Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512595 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1245 on: January 03, 2014, 08:30:18 pm »

I have had only one flying dream. It wasn't free-roaming, just some flier-oriented mall-analogue, which was somewhat interesting. I've spent a few instants of lucidity on trying, which just resulted in normal jumps or "pretending to fly" at normal height, with my legs up, while actually running. In retrospect, I have absolutely no idea how that felt.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 04, 2014, 10:56:13 am »

Last relatively meaningful dream that I can remember was about me exploring a parallel timeline.
It was exciting right until I've decided to visit my parents, who didn't recognize me. Then I found out that my alternate self from this timeline died in infancy. I was rather disturbed by this revelation and woke up.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1247 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36:11 pm »

I think I found the dreamscape/verse where I was getting most of my artistic ideas again. The details of them are coming back like I had a serious case of amnesia for the past couple years. I think since I made a New Year's resolution more relevant to my personal creativity (and damn what people thought previously, I was having fun), as well as committing myself more to my career as a graphic designer, and maybe a few other *ahem* intoxicating influences being of some assistance, I am recalling everything I had in my sketchbooks since eons ago, and then some. I'm remembering things from before those books too, and how similar they were as well, to the point of being part of the same universe, or a branch of it. For reference, as I labeled them, the real world, our universe, the waking world, is the Prime Reality or 1st Nature, this other one is kinda like the Right Brain variant that is also smarter than it seems, basically a universe I assume our imagination connects to as a universe on it's own. Considering it's familiarity with people, as well as being able to explain it so easily due to said familiarity, I called it the 2nd Nature. And those branches that sometimes intersects with other branches or universes, I basically consider them Alter-Verses, where the influence of one universe is more prevalent than another, and the combination of them is stable enough to count as an individual universe as well; you could alternatively call it a schizo-verse as well considering how out-of-place pretty much everything is with one another (tons of anachronisms and dissonances).

Of course, now that these far more bizarre, and sometimes waking (as in still actively dreaming while I'm awake), dreams have returned out of the blue, a natural side-effect could be some looniness on my end on the more conscious side. But then again, having the awareness of it is it's own countermeasure. Nonetheless, it's nice to have my oddity return, crazier it may make me in the long-run. I accept it nonetheless, since it was fun as hell to use. In summary, I might be making random things again for mostly art's sake. Plus, figuring out how most of the stuff works that I get from my dreams is pretty fun as well. Now if I could translate them in a way that could make them work in our reality, then that would be awesome. Unfortunately, the laws of physics, and in cases of more plausible things, legal crap, especially with patent trolls and such, not to mention actually (re-)producing them is a bit of a hassle. Not to mention, some of the devices I got from my dreams (and illustrated in some of my books) outright rapes the laws of physics, or might as well be powered by magic (or at least spiritual energy) instead because it might be more efficient if ever possible. In one case, I used a series of sidearms that was like something out of Borderlands, and basically never needed a reload, and in some cases, spells could be cast on the bullets themselves, meaning I could shoot icicles filled with condensed fire (holding spell breaks on impact, letting off a cloud and a shockwave or pressure wave with a fireball coming out. Before you call them out as silly, they're basically percussive explosive rounds which can knock anything down, and dent things to hell and back, or in caves and tight quarters, bust a lot of eardrums. Not so useless or silly now, huh? If the icicle won't do you in, then maybe the explosion after it pierces something would. If you're a sack of flesh, you might not want to get hit by those.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:41:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 05, 2014, 08:30:49 pm »

-snippity-
That's because after you woke up, the planet was nuked by an SCP Foundation destroyer and your memory was erased by Foundation agents. Memetic infections are serious business.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 05, 2014, 08:39:37 pm »

Had a dream where I alienated myself from a bunch of B12ers and you all started shunning me. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 06, 2014, 12:21:46 am »

Had a dream nightmare where I alienated myself from a bunch of B12ers and you all started shunning me. ;_;

FTFY.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 06, 2014, 04:01:36 am »

