Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 10986

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13379909 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5190 on: February 16, 2012, 08:51:25 pm »

Well that name certainly isn't doing him any favors, either way.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: February 16, 2012, 09:06:24 pm »

It wasn't I that went WTF, but I was the direct cause of several today. It seems wearing a chainmail haubrerk attracts attention.
You know that we have a photo share thread, right?

So are you saying you want to see it, or are you saying not to post that here?
You get three guesses, and the first one doesn't count :P

But yeah, post it. What could be better than you in a hauberk?
I vote for seeing someone one in modern society and not in a fair of some sort wearing armor.  Like in a mall.  Hold on, let me get my facebook face on...
LOLOLOL NEED PICS
God that hurt.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:36 pm »

It wasn't I that went WTF, but I was the direct cause of several today. It seems wearing a chainmail haubrerk attracts attention.
You know that we have a photo share thread, right?

So are you saying you want to see it, or are you saying not to post that here?
You get three guesses, and the first one doesn't count :P

But yeah, post it. What could be better than you in a hauberk?
I vote for seeing someone one in modern society and not in a fair of some sort wearing armor.  Like in a mall.  Hold on, let me get my facebook face on...
LOLOLOL NEED PICS
God that hurt.

Hmmmm. It seems that I have caused more WTF's than I originally thought. It was my halloween costume, and when the history teacher saw it he asked if I could do a presentation for his class. Since then I have been asked to show it off elsewhere. So I guess I could post a picture of me wearing it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: February 16, 2012, 10:12:32 pm »

So just opened an old copy of Rogue Trader and... wut. Dreadnoughts are literally described as mechas and mech-suits? Giant space lizards? Squats? What heresy is this? ~ :P

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: February 16, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »

So just opened an old copy of Rogue Trader and... wut. Dreadnoughts are literally described as mechas and mech-suits? Giant space lizards? Squats? What heresy is this? ~ :P
Yeah, Rogue Trader is from the really, really, old days of Games Workshop. Most of the content has been retcon'd out of canon for more straight faced content.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: February 16, 2012, 11:12:26 pm »

The Dark kind of Heresy, obviously.
*rimshot*

Yeah, older editions of RT were made before 40k canon was really established. If I remember correctly, Space Marines were not genetically altered super soldiers, but larger-than-normal men who were basically sociopathic. Squats were "space dwarves" that ended up getting eaten by tyranids because they didn't fit the universe and weren't unique enough. I believe it is actually against the rules of the official GW forums to mention Squats.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: February 16, 2012, 11:21:33 pm »

Experimenting with worldgens in DF .34.  Trying to avoid entering golden age.  Even with 400 titans and more than half the map being savage with extra helpings of evil biome, Age of Myth lasts less than 150 years.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:38 pm »

I can't wait for the new release of the Lazy Newb Pack. Ascii makes me cry.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: February 16, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »

Phoebus and Ironhand are both updated.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: February 16, 2012, 11:45:48 pm »

Experimenting with worldgens in DF .34.  Trying to avoid entering golden age.  Even with 400 titans and more than half the map being savage with extra helpings of evil biome, Age of Myth lasts less than 150 years.

Really?  My first world in that version had three ages of myth, three ages of legend (alternating between the two) and then settled on an age of heroes.

In more WTF-related news, I saw a school bus run a red light.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: February 16, 2012, 11:48:11 pm »

I'm also using the Legends of Forlorn Realms mod, which certainly makes a difference.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: February 16, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »

Phoebus and Ironhand are both updated.
And neither are that hard to add on. Therapist might take longer, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53:05 pm »

Therapist and Legends Viewer are also both working.  Not polished updates, but functional.  The only major tool left that I use regularly is DFHack.  Gotta have my prospector and cleanmap.

Everyone's been really awesome about getting out the updates super fast.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: February 17, 2012, 03:53:33 am »

I'm listening to a mixture of wubstep and trance. WTF, internets? Why am I enjoying this? WTF, MZ?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: February 17, 2012, 03:53:52 am »

For fuck sake! This succession fort is fucking ridiculous.

I have 38 children out of 85 population! This is my latest immigrant wave. For some awesome reason, 90% of my immigrants have been soldiers. Sadly, that means half of my population are useless children while the rest are all soldiers. Ironically, I have very few people who can do anything more than haul shit around. :|

I'm in the 2nd year of this fortress as the 2nd successor. I've had 2 deaths, one to starvation one to berserkdom, and have yet to get any invasion. I JUST finished getting the immigrants, so I might be getting a nasty surprise soon. >_>

The guy who starved is the husband of our Mayor and Surgeon, who was pregnant at the time and had her 5th kid not too long ago. She's also a badass marksdwarf.

Please, Armok, please slaughter all my children. I'm getting tired of all my booze disappearing mysteriously after a flood of children raid my already-dwindled booze stocks. :|

I've always wanted more military, but this game is just INSANE. I have yet to finish building the basic fort, since my predecessor build a surface outpost in the hills which is very badly defended. I'm just about done with a large, efficient multi-level fortress with good defenses, but I need some damn workers to finish the good stuff.

TLDR;

ALL THESE FUCKING CHILDREN SHOULD FALL OFF A CLIFF AND DIE.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 10986