Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 510985 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4710 on: July 16, 2021, 09:55:12 am »

I had a horrible nightmare about haunted house, things sliding off their places, scary baby coming out of nowhere, those kinds of things, woke up midnight screaming for a few seconds before realizing that it was all a dream.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: July 16, 2021, 12:58:04 pm »

I had a horrible nightmare about haunted house, things sliding off their places, scary baby coming out of nowhere, those kinds of things, woke up midnight screaming for a few seconds before realizing that it was all a dream.
look on the bright side, you didn’t have to deal with mimics
Dream I had last night involved finding an old computer with various games, the Internet, and a Zoi Boy, which was apparently a system similar to the GameBoy that I might have had in other dreams in the past

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: July 16, 2021, 01:14:51 pm »

I had a dream that was a mix of Star Wars (A New Hope) and Molang.

The death star was destroyed by an army of Pew Pew clones.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: July 16, 2021, 01:16:27 pm »

I wonder, if we ever make a device that allows people to see other peoples’ dreams, would it then be possible to make a VR system that allows people to dreamhop? And in the process maybe connecting all dreams into a larger dream world?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: July 17, 2021, 11:17:33 am »

^Daydream? If it happens, I hope they let us set passwords on our dreams. :/

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: July 17, 2021, 01:06:28 pm »

A dream I had last night involved a cartoon where the MC talked to a magic pillar that contained memories from…the dead, I think? It was in the same drawing style as Teen Titans Go

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: July 18, 2021, 12:14:10 pm »

I was at a lakefront with family and got to play with some wild seal-like creatures.  They were very wide and smooth, and slid up to us curiously.  One slid over my foot and it was like a cool wave, a lot like a snake's movement and not nearly as heavy as it should have been. 

They liked headpats!  They also had four eyes, which wasn't clear until they were grinning up at me for more headpats.  A small "third eye" and then an even smaller one where their nose would have been.  It was kinda remarkable but still adorable.

I also got some freelance coding work from an older cousin, whose family was in a... small spiritual group (definitely wouldn't call it a cult, nooo).  I think it was called Mixology, but it was about water-based computing using divine code.  The reference book was a truly interesting mess of prose and soft rules.  It didn't seem to be a precise programming language, yet the feeling I got was that it could actually work.  With a lot of open-mindedness and tinkering, and probably some managed expectations.  The "machine" itself was a stack of plastic and wooden boxes, about the size of a very tall person, with translucent rubber tubings running along the exteriors.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4717 on: July 18, 2021, 03:10:51 pm »

There was me, and two others guarding me. One was a man, the other was a woman, both were slightly taller than me but of equal builds. Both were called Olmec; I've never known anyone called Olmec, nor read or seen anything of the sort. The three of us were all dressed in very strange garb, the kind of stuff you might wear if you lived in the jungles of Borneo 3,500 years ago. The heat was sweltering, the air humid, the plants and sun definitely all corroborated my fashion.

I knew those two were guarding me because I was just aware and simply knew that I was in danger and this was confirmed by the arrival of some government bureaucrats chasing me down with suitcases and guns in hand. It was a very bizarre comparison between them and us. They were not handling the heat well in suit and tie. The Olmecs and I also looked all the same, whereas the bureaucrats were drawn from such a wide array of peoples that I could not tell what organisation sent them or what origin they were from. Their purpose was alien to me too; they said nothing besides a constant menacing advance.

Just as I instinctively knew Olmec and Olmec were my allies and the men in black and blue were not to be trusted, I also knew my purpose. My purpose in this dream was to be an aspiring soothsayer in service to a god I myself do not know, but in this dream I did. This god was the epitome of meekness and humility, and expected their soothsayers to be so too. Hence I could not resist the bureaucrats, but was reliant on the Olmecs for what I presume was technically permissable pacifism? I did not concern myself with the philosophical concundrums of what this meant, but instead steeled myself to make it to the temple with my conviction steeled, meekness unroused by action and my humility unsullied by pride. This god was not something I could see, but was something omnipresent - as if I had a distinct awareness that everything was a great blind amphibian thing constructed by tiny amphibian things. That a blind amphibian could see the future when it could not see the present made perfect sense to me in the dream; now that I am awake, I wonder why.

The Olmecs were stalwart guardians and helped me evade helicopter, car and receipt issuer. Our journey became easier as we ascended a mountainous slope which had many paths, through which we severed our trail from our pursuers. We descended rapidly down a strange spiral staircase deep in the mountain - no one seemed surprised that the spiral staircase opened into the skies above, defying all normal logic that to descend should not mean to descend above. At the bottom of the sky we found the temple. It was a large temple, though smaller than a cathedral, constructed from a grey ashlar I could not recognise. Rings of squares with many stairs led to the top of the temple; once more descending somehow brought me higher.

