Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My adventurer's descent into the depths (SPOILERS)  (Read 28713 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My adventurer's descent into the depths (SPOILERS)
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2011, 08:44:22 pm »

I'm going to make a non-cheating fort, on a Large world, using Lofn's Wanderer mod. I fiddled a bit with it to make chests, daggers from metal/bone, and other such things. I shall raise fame and gather an army. Then, off to kill the Sand-people I go!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 08:59:54 pm »

Anyone say Hall of Legends?

I probably should delete my posts about my adventurer as to not clutter this thread, anyone know how to delete own posts?

Including this one  ;)

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »

It would be awesome to see Aban in the Hall of Legends!

In case anyone is willing to nominate it (since nomination of your own stuff is considered bad form) here's the synopsis:

Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, legendary dwarven warrior-hero, descends into the depths of the world, where he is kept from certain death by unlikely saviors.

This is the Hall of Legends link.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89305.0

It would be better to have it stickied, since the thread keeps getting revived all the time, but I don't think it's customary to do that in the adventure mode discussion forum. Either way, I'd be delighted to see an adventurer of mine immortalized there.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 07:38:02 pm »

I probably should delete my posts about my adventurer as to not clutter this thread, anyone know how to delete own posts?

Bump that  :), and nominated with synopsis.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 10:07:55 pm »

Thanks Tiruin!

Now, it would be great if some of the people who enjoyed this tale voted for Aban. We need 6 votes.

By the way, I don't know how to delete one's own post. You can modify it to leave it blank, but other than that, no idea.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2011, 12:46:36 am »

I am now gonna make a fortress, dig to hell, make a demigod, kill every demon, Reclaim Fortress, colonize hell, ???, profit.
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2011, 10:52:00 am »

Nice! We already have three votes. Just a few more guys. And thanks to the people who voted.

I am now gonna make a fortress, dig to hell, make a demigod, kill every demon, Reclaim Fortress, colonize hell, ???, profit.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think that once you start a new fortress the demons may respawn. And in any case, they keep spawning in adventure mode as you kill them. I killed like 150 with Aban and they kept coming in large numbers, so they probably (virtually) never end.

What you can do however is colonize it in DF mode, a dozen legendary axedwarves in steel armor should be more than enough, in my experience. Provided the syndromes are not that fatal.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 01:59:12 pm »

Nice! We already have three votes. Just a few more guys. And thanks to the people who voted.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think that once you start a new fortress the demons may respawn. And in any case, they keep spawning in adventure mode as you kill them. I killed like 150 with Aban and they kept coming in large numbers, so they probably (virtually) never end.

What you can do however is colonize it in DF mode, a dozen legendary axedwarves in steel armor should be more than enough, in my experience. Provided the syndromes are not that fatal.
better off adding dozen legendary axedemons and spread them around the fort for extra protection, or just make a fortress, use dfmode to (save)swap to a peasant and send them on a journey to find this legendary warrior, bring him back, use Dfmode again to switch back to the site then dig down to hell.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

Well currently we need one more vote, if anyone who has knowledge on post deletion please tell so we can keep this certain thread uncluttered with these  :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:30:04 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 05:52:20 am »

Alright, word has just came in, this thread is officially in the Hall of Legends!!

Now if only someone can delete my adventurer posts  ;D

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 04:53:52 pm »

I think only the forum moderator can delete.

Thank you Tiruin for your help in getting Aban there! You the man. And thanks also to those who voted. Should Aban be alive, he would devote the slaughter of an elven village to each you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 01:59:59 am »

-SNIPE-

Woah, ignore that. No idea where I was at the time.

Although having read the story, I have to say this is pretty freaking awesome, and I hope for a chance to emulate you in all but three ways: I will wield no standard weaponry, and there probably won't be any birds to save my stupidly overzealous hide. I will also be fighting in either civie clothes or naked, with no shields...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:04:17 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]