Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 741584 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #3045 on: November 16, 2017, 06:00:18 pm »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: November 16, 2017, 06:05:51 pm »

B ecause after some consideration, I realize the worst-case scenario of putting Luath back in charge is not that bad at all.

Although one wonders whether running off on an extended trip in the exact opposite direction will put a crimp in Yoe's marriage plans. Especially if he "rescues" a cute northern blonde, amirite?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: November 16, 2017, 06:08:09 pm »

I also support B. DEATH OR GLORY.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 16, 2017, 06:14:09 pm »

B!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: November 16, 2017, 06:14:18 pm »

A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: November 16, 2017, 07:25:21 pm »

A, I don't wanna play through this war in slow motion and Lucky has a better chance of helping us with fewer rolls of greater impact.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: November 16, 2017, 07:44:58 pm »

B I usually prefer to let Martial Kings do the fighting but it's been way to long since we last lead a campaign. It'll be nice to get out of our castle for a while. Maybe we'll make some new Cylwyl friends while we're out in the field. Hang out with our old buddy the Marshal. Maybe ask about getting our own cool Winged Helmet.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: November 16, 2017, 08:07:27 pm »

A Just tought that his luck trait is better used in greater scale things, and we NEED to keep doing our court things to prevent backstabbing from neighboors and to act fast when the damdamian come
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 16, 2017, 08:10:40 pm »

A

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 16, 2017, 09:27:31 pm »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: November 16, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »

I referenced my speculation when I voted but didn't post it.

It's true that Yoe has been a better court king than field leader. But my analysis is that if:
I) we are seriously attacked from south while army is north then any leader in palace is about equal worth when scrambling with short resources;
II) we are attacked after a bad campaign loses big chunk of army, charismatic Luath may be better at holding off the worst until numbers are back up.

Meanwhile, Yoe's luck and morale boost(?) might help more soldiers return from what looks to me like a tough assignment.
It's not necessary, as others have pointed out, but I think it offers our best chance of damage control – during the campaign, and in seasons to come if the worst should befall.

This is on the assumption that Luath will again be interim head of government (for as long as turns out to be necessary). The Divine have mercy on us if somehow Segeda worms her way into the regency seat for her son!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: November 16, 2017, 10:28:20 pm »

Since we're outlining our arguements for why we voted, I might as well put out my thoughts, although I've said these probably quite a few times over the various spamkingdoms, but it doesn't change.

The "mechanics" seem to support in general not sending the king out to war unless he's martial, simply because the sorta normalish outcome of rolls. When we're in the court a really bad roll seems to lead to a really bad outcome of the campaign, a bad roll leads to a bad outcome of the campaign, a mediocre roll leads to a mediocre outcome, a good roll to a good outcome, and a great roll to a great outcome. As you'd expect. But when we're on the field rolls in general seems a bit harsher.  A terrible or bad roll can sometimes outright cause a bad to really bad outcome of the campaign, and often leans to stacking penalties that will make it pretty likely we get a bad outcome in the end. A mediocre roll seems to normally lead to somewhere between a mediocre to bad result, normally either causing the campaign to move forward in a neutral manner, or costing us some resource and moving the campaign forward in a neutral manner. Whereas good and great rolls don't have NEARLY the impact that bad and terrible rolls do, they typically just move the campaign forward somewhere from a positive to neutral manner. All in all, it seems like the outcome of rolls are normally simply worse if we actually go out. I mean, consider the 6 we rolled that let us instantly take over a kingdom without significant losses. That'd be almost impossible to get on campaign. We'd have to roll 6 after 6 after 6 to get the same effect if we went ourselves. But if we rolled a 1, our army was destroyed, and we were pushed back, maybe even lost land? That's not the end result of a series of ones on campaign. But rather just more 1s, 2s and 3s then 4s, 5s and 6s.

At least, that's my very much non scientific observation over the past four spamkingdom games. If we have the martial trait the bonus is enough to reverse this effect and give us a slightly better then average result.

Also our lucky trait should probably be better with a single roll then lots of smaller ones. Simply because as said if it procs on campaign that won't actually amount to much. It's obviously a lot less likely to proc for the war outcome, but if it does it will have a significant effect on the outcome.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:30:34 pm by Criptfeind »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: November 17, 2017, 03:51:12 pm »

You decide to stay at your palace. The Army will mobilize by Spring.

1112 AD, End of the Year

It's that time of the year! The Scrolls of Kingdom Status are brought to you.

Happiness: 4
Population: 6
Economy: 4
Army: 6

The Advisor coughs. You scratch your beard.

The meeting comes to an end-

"Oh right, my liege. The scribes have finished expanding the map once again. Thanks to the soldiers stationed in Lametania, we have actually managed to learn a bit of the Damdamian territories."

1113 AD, Spring

Your Army is already in northern Cydwyl; bringing fearsome Thundercats for the first true field test of their might.

You marry your third wife, Auvena, in a modest ceremony. You quickly find that she is somewhat pretty, quiet and obedient, but fully disinterested in sharing the bed with you and shows no enthusiasm in being in centre of attention as a Queen. She has delegated herself to governance over your palatial servants.

1113 AD, Mid-Spring

First reports come from the northern battlefields; your Army and forces of Queen Dogethe, together numbering almost nine thousand, have met with over seven thousand of Helliste and Dahnian men led by Prince Etavik, who was killed (either in combat or after being captured by Dogethe's generals, your soldiers aren't sure).

Thundercats have perfomed rather well, and while they didn't seem to do much damage, they were reliable and had range and firing rate near to what your alchemists claimed. The generals of Queen Dogethe have been less than impressed however, and their orders are for Thundercats to deliver bombard fortified places rather than fight on the field.

Few days later, you receive a visit from the priests of Pantheonism.

"May the Pantheon forever bless you, good King Yoe! Our gods, even if shunned by the new faiths, have sent us omens and visions, which made us believe that, after almost a century, it is time when the Hunt for White Stag is to be held! Can we ask for your Treasury to sponsor this holy celebration and for you to partake in it, so that the Gods may favor our country?" You decide to...

A) Sponsor the hunt and take part in it.
B) Reject their request.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:01:53 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: November 17, 2017, 04:02:37 pm »

As tempting as that is, I think common sense dictates we don't go around throwing money at things for the time being. B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: November 17, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1087