Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560994 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5993 lauhgs and counting
« Reply #6165 on: August 02, 2016, 04:40:43 pm »

Yeah, I get that, but they never go into why exactly a species of sea slugs are producing human compatible pluripotent cells. Or why they were only found by Rapture.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: August 02, 2016, 05:10:55 pm »

W   h   i   c   h       i   s       t   h   e    f   a   u   l   t       o   f       i   n   v   e   n   t   i   o   n,       a   n   d       f   l   a   w   s       i   n       t   h   e       l   e   g   a   l       s   y   s   t   e   m.
N   o   w       S   C   I   E   N   C   E       i   s       s   o   l   v   i   n   g       t   h   e       s   o   r   r   y       m   e   s   s       t   h   a   t       i   n   v   e   n   t   i   o   n       m   a   d   e,
a   n   d       t   h   e       l   e   g   a   l       s   y   s   t   e   m       w   i   l   l       t   o   t   a   l   l   y       i   g   n   o   r   e       s   c   i   e   n   c    e,
a   n   d       k   e   e   p       o   n       d   o   i   n   g       w   h   a   t       i   t'   s       b   e   e   n       d   o   i   n   g.

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:34:40 pm by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6167 on: August 02, 2016, 05:32:59 pm »

Which is the fault of invention, and flaws in the legal system. Now SCIENCE is solving the sorry mess that invention made, and the legal system will totally ignore science and keep on doing what it's been doing.
Make that argument again, but in slow motion

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: August 02, 2016, 05:49:35 pm »

Which is the fault of invention, and flaws in the legal system. Now SCIENCE is solving the sorry mess that invention made, and the legal system will totally ignore science and keep on doing what it's been doing.
Make that argument again, but in slow motion
Guilty!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6169 on: August 02, 2016, 11:26:53 pm »

Case dismissed
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: August 03, 2016, 03:12:47 am »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: August 03, 2016, 04:04:48 am »

I maintain that the vampire glitch should have been left in. Besides, poetry crashing worldgen is way more funny.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6172 on: August 03, 2016, 04:25:44 am »

Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: August 03, 2016, 05:44:17 am »

Anyone seeking to practice parabiosis privately would quickly encounter the question of where to obtain sufficient quantities of young people's blood.

Assuming this even works(I'm not), this will likely lead to a horrible dystopia where the world is ruled by a small circle of really old, wealthy vampires that have thugs going around kidnapping young people to drain their blood so they can live forever.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: August 03, 2016, 07:14:07 am »

Anyone seeking to practice parabiosis privately would quickly encounter the question of where to obtain sufficient quantities of young people's blood.

Assuming this even works(I'm not), this will likely lead to a horrible dystopia where the world is ruled by a small circle of really old, wealthy vampires that have thugs going around kidnapping young people to drain their blood so they can live forever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6176 on: August 03, 2016, 08:29:41 am »

We could probably organise some kind of blood redistribution system, but that would also require incentives for people to have children, and something to do with old people with shit blood so they're not a perpetual drain on everyone

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: August 03, 2016, 08:32:56 am »

Ooooor... and I'm just putting this out there .... human farms.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: August 03, 2016, 09:23:41 am »

I bet there's a conspiracy theory somewhere on the internet with this exact premise.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 879