Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Long Tables  (Read 879 times)

Nostrolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Long Tables
« on: March 29, 2014, 09:01:55 pm »

What if you could have carpenters build large tables in the same way that bridges/etc are constructed? You would map out the size of it ahead of time (reasonable sizes like 3x3, 1x X, 2x X,etc) and the carpenters would bring the logs to the site and build it there. This way you could have grander looking dining halls) you could have every tile in the table function as an independent dining area, so crowds of dwarves would all sit at the same table. Could also do it with stone and metal and their respective practitioners as well. 

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Long Tables
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 09:17:17 pm »

I just put many tables together.. if your suspension of disbelief needs them as one object though,  in the future such things may be in the raws, although i expect you'd have to have separate objects named "1x1 table" "2x1 table" etc
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 10:16:51 pm »

I think it would be a nice addition if we can place multiple tables down at once, the same way we would resize bridges or walls, just for the sake of easier construction.
The enlarged table could then be viewed as a single entity, for the sake of easier deconstruction.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Nostrolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 12:58:04 am »

I currently just put a bunch of tables in a line, it serves fine, i just figure the long table idea would achieve the aesthetic effect that a bunch of single tables grouped together doesn't