Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My epic first dragon encounter!  (Read 51095 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: My epic first dragon encounter!
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2009, 01:50:25 pm »

I don't remember him confirming material definitions for natural attacks beyond material breaths.

That would certainly be interesting.

Haha, yeah, I remembered that after I posted and posted a question about it.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 08:20:26 am »

So if I make a sponge monster with HFS frame, he will technically, not be so spongie in a fight?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 11:22:30 am »

LOL. This game is a simulation of real life. Why do you think dragons went extinct?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 11:41:31 am »

So if I make a sponge monster with HFS frame, he will technically, not be so spongie in a fight?

He'll have some extra backbone for sure.  I'm going to experiment with all manner of spongy creatures in the next version, especially a shroom man with plump helmet flesh and tower-cap bones.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 03:58:47 pm »

Are magma men already made out of pure magma, and ice men out of pure ice?  Of course, that means he'd start to "burn" if he leaves his glacier.

How about a creature which is made out of pigtail?  Might lose limbs quite easily.  And be highly flammable, of course.

Wait: for the most dwarven creature, we need one made of pure alcohol.  If you can make something out of magma, why not alcohol?  Equip them with fire balls and you have yourself some suicide bombers.

Jimmy T. Malice

• Bay Watcher
  • The severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 01:08:48 pm »

My first Forgotten Beast (which was made from water) killed about 16 dwarves with his deadly dust, then got snapped in two by one hit from a Macedwarf.

EDIT: Whoops, just realised this is a massive necro. I found this topic through a TV Tropes link...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:14:45 pm by Jimmy T. Malice »
Urist McDorf cancels Pull lever: not that bloody stupid

DwarfVsObsidianWall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2013, 01:19:35 am »

My first Forgotten Beast (which was made from water) killed about 16 dwarves with his deadly dust, then got snapped in two by one hit from a Macedwarf.

EDIT: Whoops, just realised this is a massive necro. I found this topic through a TV Tropes link...

Same here. Though a ratman killed it in five seconds.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »

Ahhh, I remember my first dragon attack...

The suspense as it came towards my fortress... My marks dwarves at the ready...

It got caught in a cage trap  ::)

yup same thing happened here!

im geting around to taming the bugger, on the plusn side my dwarves know a few facts about draghon taming....now i just need a lady dragon...

WAR DRAGONS YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID!!!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2014, 11:38:19 pm »

Is that what you say to the goblins?

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 03:16:29 am »

A roc visited my fort once. A random hunter shot a bolt through its heart before fleeing. The end.

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 11:18:48 am »

I find it sad, that dragons fall like wet tissue paper... while random Forgotten Beasts show up as iron humanoids that spray deadly webs, capable of massacring 5 champions, legendary in five different combat skills apiece.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 04:21:29 pm »

This thread is undead!
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »

I've only had Minotaurs come to my fortress. Two of them, in my entire career. I only fought one. He died, but caused a soldier to bleed to death on the field because no one would take him inside. This was before I figured out hospitals. I'm hoping to build a serious above-ground castle real soon. Maybe that'll spur some heavy combat.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:21 pm »

A roc visited my fort once. A random hunter shot a bolt through its heart before fleeing. The end.

When a Roc Visited my fortress, I had intended to capture it with my DEADLY HALLWAY OF CAGE TRAPS. When all my dwarves where sealed inside the fort, I assumed it would path to the hallway.
NO, it went inside my castle (because why not?) into a space that I thought was sealed, it moved down a z level DIAGONALLY into my food stockpile, spooking a cheese maker.
All in all, 12 dwarves dead, couple of animals, and 1 Roc. Only a [FLIER[ could have pulled this off.  >:(
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2014, 06:57:11 am »

EDIT: Just encountered my first dragon. It killed my militia quite quickly, then chased a cat for a while.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:16:21 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]