Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1282972 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6285 on: July 01, 2016, 04:47:33 pm »

Several of Joker's goons were holding some doctors hostage, five in all wielding automatic weapons. After surveying the area from on high, I dropped one goon in an isolated corner of the room silently. The next I performed an hanging take-down, suspending him from the stone effigy I was sitting on. He drew the attentions of two of them while the third stayed in a corner. That one got taken out silently. The remaining two decided their buddy could just stay there. After taking a second to examine my options, I threw a Batarang at the furthest goon, and quickly pulled a silent take-down on the other. As the guy I hit with the Batarang was just getting up, I put him back down with a ground take-down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: July 01, 2016, 05:26:15 pm »

So I was stuck in a medium-high security prison. Plenty of guards, k9s and metal detectors everywhere. The doors were mostly electronically operated, just as icing on the cake. As such it was difficult to steal and hide anything for an escape attempt, so I putzed around a little bit, beating up furniture and/or people for points. And then I realized that you could just walk out of the place. :v

You see, while all of the doors were electronically operated, the creator of the prison never declared that the part of the prison where trucks and the like would come in was off-limits to prisoners. But once you got there you were stuck, since the guards were smart enough not to open any more doors for you... But the gates that allowed the trucks to come in were on timers. Very short timers that caused traffic to back up. Which meant that the last gate was stuck open, thanks to the traffic blocking it. Traffic which I would just walk past, through the open gate, and out to freedom.

Not the best-designed prison I've ever seen, honestly.

if all doors are remote doors just punch some power generators and laugh as guards can't go anywhere anymore, then burn down the entire prison.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: July 01, 2016, 06:18:18 pm »

Managed to get to Stage five packing four lives. Managed to get to Patchouli with only one life lost[Freaking gatlang petals]. Finally figured out how to dodge her lasers[Focus, follow laser and then go up and right a little bit to dodge her targetted bullets before the other laser hits] and only died once to them[Got cocky and tried to collect score tiles and the laser spawned right on me]. Lost another life to Emerald Megalith, because one bullet was hiding inside a larger bullet. Got to my nemesis, KNOIFE MAID and had yet another rematch. Halfway through a barrage, I had an epiphany: I don't need to dodge the knoifes, I need to dodge the shape that the knoifes are IN. The epiphany cost me a life, but I successfully finished the mid-boss fight[For the first time] and even got through the rest of Stage 5 unharmed[Although burning a few bombs]. Then I finally learned KNOIFE MAID's name and proceeded to challenge her to a duel to the death for her position of chief maid while badass music began playing. Her attacks[At least at first] weren't terribly difficult to evade. Its actually quite easy to weave around arrow lines while remaining inside knoife spokes. One spell sign, that summoned blue AND yellow knoifes in addition to red arrows, I had to Master Spark through. Turns out Master Spark is even MORE ridiculous then usual against Sakuya because of how it interacts with her time freezing. I struggled through that, expecting it to be her last hurrah. haha nope she still had more knoifes

i ran out of doges before she ran out of knoifes

But at least I got a new high score of over five million~! And learned valuable lessons for the future~!

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: July 02, 2016, 04:49:42 pm »

130ish BC. The world is split evenly between the 3 great Roman Houses and Egypt - all other once great tribes and nations have fallen by the acts of one of the 4 great powers. The Brutii rule over Eastern Europe and Near East. The Scipii Have North Africa, Italy and the Med islands and I, as the Julii, hold North, Central and West Europe. Egypt have the Middle East and Far East. The world has settled to a dull peace. Suddenly, without warning, The Scipii settlements all across the North African coast erupt into a Gladiator Uprising. Many thousands of elite gladiators take up arms and lay waste to their former masters. Ever the opportunist, I ship my own forces over the Med, landing in huge numbers from Tunis to the Nile. The Gladiators that survived the initial violent rebellion stand no chance against the masses of experienced and well equipped legions I land, and by 120 BC the uprising is put down in its entirety. As the dust settles, a count shows I hold an extra 20 provinces. The senate start kissing my ass, the Scipii think I have saved them from obliteration, and the plebain masses think I am a god. Not a bad decades work.

This is a blank sig.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: July 02, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »

Had one dwarf army with a generic lord (level 6) and a bunch of wounded stacks attacked by two stacks lead by Mannfred (level 10!) and a generic vampire (he died, so I can't look now). Only early-game units around, which meant that Mannfred was a killing machine. Lost a lot of men, but still a victory. Too bad his capital has a garrison with midgame units, or I'd take the opportunity to remove him from the game.

