Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 36042 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

Is it safe to assume that there's not many wild animals?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile

how come the data and raw folders appear empty to me all of a sudden?
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the.

Guys.
What.

Why is it empty.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, somebody hit Download and get the most recent version, I have been keeping backups on Github for exactly this reason afterall.

:P

tonnot98, I'm just going to ask this once: Did you just mistakenly ctrl-x the drive while trying to install the mod? Mistakes happen, but if I don't hear a reasonable explanation on why this happened soon I've got no choice but to ban you from the Google Drive folder to preserve this project.

Edit 2: Files are back. if you find a file called Desktop.ini, be kind enough to delete it, as they are redundant.

If anyone can tell me how to exclude those when uploading to github, that would be fantastic
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:22:20 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2014, 07:22:21 am »

This is interesting.
PTW, and I will play adventure mode.
If it still works.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:26:07 am by 94dima94 »
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

Well, somebody hit Download and get the most recent version, I have been keeping backups on Github for exactly this reason afterall.

:P

tonnot98, I'm just going to ask this once: Did you just mistakenly ctrl-x the drive while trying to install the mod? Mistakes happen, but if I don't hear a reasonable explanation on why this happened soon I've got no choice but to ban you from the Google Drive folder to preserve this project.

Edit 2: Files are back. if you find a file called Desktop.ini, be kind enough to delete it, as they are redundant.

If anyone can tell me how to exclude those when uploading to github, that would be fantastic
I didn't ctrl anything, I spent 5 minutes looking for a download button, made my own google drive, and then just quit after not being able to find any button.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »

there's a 1 click download version for players, just scroll down from the first post

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2014, 11:16:36 am »

Can someone please explain what to do with the Fantasy part of the files once you've downloaded them? I did and placed them in my raws, data, etc. as appropriate, but when I opened the arena, it kept crashing once it started dealing with the tissues. I've also noticed that no one has added gaits for the creatures yet.

PS: There's a typo in the description for the awakened. "Addapt" should be "adapt".
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2014, 11:37:17 am »

Can someone please explain what to do with the Fantasy part of the files once you've downloaded them? I did and placed them in my raws, data, etc. as appropriate, but when I opened the arena, it kept crashing once it started dealing with the tissues. I've also noticed that no one has added gaits for the creatures yet.

PS: There's a typo in the description for the awakened. "Addapt" should be "adapt".
Did you delete the old stuff? If you didn't that's the case, otherwise idk.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:27 pm »

It's the latter. After several errors, I had to move the index file and some of the other stuff in the data folder (such as the init.) back into it. I think the missing tokens are what's causing the problems, to be honest, because, after having done the above, I managed to get the sci-fi version working normally. Although normal is subjective when a squad of ten or so moles with pulse guns and ammo can't take down a crystal blob :P.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2014, 06:14:20 pm »

Oh, yeah.
Fantasy is several versions old.
Sci-fi has one rule: CHIRP RACE IS DA MASTERRACE

Don't forget. It could be vital.

...But seriously, Sci-fi has some fucked up tissues.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2014, 02:15:37 am »

has anyone tested scifi with the new version to see how wrong it is?

fuck it, strap me in, this is about to get rocky :D

damn... incompatible with new version because certain raws are missing, Halfling, we need more filler raws (cuz i'm too lazy to figure this out right now)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:22:05 am by Megaman_zx »

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2014, 08:58:46 am »

Woah, this is awesome!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2014, 02:05:34 pm »

Halfling's not around anymore.

Ugh, the new emotion thing requires significant reworking of most sapient creatures.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2014, 05:41:48 am »

What sort of raw tags are used in the new emotion system? I looked at the wiki, but I couldn't find any information about it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18