Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560970 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8076 guffaws and counting
« Reply #7980 on: November 10, 2017, 01:44:24 am »

Quote from: The Golden Thumbing of Dong, chapter 637
Mo Jingtian slowly nodded his head. He knew that from this day on, the Lin Clan would become the most powerful faction in the empire. In fact, even their Imperial Family would not dare to do anything to them.

Because, the Lin Clan had produced a Lin Dong.
It may be because it's twenty minutes till 1 AM, but. I laughed. also no, that's not the actual title of the work, it's wu something or other, it's in my post history if you actually care
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: November 10, 2017, 04:35:04 am »

Guys and gals, there's already a thread for all your Inspirobot shenanigans.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: November 10, 2017, 05:53:03 am »

The best thing about #3 is that reproduction is the *first* step.  In a six step process that ends in "go nuts".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:07 am »

Oh, I have a good one:

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: November 10, 2017, 11:00:37 am »

edit: Nevermind, I moved it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:03:01 am by Ultimuh »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: November 10, 2017, 11:37:31 am »

The best thing about #3 is that reproduction is the *first* step.  In a six step process that ends in "go nuts".
It's actually 5 steps.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: November 11, 2017, 10:39:00 pm »

I just finished watching the dubbed version of Star War: The Third Gathers: Backstroke of the West. It was hilarious. My favorite character was probably either D the Speaker or Ratio Tile; the scene where D gets the part to say with you forever was amazing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: November 12, 2017, 06:16:36 pm »

I feel I may regret this, but what's incels?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: November 12, 2017, 06:27:00 pm »

"Involuntary Celibates".

It was a subreddit where a bunch of misanthropic losers who couldn't get laid talked about how much they hated women for not sleeping with them, basically.

That's not an exaggeration; by all accounts it was a pit of scum and misogyny.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: November 12, 2017, 08:37:22 pm »

It's been a while since I heard about those guys, but apparently there was one member of that community who was so convinced that it was the responsibility of women around him to have sex with him that he proposed the US government provide girlfriends (in other words, government appointed sex slaves) to "incels" so that they wouldn't have to go through the pain of being deprived of female posterior.

TL;DR they're a bunch of douchebags who are too repulsive to obtain dat pussay and are perpetually really mad about it

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: November 12, 2017, 08:42:32 pm »

I remember back when their wikipedia article got axed, which was way back before I heard the word incel as we know it now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: November 12, 2017, 08:43:46 pm »

To be honest I've suspected some of that is from both genders, however it's couched differently / has it's own rationales.

e.g. "patriarchy fat-shaming / unrealistic beauty standards" could in some cases be a mask for the same sort of gripes. Basically ... those people who claim that all sexual attraction is a myth because of the patriarchy. e.g. the claim that boobs aren't desirable because we've evolved to be attracted to signs of biological adulthood, but it's completely arbitrary.

Some of those more out-there radfem articles straight-up state that men expressing any sort of standards whatsoever, for who they will date, is rape culture or toxic masculinity. e.g. for example EveBitfirst's rape supporter article claims men merely expressing that they have a "type" they like at all, makes them a rape apologist. So ... if you like skinny girls ... rapist. If you like curvy girls ... also a rapist. If you have any sort of preferences whatsoever where one girl is more attractive to you than another, you're a closet rapist according to EveBitFirst. (the original article is actually a good fit the the laugh thread, but not in a good way).

This sort of thing isn't that far off what the incel idiots write, it's just wrapped up in a slightly different meta-narrative.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:56:34 pm by Reelya »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: November 12, 2017, 08:54:43 pm »

Hey, in parts of Southeast Asia having as little boob as possible is seen as desirable. The breast fetishism that we Westerners take for granted is indeed a cultural artifact.

However I guess it's no coincidence that in both cultures breasts carry a sexual significance, as opposed to, let's say, pinky toes.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 879