Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 409708 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.49
« Reply #1515 on: January 31, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »

Cell phones consume a small ammount of power while turned off, presumably to keep the clock up to date. It takes a long time to drain the battery this way in a good phone, but ours has been weeks without a recharge.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 31, 2014, 08:55:19 pm »

In-game weeks, whatever that means for the cellphone.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 31, 2014, 10:32:29 pm »

A few IRL days at least, I think, since the day is at least a couple hours.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 02, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »

Three days since update, only two suggestion posts. There were a bunch of suggestions from the previous episode that didn't get acted on, but most of them were "ask Divayth about X." If noone has further input I have enough to write the next episode, but like GlyphGlyph said:

Now we need a good list of questions to ask them, but let's keep them limited to important questions - questions whose answers we can get some direct and powerful benefit from, questions that illuminate some very important information we know he knows. Let's talk about them and bring them up as suggestions to each other BEFORE bolding them - this is one of those times where everyone just throwing things out there is likely to end poorly.

There's potential to cover useful ground here. But I'm not going to cherry pick for you only the questions that will give the most useful information.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 02, 2014, 05:05:57 pm »

First, ask "is that errand, perhaps, to retrieve some dwemer boots of flying?"

I predict that Clover might plunder the corprusarium, leaving nothing for us even if we wanted to. Her plundering will give us some more time, though.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 05, 2014, 07:28:43 pm »

Ask politely if Clover was all she appeared to be under similar inspection. May give clues to true Nevarine.

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 06, 2014, 02:17:46 pm »

I really can't think of anything to ask while still following my previous opinion of not telling him things about us, so I have changed my mind.

Tell him that we are a traveler from another world and that we suspect we were brought here by Azura to become the Nerevarine. Use this to elicit as much information from him as possible about the nature of world traveling and the Nerevarine.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »

Tell him that we are a traveler from another world

"No, you're not from another world."

I don't think Divayth Fyr will buy that.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 06, 2014, 02:28:35 pm »

+1 to all above.

I don't think Divayth Fyr will buy that.
So we should say that we haven't existed in this world very long (how long has it been, few weeks?) and suspect outside interference.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 06, 2014, 02:40:27 pm »

Tell him that we are a traveler from another world and that we suspect we were brought here by Azura to become the Nerevarine. Use this to elicit as much information from him as possible about the nature of world traveling and the Nerevarine.
I'm not so sure about saying it like this. Divayth Fyr seems, at best, to have only a passing interest in the prophecy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 06, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »

Tell him we're, as far as we can tell, from another world, one in which the world of Morrowind and the recent events and such are part of an interactive story, but that Vivec says we're not from another world and that that confuses us as all get-out.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 07, 2014, 12:04:52 pm »

Tell him we're, as far as we can tell, from another world, one in which the world of Morrowind and the recent events and such are part of an interactive story, but that Vivec says we're not from another world and that that confuses us as all get-out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 07, 2014, 12:08:04 pm »

Before all that, though, do the cryptic thing and ask him about the errand. I just want to be clear on the order here.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 12, 2014, 09:26:49 am »

I agree with the above

And someone's got the top comment on Free Fred I see.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:10 am »

I approve of asking about the errand, asking about Clover, and Descan's thing.

However, I'd like to also suggest a simpler action:

Ask him what we seem to be, and what was so fascinating about us.

He cut himself off mid sentence to take a closer look at us, so he clearly saw something. Whatever it was apparently lost its appeal pretty quickly, but that actually works in our favor- it implies that whatever he saw gave him more answers than questions.

We've been in such a hurry to throw around our status as precognizant and alien that we've forgotten to ask him about it alongside our telling. We went through the same thing with Vivec, pretty much. We did have information he wanted, but he had information we needed as well.

I'm sure there's something else important to ask him as well, but nothing immediately comes to mind. He could theoretically tell us a huge amount about a massive number of things, but he's probably got better things to do and we're not in a position to take advantage of very much.

Finally, I hate to go off topic from the current issue, but I've recently gained some interesting (if, again, not very immediately relevant) information.

Some time ago somebody mentioned that they thought the PCs were patterned after ponies. I believe this is correct. Their explanation wasn't very detailed at the time, however, so I thought I'd elaborate.

Spoiler: Ponies, PCs, and You (click to show/hide)
Which leads us all to the ultimate question: Does this matter? It's possible this is incredibly important, and the key to figuring out what "PCs" are or what they're like. It's also possible LB just patterned the after ponies on a whim, and this doesn't help us except in predicting overt character traits of some PCs we meet.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 161