Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082856 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.23-r1
« Reply #1875 on: January 11, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »

So I've been trying to get two dwarves to marry via dfhack because they're taking too long, and I found a script to do so here, which does exactly what I want to do. But there's a slight snag.

It keeps asking for a unit ID, and I have absolutely no idea what that is, and extensive googling has led me nowhere. I had a feeling it might have been the unit name (nada), the unit nickname (nope), the unit's memory address via dwarf therapist (again, nope), but nothing I've tried has worked.

Anyone know what a unit ID is? :p It's probably something extremely obvious that I'm missing out on, but I don't even know where to start on finding that thing.

EDIT : Tried using the names inside quotes, that didn't work either :(

Unit ID is not a name. It's unit.id in the structure. "teleport -showunitid" will show you the unit's Id.

Also, the way that scripts gets units from IDs is... awful. I mean, not as bad as my first tries, but still, awful. df.unit.find, come on :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:07:31 pm by Putnam »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 11, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »

Hmmm, you should be able to see it with gm-editor, just be wary of changing things in there.

Pardon the wonky 0's, twbt keeps giving me segfaults* but yeah, one of these for the unit in question should be what you're after:

*Without twbt it works fine, when I turn it on (df 40.23, current dfhack, twbt 5.40, arch linux) I get this:
Code: [Select]
./dfhack: line 43:  9279 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD=$PRELOAD_LIB ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"
I knew what to do with that at one point, but things have been working smooth ever since so I'm tarding out on how to make it stop doing that.

caekdaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: January 11, 2015, 08:07:02 pm »

Unit ID is a name. It's unit.id in the structure. "teleport -showunitid" will show you the unit's Id.

Also, the way that scripts gets units from IDs is... awful. I mean, not as bad as my first tries, but still, awful. df.unit.find, come on :P
Tried that, but wierdly enough teleport gave me errors :o Dunno why, I was probably doing it wrong somehow, but...
Hmmm, you should be able to see it with gm-editor, just be wary of changing things in there.
This worked perfectly! :D

They're now a happy and loving couple!

EDIT : Hang on a second...I've got a bad feeling about this. It says on both of them that they are married to their spouse and shows that on the relationship screen, but they also say they are romantically involved with them.

Oh dear, I've probably just corrupted my save haven't I?

Double EDIT : Okay, just loaded and tested, game save still loads. Guess I have to chalk that one up as an oddity :p
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:20:50 pm by caekdaemon »

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 11, 2015, 09:03:46 pm »

I don't have the means to get metal bars for a mooded dwarf, so I have createitem set to put items on the floor via createitem floor. Then when I run the actual createitem to spawn in the bars, it refuses to work saying "No unit selected" what do I do?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 11, 2015, 09:05:48 pm »

I don't have the means to get metal bars for a mooded dwarf, so I have createitem set to put items on the floor via createitem floor. Then when I run the actual createitem to spawn in the bars, it refuses to work saying "No unit selected" what do I do?
Select a unit (then run createitem).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 11, 2015, 09:45:06 pm »

Doesn't it default to floor anyways?

I know createitem TYPE:ITEM_TYPE_SPECIFIC_NAME MATERIAL with a unit selected puts it at their feet.

Incidentally, while metals and stones are straightforward (createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_2H STEEL, createitem TABLE OBSIDIAN) other materials can be confusing as hell. I had some weird results trying to make spears for a shaft of enlightenment once before I figured it out (createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TRAINING PLANT:FEATHER:WOOD, not PLANT:FEATHER_WOOD, which gives you "feather wood plant training spear" apparently), oh and while trying to dress up an outsider adventurer to go chuck elves out of trees I worked out that createitem ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ARMOR_LEATHER ELF:LEATHER does exactly what it says on the tin, which is neat.

Though a lot of that isn't necessary since hack-wish is working properly with the last several versions, which is nice in case you were wanting to say, finish an outfit of undulating cloth stuff you got in a quick raid on a vault, but weren't able to find a hood... because I have no clue how to make the various procedurally generated materials work right with createitem.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 11, 2015, 11:23:53 pm »

There's also a create-items command that handles bars (and a few other things). I find it easier to use for the items it works for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 11, 2015, 11:38:55 pm »

There's also gui/hack-wish which is a GUI that can be used to make any item.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 12, 2015, 04:42:52 am »

Yup, and is way easier than memorizing createitem stuff, though once you get used to doing it that way it feels weird scrolling through the hack-wish gui.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 12, 2015, 04:43:17 am »

Yup, and is way easier than memorizing createitem stuff, though once you get used to doing it that way it feels weird scrolling through the hack-wish gui.

You can search with hack-wish.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 12, 2015, 11:19:52 pm »

True, but there are a lot of less-than-obvious options exposed through the gui, so unless I'm specifically looking for like, a flowing metal spear or something I don't mind paging through.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 12, 2015, 11:48:17 pm »

Every item and every material are exposed, so that's kinda all-encompassing, heh.

disacorns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 13, 2015, 11:27:18 am »

a couple of things have been bothering me:

quicksave crashes my game. everything stops. i get large bar (nothing like the seasonal one). sometimes after a minute or so i can press enter or whatever and continue playing (not necessarily having saved). sometimes everything crashes.

therapist crashes df. ive gotten in the habit of saving after every read/update.

shouldnt clean clean ashes as well? (i had a major forest fire)

automelt/autodump tend to get "stuck". i notice after a while nothing happens. i try disabling and reenabling, setting it dump myself, remove the autodump from the stockpile, nothing until i close out the game and restart. (ditto everything with automelt, dont know about autotrade, i use it but its not as common) i think it happens when i save (normally) and continue game.

has anyone found a way for automaterial to remember the selected materials? its annoying to have to reset all the kinds wooden blocks each time i reopen the game.

is there a way to autochop specific types of trees? (a cool though i imagine difficult to implement feature request: autochop the biggest trees. )

---

i dont mean to sound whiny in all of this. dfhack is absolutely awesome. this is the first fort ive used it on. i didnt feel comfortable cheating, and so avoided it in the past, but now im working on an above ground fortress, and the blood, etc everywhere was driving me nuts, and there wasnt anything i could do about it. (just looking at the list in my bathtub made me queasy) so i got dfhack for its cleaning abilities. now i dont think i could play without it. personal favorites are: clean (of course), workflow, autobutcher, automaterial, automelt/dump/trade (basicly anything that helps automate). rename is surprisingly helpful (i just wish it worked on bridges). digv looks awesome, but above-ground fort, have yet to try it.

in short, thank you very very much!

(oh, p.s. people have been claiming cutting down the trees, especially cherry trees, helps with fps. after my major forest fire which burnt down most of my map, and any tree more than two stories, ive noticed absolutely no change in fps.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 13, 2015, 02:56:14 pm »

Quicksave, at least, has been working for me. What DFHack version and platform are you using?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

disacorns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 14, 2015, 01:42:05 am »

sorry should have mentioned that:
ubuntu 14.10
dfhack 0.40.19.r1

would updating help?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 360