will converge on the colossus and place explosives on and around one of his feet.  They will use about half of their available explosives to do this.  They will then back up until the first explosion occurs.  Hopefully he then falls over.  Then they will rush in and place the remaining explosives in his joints throughout his body, and retreat as far as possible.

Well I wish for luck to regroup me, Try get attention of someone that is not the bronze colossus.

Rune Initiative: [1 - 1(DEX)] = 0
Sarvex Initiative: [2 + 1(DEX)] = 3
Flamefury Initiative: [5 + 1(DEX)] = 6
US-2497 Initiative: [4 + 2(DEX)] = 6
*BY THE WAY*, there is no super initiative when there are more than two sides (Unless all other sides roll a natural six).

US-2497 begins shouting orders, while Flamefury smiles and says something about a compromise (this grabs Rune's attention; no need for a perception roll).
Flamefury, knowing her strength will be inadequate to try and knock his arm asides, tries to fire a spell at it instead. FIREBALL: [5 + 2(IQ) + 1(Fire)] = 8
You conjure a small ball of highly explosive energy, and fire it at Rune's arm. Rune is out of reach of you, and is unable to knock you out of the sky. AIM: [2 + 1(DEX) + 4(Size Difference) - 2(Aimed Shot)] = 5 VS DODGE: [5 + 1(Dodge) - 1(DEX)] = 5
Rune raises his arm a bit to avoid the fireball, but it explodes where she intended it to anyway. REFLEX: [5 - 1(DEX)] = 4
Rune avoids most of the explosion too, stepping backwards and covering his face with his arms. No major damage is sustained.

Meanwhile, US-2497's robots rev forward, trying to plant explosives on the colossus' foot. PERCEPTION: [5 - 1(Size) - 1(Distracted)] = 3
He glances at them as they start to move towards his legs, then looks up at the ball of fire. He takes a step backwards... LUCK: [3] = 3
One of US-2497's robots are knocked aside, but none are crushed. The other five try to plant explosives on his foot. DODGE: [2 - 1(DEX) + 1(Dodge)] = 2
Rune is too distracted to take note of the robots as they plant the explosives. Rune rebalances as they run away. He takes aim at the building, when the explosion happens. EXPLOSION: [3] = 3
One of the explosives malfunctions, while another was never activated. However, the others explode, causing a fairly large explosion around his foot. ENDURANCE: [2 + 3(STR)] = 5
Rune falls to one knee, the foot collapsing beneath him. He's thrown off balance, and is unable to get his shot off (Laser is now Stage IV).

Sarvex, after the fireball but before the explosion, tries to shoot a jet of fire at the sprite. FORTITUDE: [3 + 3(STR)] = 6
A jet of fire shoots towards the sprite. AIM: [5 + 1(DEX)] = 6 VS REFLEX: [3 + 1(Size - would be 2, but it's an AoE attack) + 1(DEX)] = 5
The sprite dives aside to avoid the flame...but still gets hit. However, she is not damaged by the fire. She is a FIRE sprite...

Rune angrily looks down at the robots, and tries to hit one with his arm. UNARMED: [5 - 1(DEX)] = 4 VS DODGE: [1 + 1(Size)] = 2; CRIT FAIL
The robot just stares at the arm as it comes down on it. POWER: [4 + 3(STR) + 2(Size)] = 9
It gets pretty trashed, and parts of it fly everywhere.

Vot'el tries to get the attention of (roll) Flamefury. He attempts to make a particularly dense cloud in front of her. CONCENTRATION: [4] = 4
He does so, and hope she notices. PERCEPTION: [2] = 2
Flamefury notices a pretty thick, dark cloud obscuring her vision; she moves over a bit to see around it.

Follow the dot.

You follow the dot on your radar, and it leads you into the Town Square where you started. You walk to it, but don't see anything. PERCEPTION: [5] = 5
You look up, and see both a mysterious black cloud and a sprite.

Sleep

You continue to drift through unconsciousness, where the pain doesn't exist.

Search the half-built robot and the battle droid for an AI core,

If I find one in each then I take it from the robot and salvage the rest of it's body to fix the battle droid.

If I only find one in the robot then I take it and move it into the battle droid body as I look for parts to fix it.

If I only find one in the battle droid then I dismantle the half-built robot and use it's parts to fix the battle droid.

If I find none then I look for one in the store.

You find (roll) a central processer in the battle droid; it was damaged, but it still possessed its "AI chip". The half-built droid does not. You dismantle it and try to repair the battle droid with its parts; the android aids you in this endeavor. ROBOTICS: [4 + 1(IQ) + 1(Android)] = 6
The android, though it says nothing, is of great help in repairing the battle droid. You manage to fix everything except for its damaged laser arm; you'll have to find a replacement. It boots online, though.

<Very well! Onward we go!>

Head out to explore the area further! Outside of the house toward brand new horizons!

You manage to find your way outside the house, and head outside. Knowing that the Square is to your right, you go left; but a voice stops you: "WARNING: ENTERING RESTRICTED ZONE. ENTRY IS FORBIDDEN. CEASE EFFORTS AND TURN AROUND."

read the lab report

You try to understand what this lab report is about. IQ: [6 + 2(IQ)] = 8
The man who wrote it was trying to understand the fundamentals of the world, particularly that of the "Outside" world. You read that the world is highly volatile, and constantly changing. The last sentence reads, 'In trying to understand the fundamentals of this world in which I've been impDO NOT OPEN THE GATE.

well i didn't expect it to open but hopefully that short circuit had left the door able to be opened
look around and see if maybe there are components to make some thermite

You look around for components to make thermite with. LOOTING: [1] = 1
You are unable to find anything to make thermite with. You kick the door in frustration. Your foot hurts now.

I sigh, get off the fence back into the garden, and try going out the left side.

You sigh and drop back into the garden. You try heading to the left side. You vault the fence, and look around. PERCEPTION: [5 + 1(Perception)] = 6
You are on a fairly wide street; to your right is a building, but you don't see a door. Straight ahead is a slanted building, but again you see no door. To the left, you see two buildings with two doors. Above the door of one reads "MAGIC SHOP". The other has no heading above it, but there is an open garage. There is a bunch of junk inside. The road continues to your right, straight ahead, and left.

"Ah, that's better. It seems my age is catching up to me."
Rest.

You rest off your fatigue. You are no longer tired.

I'll try to get to character sheets.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:25:34 am by DontBanTheMan »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 03, 2014, 01:34:05 am »

Start reading that book I got.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Nunzillor

« Reply #433 on: August 03, 2014, 02:01:32 am »

((That didn't go as well as I had hoped))

Mop realizes that the Swifferbots will not be able to fully disable the stubborn collosus without taking far too many losses.  It decides to at least try to disable its other ankle, hopefully causing it to be unable to take square aim at the power station in the future, or at least give it more pressing problems.

"CHAAAARGE!"

Mop orders the remaining combat models to open fire on the already damaged foot, hoping to sever  or (if that is unrealistic) at least further disable it.  While this is occurring, the cleanbots will converge on the colossus' other foot and place all remaining explosives on it before detonating them.  After that, all will retreat to the Swiffer Megamart.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:45:01 pm by Nunzillor »

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 03, 2014, 04:43:37 am »

Well this is bloody pointless... i'm going to find something fun instead
leave the gate and head towards a nearby building for loot
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51