Total War:hammer
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: July 02, 2016, 07:10:53 pm »

Finally beat Dalamadur after getting a good team together. It's way easier when you have enough people to actually do a significant amound of damage. After beating him, I expected my HR to go to 8, but instead it shot way the hell up to 54 for some reason which is just amazing. I am happy.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: July 02, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »

I haven't gotten to G-Rank yet, but if that was the quest to do so that's why. Before G-Rank your HR is set, but you're still getting points for it even if you don't rank up. So when you *do* get to G-Rank, there's a level jump.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: July 03, 2016, 04:19:14 pm »

Got off to a bad start losing a life to a Stage 2 mook, but defeated the second boss Cir-no problem. X key stuck against Hong and I lost another life, but even the dreaded blitz windmill swarms didn't hurt me again. Patchouli pulled a Dr. Seuss and red-fish blue-fished me during a laser pass for another life, but even a master of all the elements ain't got nothing on Master Spark. I powered through their spell cards with bombs, basically. Even KNOIFE MAID wasn't too too bad, especially once I realized that her green knoifes were her altering the trajectory of previously placed knives and not spawning NEW knoifes. I ended up on Stage 6 with one life and one bomb. Stage 6 is apparently really short and the enemies are way weaker then the Stage 4 enemies. KNOIFE MAId showed up for a re-match[Third time's the charm] and surprised me by unleashing an absurd barrage of normal projectiles instead of using her signature bladed objects. That lost me a life, but I Master Sparked her into submission too and confronted her mistress. Remilia Scarlet, truth be told, is an adorable vampiric wimp. She disgorges large volleys of scarlet death, yes, but they're not very difficult to avoid. Somewhere in between Hong and Patchouli in difficulty. That said, I had no lives left and only two bombs. Plus my hands were shaking from a combination of stress, fatigue and excitement. I got hella slain. The own here is that I saw the final boss for the first time.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6293 on: July 03, 2016, 10:42:04 pm »

The Egyptians decided to camelcharge the gate to my city. I have 4 colosseums mass-producing gladiators right outside my gate. When I noticed the camel charge, I brought all my gladiators inside my walls and moved my multishot catapults right inside. As the camels attacked the colesseums and the gate, I opened the gate where the 2 catapults blasted holes in their formation and took a chunk out of all the enemy unit's HP. Did I mention gladiators are 'special spear infantry' which get more powerful vs injured opponents? Well, they are. And the camel riders, now thoroughly injured from the catapults, were obliterated. In addition I had archers sitting on the walls? My hero was full of stamina too, so I could have gone hero mode on the camels.

Rise and Fall, Civilisations at War.

Unfortunately, when I pushed forward to their base, they had swordsmen waiting for my gladiators and I had advanced with no artillery support. Plus they had naval supremacy so I had to fend off a trireme here or there.

I ALSO had to fight endgame scythe chariots from the Persians. Fun times.

After playing both games, I have decided thusly: Age of Empires is like Rise and Fall in the same way that a McDonalds is like a restaurant. 5000 unit cap compared to AoE's 250(?). Plus, catapult-spam is actually counterable in RaF, You can actually put units on walls and in towers (in AoE2 they can chill in the towers, but even if you add archers to them there's no effect. In RaF archers can climb ladders up to the top of a tower). There are three ships: galleys, biremes and triremes. You can board enemy ships with soldiers. RaF's such a better game and FREE, too.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:48:34 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: July 04, 2016, 06:30:00 am »

Turns out, Face Hunter works pretty well before rank 16  ??? who knew

Hearthstone

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: July 04, 2016, 06:39:28 am »

Wrecked the Nargacuga. Adept-style is seriously OP, and Adept Hammer is really fun.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6296 on: July 04, 2016, 07:07:29 am »

Taurus Demon is damned close to dead, but so am I. Got a touch greedy and got clobbered one extra. Flee backwards as fast as I can, chuck a throwing knife. Lethal. Nice! Turns out I was on 6 HP.

Killed the Taurus Demon first time that run. Pretty nice.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: July 04, 2016, 08:46:10 pm »

Using Akvasto in Warframe, dual revolvers with 6 shots each. Bullet-jumped over a group of Grineer, and managed to drop one with every bullet. Emptied both clips, and reloaded as I hit the ground. All of them were dead. It felt like something out of an action movie, where the protagonist guns through a heap of mooks with absurdly precise automatic fire, only with a western theme.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: July 06, 2016, 07:44:13 am »

Using Akvasto in Warframe, dual revolvers with 6 shots each. Bullet-jumped over a group of Grineer, and managed to drop one with every bullet. Emptied both clips, and reloaded as I hit the ground. All of them were dead. It felt like something out of an action movie, where the protagonist guns through a heap of mooks with absurdly precise automatic fire, only with a western theme.

As a Warframe player myself, I salute you.

In any case, I haven't the skill (or frame rate) conceivably do that.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6299 on: July 06, 2016, 07:50:36 am »

12 Grineer killed within what, 2 seconds? I salute thee
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 708