Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772480 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1275 on: October 30, 2014, 03:26:59 am »

The chair thing would also be doable if overrides could be material (or material group) specific, which has been mentioned as a feature request before.

I now think I probably can support overrides by material for buildings and items relatively easily. But will this require listing all possible woods/stones/etc. separately in overrides configuration, or there's a better way? I'm not an expert in how materials work in df.

Also, I'd like to remind that generally I'm against using overrides for things that can be done in raws, like replacing colours for some materials and so on. Mostly because of performance issues of course, especially when overriding widely used tiles and/or using many overrides for single tile (so that it needs to check them all). If raw editing is undesirable, I can think of some commands to change raws in memory instead.

Obviously overrides by tile colour are easy too (obviously - because I already have tile colour when processing a tile), but I need to think of a better way to configure overrides - OVERRIDE command becomes too long and complicated.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 30, 2014, 03:29:12 am »

REACTION_CLASSes can be found through DFHack, which can get the material of an item quickly. This basically covers all materials.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 30, 2014, 03:54:17 am »

Also, I'd like to remind that generally I'm against using overrides for things that can be done in raws, like replacing colours for some materials and so on. Mostly because of performance issues of course, especially when overriding widely used tiles and/or using many overrides for single tile (so that it needs to check them all). If raw editing is undesirable, I can think of some commands to change raws in memory instead.

Uh oh, so having to many overides for the same tiles can really reduce the fps? Like a different overides for every type of grass?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1278 on: October 30, 2014, 04:05:03 am »

Uh oh, so having to many overides for the same tiles can really reduce the fps? Like a different overides for every type of grass?

Well, it will just have to compare tile properties with each override, so yes, the more the slower (while overrides for different tiles are accessed by index so less overrides for more tiles don't slow things down). If you can send me your overrides configuration (even unfinished), I probably can think of some optimisations for real-life use case.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 30, 2014, 04:13:05 am »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1280 on: October 30, 2014, 04:23:32 am »

Well it's not that bad. But I'll take detailed look later. Actually I didn't quite finish tiletype overrides - overrides by special dfhack tiletype attributes (material, shape, etc.) are planned, so for things like soil floor there will be one record instead of four (material - soil, shape - floor), and it will also work faster. Sorry you have to list them all separately at the moment.

Btw, you don't have to use numbers for tileset IDs, they can be any descriptive strings.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 30, 2014, 04:35:55 am »

Actually I didn't quite finish tiletype overrides - overrides by special dfhack tiletype attributes (material, shape, etc.) are planned, so for things like soil floor there will be one record instead of four (material - soil, shape - floor), and it will also work faster. Sorry you have to list them all separately at the moment.

Oh, that would be cool.

Btw, you don't have to use numbers for tileset IDs, they can be any descriptive strings.

Oh, you mean that could use a word instead? I just did it the same way as Leocean, i thought that was the only way to do it.

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 30, 2014, 05:20:59 am »

I downloaded DF starterpack in this page
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7622

and unzip it,
and download latest version of override.txt from here
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129219.120
and overwrite it.
and played DF.

"Text Will Be Text" is include three Functions.
1. separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text
2. Multi-level rendering
3. override tile numbers for buildings, items and various tile types.

Function 1 is work well.
Function 2 is also work well.

But, Function 3 doesn't work!!
It is only black square!!! not various item tile!!
■■■ It just appear like this shape!!!

What's wrong??

DFHack is not problem. work well.
any red messages, yellow messages not appeared.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 30, 2014, 05:29:52 am »

Update to the newest version of the TwbT plugin. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 30, 2014, 10:27:57 am »

Just figured out, where this colour-override thing i described may be really useful: Traps. Game uses colours to tell the player, is this ^ tile a cage trap (^), weapon (^), or stone-fall (^), no matter what material were used in construction. And in other hand there is no way to input different tiles for different traps via building_id manipulation

UPD: same with pressure plates, they are ^
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:54:39 pm by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:39 am »

<snip>

Obviously overrides by tile colour are easy too (obviously - because I already have tile colour when processing a tile), but I need to think of a better way to configure overrides - OVERRIDE command becomes too long and complicated.

I've mostly been looking for material based overrides to have entirely different tiles based on the material, which, sadly, I can't do through raws.

With OVERRIDE getting too long, would it be possible to break it down into multiple tags? Like this:
[OVERRIDE:tile]
    [TYPE:type][SUBTYPE:subtype][NEWTILE:tileset:new tile][NEWCOLOR:new foreground:newbackground:new brightness]

That is, it would group each tile override together, then set the new tiles, colors, etc if it meets certain criteria.  For instance
[OVERRIDE:210]
    [KIND:I][TYPE:CHAIR][MATERIAL:WOOD][NEWTILE:2:0]
    [KIND:I][TYPE:CHAIR][MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON][NEWTILE:2:1]
Would replace all Wood chairs (Material token may be incorrect, I'm not at a computer with DF) with the first tile in tileset 2, and all Iron chairs with the second tile in tileset 2.

whitecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 30, 2014, 03:07:37 pm »

Can machinery tiles be overwritten?
I'd like to add another tileset for rollers and change the way axles and gears look.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 30, 2014, 03:22:35 pm »

Can machinery tiles be overwritten?
I'd like to add another tileset for rollers and change the way axles and gears look.

There is IDs for axles and, i presume, other machinery, so it seems possible
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1288 on: October 30, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »

I've mostly been looking for material based overrides to have entirely different tiles based on the material, which, sadly, I can't do through raws.

With OVERRIDE getting too long, would it be possible to break it down into multiple tags? Like this:
[OVERRIDE:tile]
    [TYPE:type][SUBTYPE:subtype][NEWTILE:tileset:new tile][NEWCOLOR:new foreground:newbackground:new brightness]

That is, it would group each tile override together, then set the new tiles, colors, etc if it meets certain criteria.  For instance
[OVERRIDE:210]
    [KIND:I][TYPE:CHAIR][MATERIAL:WOOD][NEWTILE:2:0]
    [KIND:I][TYPE:CHAIR][MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON][NEWTILE:2:1]
Would replace all Wood chairs (Material token may be incorrect, I'm not at a computer with DF) with the first tile in tileset 2, and all Iron chairs with the second tile in tileset 2.

Yes, it's going to be something like this.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 30, 2014, 07:55:00 pm »

I'm not a wizard like mifki, but would putting the overrides in a block by material which is only accessed when it shows up help anything? List the obsidian chair/table/door/whatever in a spot that can be skipped for other materials instead of being checked by item, or would that just make it worse?

Probably a reason this is dumb that I'm missing.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 184