Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 343553 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1665 on: June 20, 2019, 12:30:10 pm »

"Right. Um, Randolf? I think you'll probably be better at dousing the flames, it being about moving a large amount and all, sorta attacking them with water. But I'll try I guess."
Attempt to douse the flames via the sword. If I fail then pass the blade to Randolf to let him make an attempt of his own.

RGU can auto me if I don't respond to a turn within 24 hours of it posting.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 20, 2019, 03:41:07 pm »

Spoiler: Eve (click to show/hide)
Hwas back to the graveyard and attempt to use the prybar to open the lid of the sarcophagus. If the prybar fails, Try to make a pulley and use it for the same task

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: June 20, 2019, 10:16:18 pm »

Check the Ghost Charm and follow it if it shows anything. Meanwhile, ask about casually concerning religious burial places, especially defunct ones - like maybe an abandoned monastic village or something.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 20, 2019, 10:46:45 pm »

Look around for valuables.  Try to use my magical senses, presumably by holding things, walls, etcetera, to find anything that might be 'alive' or something that is magical.

Gather things that look reasonably valuable, but try for a variety of things, not just things that are worth money.  Some other stuff I care about:

1. Personal weapons or equipment.  Probably some militia members or mercenaries who could use additional gear.  Dunno if I'll find any, but might as well look.
2. Intact equipment or components.  Artifacts work on Thaum, right?  Even if I can't use it for mana, some of that stuff or things that would convert things into thaum would be valuable.  I'd like to try my hand at alchemy at some point, so
3.  Items that seem shiny or ornate, even if broken junk.
4.  Items with inexplicable properties.  Such as things that are unusually hot, greasy, etcetera.  They might have the keys to learning words in the future or otherwise be useful.

Most valuable would be mana batteries, but I have no idea what they look like or feel like.

Lastly, if there's space left, get a few chunks of what looks to be good steel, for possible reshaping or transmogrification via Steel spell.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:44:17 am by Devastator »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1669 on: June 21, 2019, 09:35:06 am »

Prepare for some boarding action, try to get into a fight against two pirates at once.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:33:08 pm by Hotfire90 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 22, 2019, 03:21:43 pm »

"Magic and finesse has never been my thing, you know. I guess I could try, but so far I've only make ice with it."

If Nina fails, attempt to use the sword to "attack" the flames with water.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 23, 2019, 10:52:43 am »

Wow. Wasted those ingredients, tore up your rags...just...fucked it all up.
How much was wasted in total? For bookkeeping porpoises.

Put my ear to the wall and listen, can I hear anything? (note: Darwin would do this either until he hears something or until at least a minute has passed, in case Pan can't post before this turn).

Could you describe how the wall shenanigans looked like from Darwin's POV? And is the hall blocked in that direction now, or just the door?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 10:55:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1672 on: June 23, 2019, 02:35:28 pm »

"Right. Um, Randolf? I think you'll probably be better at dousing the flames, it being about moving a large amount and all, sorta attacking them with water. But I'll try I guess."
Attempt to douse the flames via the sword. If I fail then pass the blade to Randolf to let him make an attempt of his own.

RGU can auto me if I don't respond to a turn within 24 hours of it posting.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
[9v4]
Nina, accompanied by Randolf, walks around town, staying near the water's edge, and manipulates  jets of water to put out the fires . She does this relatively easily and within  maybe an hour the town has been effectively doused.

The citizens seem to be calming down as well, at least those close enough to see the fires going out and hear the all clears. Someone is ringing a church bell somewhere.

Hwas back to the graveyard and attempt to use the prybar to open the lid of the sarcophagus. If the prybar fails, Try to make a pulley and use it for the same task
[3v6][3v5]
You attempt to both pry and pull the lid open...you get a little progress, the lid does shift a bit, but it doesn't open. Hmmm. Might get it if you keep trying...or maybe you could use a big rock or something to increase the weight of your pull?

Check the Ghost Charm and follow it if it shows anything. Meanwhile, ask about casually concerning religious burial places, especially defunct ones - like maybe an abandoned monastic village or something.

The charm doesn't show anything near by.
[2v6]
You ask if there are any good graveyards around. Ones that no one cares about. Ones that are not well tended. Or guarded. Or monitored at all really. Sadly you get no answers.

Look around for valuables.  Try to use my magical senses, presumably by holding things, walls, etcetera, to find anything that might be 'alive' or something that is magical.

Gather things that look reasonably valuable, but try for a variety of things, not just things that are worth money.  Some other stuff I care about:

1. Personal weapons or equipment.  Probably some militia members or mercenaries who could use additional gear.  Dunno if I'll find any, but might as well look.
2. Intact equipment or components.  Artifacts work on Thaum, right?  Even if I can't use it for mana, some of that stuff or things that would convert things into thaum would be valuable.  I'd like to try my hand at alchemy at some point, so
3.  Items that seem shiny or ornate, even if broken junk.
4.  Items with inexplicable properties.  Such as things that are unusually hot, greasy, etcetera.  They might have the keys to learning words in the future or otherwise be useful.

Most valuable would be mana batteries, but I have no idea what they look like or feel like.

