Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 84

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 61751 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1185 on: May 07, 2024, 04:38:19 am »

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Sawatari, but I don't have any intel you don't already have, probably."
Mamiya sighs.
"My regular sources know as much as you do, probably. That the Helper's Club keeps getting seen near Kaijin incidents, that Kazami Tsukasa and Mishima Kanade are involved too, and maybe a few others, but not how, and not why."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1186 on: May 07, 2024, 05:43:34 am »

"I could say the same to you." Her tone was guarded, but not hostile. Shiro glanced around, checking for eavesdroppers. "It's unusual for you to miss a day. If you'll pardon my French, you look like shit, and in a familiar way." Despite herself, she didn't make the statement sound like a deliberate insult.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 07, 2024, 06:22:44 am »

"I had a rendezvous with an eighteen-wheeler. You might have seen it on YouTube at some point."
Kanade sighs.
"As such, my father asked me to rest a few days. After he dragged me to a hospital. Or, well, his employees did."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1188 on: May 07, 2024, 11:43:49 am »

Shiro winced.
"I must have missed that part yesterday. I'm surprised you're up and moving, even considering. . . all the factors."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 07, 2024, 12:30:05 pm »

"I forgot something here, and I had to sneak out. Even so, I'll be fine in a day or so. The thing about our bodies...they're quite tough."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 07, 2024, 01:13:32 pm »

"Ughhh..." Mori groaned, "You know, sometimes I forget that the price of being the best there is at information gathering is that if I don't know something, there's little to no shot anyone knows it but the source. Suppose I'll have to interrogate Kasuga and his little friends then."

"As for the two of us..." his face curved into his standard smile, "let's say... keep me posted on anything new you learn, never know when one of your sources might turn out to be little bird I need, and... how about two undisclosed favors I can cash in later. How does that sound?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1191 on: May 07, 2024, 03:06:49 pm »

"Shit, I must've gotten hit harder than I thought. . ." She muses aloud, mask slipping slightly as she recalls what she'd been doing the last time they spoke. Upon realizing she's in polite company, Shiro clears her throat. "Did your father actually check on you, or just send his people?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 07, 2024, 03:40:57 pm »

"Oh, that's a whole lot you're asking for, Sawatari."
Mamiya taps her chin.
"Okay. I'll bite. However, you're good for information and one favour. For that second one, you owe me a new favour."

Kanade snorts.
"No. My father's somewhere in Guam promoting the company's business. He did video call me, but he couldn't even spare five minutes."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 07, 2024, 03:56:22 pm »

"One favor it is then. If I feel the need for another, or you have something else you need from me, I believe we both know how to get word to each other."

"With that, I believe our business is concluded, unless you have anything else need of me?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1194 on: May 07, 2024, 07:32:06 pm »

"I supppse it can't be helped if he's across the world, but even Father would have come running if he heard I'd been hit by a truck." She half sighed, half growled as she realized the current course of the conversation. "It was easier when I exclusively resented your existence, you know."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 07, 2024, 08:07:16 pm »

"Not unless you're telling me what kind of...arrangement you've got going with Kanade."

Mamiya pauses.

"...I will say this much, before you go. I've noticed things. Kasuga...he's a good guy, but he's going somewhere dark. I don't know what it is that's happening with him, but I'd prefer he stay out of that. And don't trust Sugiura. I don't like the vibe about him."

"I'm getting that one a lot recently. Honestly, it's a little distressing how many people resent me because I happen to be a Mishima."
Kanade says with an air of resignation.
"As in show business, as in life. You just learn to grin, bear it, hopefully prove your naysayers wrong about you. It's worked so far."
"Kazami and Majima...those two let me feel like I didn't have to care about that when I was with them. I sense you've found people like that. People who'll let you forget the burden of your heritage, if only for a second."
"If I'm right...you should hold on to them tight, Akari."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 08:09:31 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 08, 2024, 12:16:37 am »

Mildred didn't often drop by Akihiko's house - they usually met out in town somewhere or he'd swing by her dad's garage if he needed to see her - but this was one of those rare instances she felt the need to do so. She parked her motorcycle on the sidewalk outside his front gate, kicked the kickstand down, killed the engine, and pocketed the keys slowly to kill a little time while she thought. She wasn't much of a thinker; anyone who knew her at all knew that while she wasn't stupid, she was just extremely impulsive, so taking the time to reflect was unusual.

After a few moments she knocked on his front door rather than use the doorbell and took a few steps back to yell at the windows.

"Oi! Kasuga! You home?!"

She stepped forward and knocked again, a little louder.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 08, 2024, 08:27:41 am »

After an awkwardly long time standing outside, waiting for Akihiko to come out, Akihiko emerges from the door.

Judging from his eyebags, it looks like he hasn't slept for a while.
"...Honda. I...didn't expect you."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1198 on: May 08, 2024, 09:09:31 am »

"The Mishimas have changed a lot in this town. Many people didn't want those things to change. As heirs, we don't have a choice about what we represent to people." Her mouth twists a bit as she decides how she wants to express her next thought. "I don't like the Mishimas, but I have no reason to feel any ire at any specific Mishima. Except for possibly the current patriarch." She nods, as if satisfied at the level of tsun she'd achieved. "And don't worry, I keep the boys close. If anything happens to 'em, there'll be hell to pay."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 08, 2024, 09:52:10 am »

"Kasuga..." Mori suddenly seemed much more... solemn, as he flashed back to the events of the domain, "I've... noticed it too. But... I'm not sure what I can really do. We're not friends, the most we really interact is working together on things like setting up the play. Beyond that, I'm not exactly the kind of guy people come to to discuss their deep dark secrets, or what's bothering them. I can watch over him, but actually keeping him on the straight and narrow? I think you'd need Akitsuki or Honda for that, someone he'd be willing to really talk to."

"Sugiura though... that's much more something I think I can manage." he mentally ran through everything he knew about the blue-haired student "At first I just thought he was an attention seeker, but every time I interact with him, he just seems more and more... off. There's so little information on him, it comes off less like he's a private person, and much more like the information has been intentionally wiped clean, or just doesn't exist... Whatever's going on with him, there's something that someone doesn't want us to know. You should ask Mishima and Kazami to be careful of him as well, the three of you have a better chance of finding something out than I do, given how rarely he's seen outside of school, but I'll do what digging I can. I'll report to you what I can find out if you'll do the same."

"With all that in order... a pleasure doing business with you, as always."

Mori headed out to leave. He needed to talk to someone who had a bit more experience with kaijin matters than he did... and he needed to close that gap as quickly as he could. His narrative sense told him that things were about to start getting worse...

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 84