Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 10988

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13442582 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19650 on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:02 am »

I'm so bad at explaining that I actually lose skillpoints when doing so.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: October 12, 2012, 11:25:51 am »

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19653 on: October 12, 2012, 11:38:27 am »

It looks like Wheatly, Portal 2, vaguely.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: October 12, 2012, 11:57:28 am »

How stupid are the people at this college? There was a fire drill* yesterday, and not only did few people take it seriously, few other students failed to notice the crowd of people evacuated from the building(it was just the one building that had the alarm go off), and had to be yelled at(repeatedly) to not go in the building while the situation was checked by the fire marshall.

*Wasn't actually a drill. Wasn't a fire, either. One of the smoke detectors burned out, located behind the ATM next to the bookstore where I work, accessed by a poorly secured door in the bookstore. The manager got in trouble(not serious trouble, just a talking-to by school security) about locking the store door before leaving(which seems reasonable otherwise). We nor security also do not have a key to access the room behind the ATM, but one of the campus cops was later able to demonstrate just pulling the door open.

And, medical WTF: In addition to being alarmed by the rapid worsening of dandruff(most likely severe psoriasis), and appearance of little brown spots on my arms and face, I now have something on one of my tonsils. Not sure what, it looks like a blister or something. Doesn't hurt, but it's rubbing against the back of my tongue, and feels like something lodged in the back of my mouth.

I LOLed at that.

Also, throw her into the world, and let her try to figure things out for a few hours.  Than answer her Qs.
Worked for me, I learned to read playing video games like that. Had a college-grade reading level by 3rd grade.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: October 12, 2012, 12:11:24 pm »

Hehe, my english is great imho. And i did not even have a single English lesson before this year. My main mistake is that i dont ever spell i with a capital I.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19656 on: October 12, 2012, 12:12:28 pm »

Hehe, my english is great imho. And i did not even have a single English lesson before this year. My main mistake is that i dont ever spell i with a capital I.
Same case. Learn English mainly by playing Pokemon. And the internet of course.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19657 on: October 12, 2012, 12:17:53 pm »

Will that approach still work for learning a second language? “Play video games” is rarely a good answer for education, so I’m hoping it is. I might actually get around to finally learning another language that way.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19658 on: October 12, 2012, 12:20:31 pm »

I learned more about English by reading and playing games than from classes; I've learned probably as much Spanish from reading and talking with latino grooms during their ESL sessions as I have in classes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19659 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »

Will that approach still work for learning a second language? “Play video games” is rarely a good answer for education, so I’m hoping it is. I might actually get around to finally learning another language that way.
You have to learn a language by using it. Wherether that is by mass repitition of sentence or by trial and error of deciphering video games, your choice. The effects depend on how you learn. To be fair, you're not going to learn much grammar from playing games.

For me, it worked quite well (Also got educational computer games when I was younger, which resulted in me being ahead of the rest of the class.)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:43 pm »

Yup. I'll probably forget nigh all my french in 2 years

But i actually USE english. So thats something i probs wont ever forget.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: October 12, 2012, 12:36:25 pm »

Yup. I'll probably forget nigh all my French in 2 years.

But I actually USE English. So thats something I probably wont ever forget.
With this much deterioration, I give it a year, maybe two. <insert mirth-indicating iconography>

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:08 pm »

Probs is simply a abbreviation. And yes, i usually dont type " ' ". I write it, obviously. And yes, i realize that i never capitalize I. I actually just mentioned it on the last post of last page :P.

Furthermore, you can hardly say that it hurts your brain to read my English.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: October 12, 2012, 12:58:15 pm »

I am Fenrir. I find everyone’s English inadequate, including my own.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: October 12, 2012, 01:00:26 pm »

Luckily, you cannot find my English inadequate since I refuse to speak it.
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 10988