At the temple entrance the guards recognised us and bid us in; we had to be the ones they were looking for, because if we were not, we could not have found this place. Within, priests and attendants fed and gave water to Olmec and Olmec, whilst they watched me leave them in silence to an inner atrium. There one priest judged me as I chanted in my head "meek and timid", the priest echoing my thoughts as I realised with certainty that to be anything but meek and timid would be to guarantee certain death from our god's judgement. The priest was dire but understanding, reminding me that I did not have to do this, and that it was unusual for one so young to attempt this trial at all. I dared not look them in the eye and say no, because to respond at all directly to even the meekest of polite cautions would be anything but the meekest timidness.

Seemingly understanding my resolve, they gave way to allow me passage to the place where the ceremony would begin, and god would divine the future. There I sat and meditated whilst all around me many venomous snakes, centipedes, scorpions and beetles collected. Writhing, squirming and slithering, with my eyes shut I could visualise them everywhere. Yet only the one possessed by god would meekly allow me to kill it and divine the future. All others would at the first touch retaliate and kill me. My eyes never opened in the blindness could see as they did; and one shining snake, red, black and white stuck out to me. I reached for it and with the dagger beheaded it with one swoop.

Praying, I opened my eyes, shocked to discover that I had decapitated no mere snake. Instead what greeted me was a severed head, human but for many snakes on her head and a snakelike body. At once many questions fired through me piled one above the other. Had this been a person? Why were they part man and part snake? Why did they offer their head blindly and why did my hand cut so blindly? My doubts were not yet felt by the dangerous creatures still watching me but if I allowed my composure to deteriorate I would surely perish, and the temple watching on motioned me to continue. Prepared to divine from sacrificing a snake, I was not prepare to divine from sacrificing a snake-man. With hesitance overcome and self-disgust bypassed I opened up the upperbody from the back, removing the lungs, spine and other organs in that order. Bloody rivulets ran through channels carved into the temple floor, from which the creatures drank and feasted. This cleared a path for the old priest to check if my augury was correct. Then, checking I was correct, checking I was ok. These two things confirmed we left, the body left to the many servants of god.

The priest said how the augury revealed many people, telling Olmec and Olmec that they were the first two found, and it was no accident then that they were assigned to guard me, and in doing so bring them to the place of their revealing. They also chided them for not looking after their health better, as the augury revealed they were needed in the times to come, and their loss would be devastating. Rather sadly, the temple soothsayers all concurred that the augury said nothing about them, and this meant in all likelihood that their service would come to an end. I suggested that just because nothing was said about them does not mean they were doomed; but they said it wasn't at all bad news, it was just inevitable. They suggested I be grateful and look after Olmec and Olmec, who now seemed very confused that they were now to be protected by the one they thought they were to protect. We set out to ascend down from the temple to the mountain top when I woke up.

In the afternoon of that day from when I awoke, I called my mother who spoke to my sister over the phone. We spoke of many inconsequential developments in life, but one of the things that struck me was she said that night my sister had a terrible dream which disturbed her sleep greatly. In this dream she sat in a beautiful garden covered in white flowers, but a dark and large spider emerged, devouring each flower one by one. The spider then attacked her, taking off her head and removing her spine.

The other dream I had that night was one of the recurring dreams I've had a few times over the years, where I'm standing around my old haunts in the city centre when everything gets overrun by zombies/demons/whatever horrible horde. This time it was a horrible horde of ratmen, which immediately broke my immersion and caused me to realise I was dreaming. So instead of running from all the mortal threats I just *poofed* away from danger, consciously retconned danger and messed around, trying to summon super mega ultra chicken or jumping from fifth-floor stairwells just for funsies. Then jumping back up from the ground floor.

Three other dreams about searching for water but there was nothing else to those dreams.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: July 18, 2021, 05:26:48 pm »

This one was very, very strange.

I like and play video games alot. I also love web surfing. So these, and therefore virtual realm has a large part on what I see when I dream.

I was playing Minecraft, but more like I was in it. I could see the inventory, the health, hunger and experience bars, yet my entire vision was the game. No screen outline in sight. First thing that caught my attention was that the sky was a little too purple and the sun was very small. I was off-put, yet curious.

I was wearing full iron armor, and carrying an entire set of iron tools. There was some steak, and a boat.

I was in an highly unusual flower forest biome, one that had a coast onto a seemingly infinite sea. It was somehow dimlit, yet still sufficently bright.

I approached the sea, and tried to see the bottom. I couldn't. The depth increase was very sharp, and my line of sight dissapered into a black void. ''Not normal.'', I thought, or maybe said out loud, I am not sure.

I put the boat down, then started to sail into the abyssal sea, and soon lost the sight of land. I sailed, and sailed, not seeing a single island, with the black gloomy and watery abyss under me...

...Until I grew bored. At this point the day was a starless, cloudless night with two giant moons, one bigger and blue, and one smaller and orange. The night was awash with pure white light.

I decided to just continue until I found something. That didn't took long...

A truly ginormous, swiss cheese mess of crude cobblestone and mossy stone towers and bridges that together formed an amalgamated tower. Innumerable of players roaming about on its insides. It far exceeded the height limit by a few thousand blocks and was a couple hundred blocks thick, thats for sure. It also extended downward into the sea, dissapering inside the void below.