The first part I can remember has me at a sailing camp that I have been to for the past two summers.   The last two times my partner was part of the royal family, and each time I had to kill them at the end because they turned into some kind of monster or something.   This time the last three surviving brothers were there.  One was obviously crazy, so I decided to break the pattern and be partners with the sane one who was some kind of computer savant.  Then for some reason we were at Hogwarts, discussing with Hagrid why killing Buckbeak was the right thing.   Then back to the sailing camp, where the crazy guy transforms into a large living battleship.  I get on one of the sailboats (Which are really, really small) and ram him, which somehow manages to blow up the ammo stores.   The royal family is for some reason thankful that I have killed three of them so far, and commissions me as an officer in a local tank column.  Jump to us advancing down a street. There are around ten or so identical houses on each side, each two stories with a lawn in front.   The tank column has four Leman Russ tanks, which are only equipped with modern weapons.   There are also a very large amount of infantry marching along the tanks.  We are ambushed, and I am in the back trying to deal with why the two tanks in the back aren't firing .  I solve this by adding seven more infantry to each of the tanks and then removing them.   Soon we kill all the enemies attacking us, and I get ready to start clearing all the houses.  After, of course, I did a inspection of how good the infantry was at doing drill, which I did by giving contradictory commands and seeing if they give the proper responses.  At this point I then woke up at three in the morning.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 07, 2014, 11:34:44 am »

I don't remember all of the details about my dream, but i know Yuno Gasai (see my avatar) was there, a seemingly corrupt sheriff from the southern U.S. was there, and an old Russian sniper from around WW2 was there and was a cool guy. There were others but i don't remember them. I also vaguely remember getting pulled over by the sheriff and later shooting targets with a handgun.

EDIT: Actually it's kind of like everything I've done recently got shoved together. Yuno would end up being bay12 since i haven't watched Mirai Nikki recently, the sheriff was from a game i watched a play through of on youtube that i forgot the name of but involved a sheriff in Texas being blackmailed, and lastly Russian sniper man was from Company of Heroes 2 which i got to play for the first time recently.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:41:40 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 07, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »

-snippity-
That's because after you woke up, the planet was nuked by an SCP Foundation destroyer and your memory was erased by Foundation agents. Memetic infections are serious business.
I was actually thinking to myself 'It sounds like something the SCP foundation would deal with' when I woke up.

I mean, get rid of the mutating aspect, and it could actually pass as one, really.
SPACE!Foundation seems like it would be a fun thing. I mean, it's like the Warhammer 40000 universe, only instead of xenos and heresy, it has SCPs and Snake's Hand, and whole planets get subjected to exterminatus because whoops, collateral damage.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 13, 2014, 08:48:41 am »

Dreamed I stayed up until 6:00 in the morning on a school day. So, I got practically no sleep. It was terrifying, I love my sleep.

Then I woke up and realized I was sleeping the whole time I thought I got no sleep. There was much rejoicing and going-back-to-sleeping.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 13, 2014, 10:40:28 am »

Dreamed I stayed up until 6:00 in the morning on a school day. So, I got practically no sleep. It was terrifying, I love my sleep.

Then I woke up and realized I was sleeping the whole time I thought I got no sleep. There was much rejoicing and going-back-to-sleeping.
Bloody duck. I actually stayed up until 6:00 today, and it was a school day, too. What were you doing in your dream?

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 13, 2014, 11:55:02 am »

It started with a cooking class that drove to a mental asylum, except the asylum was organized like a gradeschool with 2 grades per room.  and then there were videogame consoles in every room.

one of them was for a sonic game. it had an extra option where it would create a new sonic character based upon the stats of a dwarf from dwarf fortress.  but to use that, you first had to upload a save to the correct place, which I hadn't done.

I got woken up after the asylum revealed the biggest McDonalds playground+laser tag combo in history. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 13, 2014, 12:10:58 pm »

CONTEXT: I had finished writing and played some FONV before turning in.

I am in a desert, a duster covering me, a revolver on my side. I walk forward, wary of what could be ahead. I see something in the horizon, not a humanoid however the shape of the body looked familiar. I begin to run towards it, as I get closer it just moved further and further from me before simply vanishing, only to appear behind me. It was an eyebot, however anything past this is cloudy so I'm going to stop here.

Enjoy my dream :P

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 13, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »

Dreamt Firefly kept going. Then I woke up.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 13, 2014, 01:57:33 pm »

Dreamt that I bought some Soylent, and it gave me super strength and speed. Dafuq?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 339