Lastly, if there's space left, get a few chunks of what looks to be good steel, for possible reshaping or transmogrification via Steel spell.

1. All of these guns could be used; they're currently bolted in place but if you could free them and modify them to fire normally with a trigger, they'd work like any rifle. Tons of ammo for them too.
2.Nothing here that seems to run on Thaum or anything magical, least as you know it.
3. You find a large scale gyrotourbillon buried in the guts of the ship. It is still ticking away and seems like it might be worth a good deal considering its complexity.
4. You find what seems to be a boiler or some kind of heat system; its been badly damaged but the bottom of the heater is covered in silvery pellets that are still very hot. There is a dim blue glow around them.

There's plenty of steel and other metals around including some kind of odd metal that kind of looks like woven black fabric but is as hard as steel.

Prepare for some boarding action, try to get into a fight against two pirates at once.
The attempts to hide the barge apparently don't work because the other ship keeps coming. Once it reaches a distance of about 150 feet it suddenly launches something into the sky and a moment later everything is brightly illuminated by a flare.  As this happens the other ship opens fire: No cannons as of yet but rifle shots ring out in the otherwise quiet night  and bits of deck splinter around you.  You see several men fall, but the crew is firing back, filling the oddly illuminated scene with strobing muzzle flashes. You take cover behind a large crate as the gunfire continues.

Wow. Wasted those ingredients, tore up your rags...just...fucked it all up.
How much was wasted in total? For bookkeeping porpoises.

Put my ear to the wall and listen, can I hear anything? (note: Darwin would do this either until he hears something or until at least a minute has passed, in case Pan can't post before this turn).

Could you describe how the wall shenanigans looked like from Darwin's POV? And is the hall blocked in that direction now, or just the door?

21 uses left.

Now, here's the thing. I assume you're staying quite far back, so as not to potentially get gassed. The curving and irregular shape of the hall means you cannot directly see Eclair from where you would be in order to stay a safe distance away. So I assume you didn't see anything. However, you heard the flamethrower and then silence. No sounds other than Eclair's breathing. No sound of walls forming or sounds from Eclair being sharply cut off.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 23, 2019, 03:14:15 pm »

Try to find a different large rock to add weight to the pulley so I don’t risk damaging a sculpture ingredient.

Continue to pull and pry the lid so I make more progress getting the lid open
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:52:55 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 23, 2019, 04:29:27 pm »

(I recommend that you pick up another river rock if you lose that one.)

Gather a number of the guns (Machine guns, sans triggers, with boxes of ammo) by having Benedict rip them out by destroying the wooden mounts around the guns.  Try for up to four good examples.

Try to remove and gather the shiny (gyroturbillon), if it's small enough to carry, and I can manage to pry it loose, or if Benedict can reach it before it gets dark.

If I can find a tight, metal container, (And ONLY if), do the following for the metal pellets.  Get a long stick, and attach some metal scrap to the end of it to make a crude cup-like assembly.  Then use that to fish out one of the metal pellets and put it into the tight metal container.  If there is no suitable thing to put the pellets in, leave them there, I don't want to get burned to death.

Fill remaining weight capacity with scrap.  Take a couple pieces of the odd black metal, and a couple pieces of steel.  Preferably disc-shaped, but it's not critical.

Then get ready to continue with the journey.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:29:10 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: June 23, 2019, 04:54:37 pm »

(I recommend, that you pick up another river rock if you lose that one.)

Gather a number of the guns (Machine guns, sans triggers, with boxes of ammo) by having Benedict rip them out by destroying the wooden mounts around the guns.  Try for up to four good examples.

Try to remove and gather the shiny (gyroturbillon), if it's small enough to carry, and I can manage to pry it loose, or if Benedict can reach it before it gets dark.

If I can find a tight, metal container, (And ONLY if), do the following for the metal pellets.  Get a long stick, and attach some metal scrap to the end of it to make a crude cup-like assembly.  Then use that to fish out one of the metal pellets and put it into the tight metal container.  If there is no suitable thing to put the pellets in, leave them there, I don't want to get burned to death.

Fill remaining weight capacity with scrap  Take a couple pieces of the odd black metal, and a couple pieces of steel.  Preferably disc-shaped, but it's not critical.

Then get ready to continue with the journey.

(I will just search for a different rock, the one I need for the sculpture has to be smooth, however the pulley rock doesn’t need to be. I will just find a different rock to use for the pulley. Thank you)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 23, 2019, 08:28:51 pm »

*am awaiting input from Magebreaker - intent is to follow him and potentially undergo testing*
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 24, 2019, 06:36:24 am »

Go up and check out the dig site or whatever it is at the center of the city - the place that is a hive of activity.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1678 on: June 24, 2019, 01:43:25 pm »

Stay in cover and fire back at the pirates with the rifle.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 25, 2019, 09:28:55 am »

Give ghetto gasmask another go. Try it a couple of times if it fails, if that’s allowed.

Estimate how much mana teleporting out of here would cost, assuming we teleport to the surface as close to this cave as possible (to minimize mana needed).

Then go take a look at that wall. How does the hallway look now? What happened to the rope?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 203