I quickly moved under one of the larger bridges and stood there until they all slept to enter. (which doesn't makes any sense in-game.)

I could've stealthly entered the place, but, well, I just broke into it by digging two blocks. It was even more decrepid inside. Erractic and intersecting but always straight corridors, abundant straight, levelled or spiral stairways, tight intersections, small doorless rooms filled with mostly empty chests, broken walls, various broken or intact open or tube bridges, you name it. 

I saw giant spacious and pitch black rooms with brown and red mushrooms growing on the floor. Mushroom farms.

I saw that all the space under the sea surface has been flooded, and mostly mined, possibly to recycle the stone. I didn't saw any cobblestone generators.

I did see a few oak tree and various crop farms on large bridges or towertops, tight chicken coops and a ton of monster grinders.

Yet I saw no metal at all. Not in the chests, or in the barrels. Only stone tools. They probably didn't have any access to metals and used whatever they could harvest from mobs, such as dropped iron ingots metal equipment or other drops.

This was a fallen society that was once surely much more advanced, maybe even more numerous.

Then the morning came and they started to wake up. I jumped from a bridge into the sea to not get caught.

The dream ended as soon as I touched the water.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: July 18, 2021, 06:20:12 pm »

That was an interesting dream. Also, I never heard the term leveled stairs before, though I have seen and climbed them IRL. I’ve been wondering this because I love the underwater biome, the corals, the many fish, the sea pickles…the good news is doors apparently block water even when opened, so I think the trick would be to build the house near the coast, put the door down, then mine the front blocks to let the water through, then use a bucket to put ocean water on the roof, sorry for the tangent, your dream made me think about that. I had Minecraft dreams too sometimes, though they are short lived since I die a lot, I’m bad at surviving in real Minecraft too unless I find a cave and am able to make torches, I for some reason find it easier to survive underground, probably because I don’t have to deal with phantoms underground

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: July 19, 2021, 01:14:33 am »

Been on a 4 day vacation to visit my grandmother for her birthday. 3 days of booze, big meals, hotel rooms and little else.

Crashed out today because the last meal didn’t sit well with me and sleep was pretty much the only escape I had.

So I took about a 2 hour nap and had really intense dreams.

Won’t document the dreams as that’s not really the interesting part.

What’s interesting was the setting: a house I have dreamt of many times. It’s been the setting that for many different dreams in my life time. There’s nothing particularly special about it. The layout might be considered unique, but it strikes me as an average mid-century home. But I recognized its features immediately. I have a lot of recurring settings in my dreams and I find that a fascinating mystery.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 01:18:13 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: July 19, 2021, 03:31:22 am »

trying to summon super mega ultra chicken
It is forbidden!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4722 on: July 21, 2021, 05:56:29 am »

trying to summon super mega ultra chicken
It is forbidden!
It would've succeeded if only I had more card games on motorcycles

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: August 10, 2021, 04:27:05 am »

I dreamed I was hanging out with my dad and his friends, but we all went outside because of covid or whatever.  And apparently he lived right outside an urban park, and we rested against a tree.

Except I was handed a pistol, and had a second one in my pocket.  I'm not sure why - just in case?  I want to handle guns IRL but I don't really - and then there was a gunshot.

And one of my dad's friends quickly handed me a third pistol, before the police arrived on the scene and demanded that all weapons be presented up in the air.  All arms, I guess.  Well, I held the two guns up in the air, pointing up - I was innocent.  And the weapons were taken and I was taken to the station. 

A guy and gal cop, who detested me.  Apparently someone had been shot.  They thought I did it accidentally - *I* thought I did it accidentally.  I apologized, I was fully honest.  Then sheepishly mentioned that I ought to have a lawyer.  But they just stared at me and told me that their friend was in the ICU thanks to me, and might not even live.  And that I'd already given them more than enough.  Which I had.

Don't talk to cops without your lawyer.  They will lie to you because they think they're furthering justice.  Even if you're innocent, don't speak to them without counsel.

Because, thing is, I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally shoot their friend.  I was just in the right place at the right time.

also, I had that third gun in my pocket that whole time, because bureaucrats are ironicallly terrible at procedure.  I was looking for opportunities to ditch it - not to use it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: August 10, 2021, 12:18:10 pm »

I keep having dreams about dodder vines growing on me and controlling me, using my brain to think, we could both think, I would teach them how muscles worked so they didn’t kill me accidentally, movement is useful they say, they’d take control of people who tried killing me as well. Due to the fact the vines were connected and how their thought borrowing worked, a side effect of them using our brains were that sometimes memories were shared betwwwn the various bodies, the vines referred to me as the primary host or mother seed, apparently I planted a dodder vine seed on my shoulder to find out whether a dodder vine could even grow in an animal, either that or they made that memory, am still not sure, there was a cad mage who affected 4 of the plant’s bodies, one of them was the heart mage, a healer, one was a diamond mage, an diamond armor maker, the. There were spades and clubs, those two would spawn the respective weapons. Eventually someone killed the card mage, causing the 4 bodies to lose their magic, the dream was very weird
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 339