Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 80676 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Magical Items
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2017, 09:55:33 pm »

ASCIIPuter:

A seemingly regular computer that outputs everything in an ASCII display.
uh

you know that was once the only kind of display computers had, right?

This is not so much a "bizarre magical item" as a "totally mundane obsolete item".

Yeah, but it has otherwise top-end specs.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 16, 2017, 09:59:29 pm »

Yeah, but it has otherwise top-end specs.
Okay, then "totally mundane somewhat-inconvenient-but-not-technically-obsolete item of which I actually know people who have examples"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:58 pm »

Sounds more like he has never administered a cloud services server\filer.

Those are basically really high end systems with no graphics hardware. You administer them using ssh almost exclusively.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2017, 10:32:08 pm »

Sounds more like he has never administered a cloud services server\filer.

Those are basically really high end systems with no graphics hardware. You administer them using ssh almost exclusively.
Yeah, I considered this but decided that a server doesn't really count as "top-end" from an ordinary end user's perspective, since the majority of the ordinary end user's perspective *is* graphics performance.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2017, 10:32:30 pm »

I dream of the day I can access my operating system purely via console... Together with vim keybindings for Firefox, I'll never need a mouse again.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 16, 2017, 11:16:26 pm »

New Shoes

These fine soft shoes are activated by touching your foot, while wearing it, with another persons foot.  This can be done through most forms of footwear.  The two feet are then instantly, irreversibly and painlessly swapped, with the ankles of each recipient altered to accommodate the new foot.  The shoes or other footwear go with the foot, so this can lead to some unfortunate circumstances in crowds.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 16, 2017, 11:30:15 pm »

New Shoes

These fine soft shoes are activated by touching your foot, while wearing it, with another persons foot.  This can be done through most forms of footwear.  The two feet are then instantly, irreversibly and painlessly swapped, with the ankles of each recipient altered to accommodate the new foot.  The shoes or other footwear go with the foot, so this can lead to some unfortunate circumstances in crowds.

...now I'm imagining two people faceplanting due to a shoe-to-high heel swap. This shouldn't amuse me as much as it does.

Pick-Up Truck: This truck is enchanted to harvest any resource within 13 meters of it and store said resources in the back of said truck. Some variations have people replace the 'bed' of the truck with a portal to instantly transport the looted resources.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 16, 2017, 11:34:55 pm »

New Shoes

...now I'm imagining two people faceplanting due to a shoe-to-high heel swap. This shouldn't amuse me as much as it does.

Pick-Up Truck: This truck is enchanted to harvest any resource within 13 meters of it and store said resources in the back of said truck. Some variations have people replace the 'bed' of the truck with a portal to instantly transport the looted resources.

You could also very easily end up with two left feet.

I wonder who defines resources, this would be quite dangerous in the hands of a slaver.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 16, 2017, 11:55:45 pm »

Never mind slavers - phosphate traders would just straight up extract peoples' skeletons.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 17, 2017, 12:07:03 am »

Never mind slavers - phosphate traders would just straight up extract peoples' skeletons.

Nah, it doesn't protect the driver, so they would just instantly kill themselves.

Actually that truck would be real hard to even use for most collecting and is mostly just a death trap.  A worthy addition to this list!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 17, 2017, 09:44:10 am »

Sword of Board

A sword apt to only be used as a board in a construction project.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 18, 2017, 02:39:26 pm »

Sword of Board

A sword apt to only be used as a board in a construction project.

I pity the fool who mistakes it as a sword used in boarding enemy ships.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 18, 2017, 06:42:31 pm »

Sinking cap: Causes whatever the wearer is standing on to sink(Lower) on the point the wearer is standing with equal force as though the wearer weighed thirty tons.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 21, 2017, 06:39:08 pm »

Sinking cap: Causes whatever the wearer is standing on to sink(Lower) on the point the wearer is standing with equal force as though the wearer weighed thirty tons.
...I'd imagine that stepping on someone's chest while you're wearing these would be lethal?
GENERATION 32:

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2017, 10:04:14 pm »

Itheberg: A crystal that disrupt higher brain functions when close to it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62