Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651697 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:38 pm »

I love Zoroark, man.  Anybody can play the numbers game of Battle Poking Men, but Zoroark is something most people can't seem to handle, he just puts too much wine in front of you.  I think I've only been caught out once, and it wasn't a hard counter so no big, I didn't even die.

I also have choice specs and trick on mine so he can deal with those obnoxious late game stallers like Spike/Roost/Whirlwind skarmory.

Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2013, 08:14:44 pm »

I love choice+trick. If I had more choice items then I'd definitely get that combo on my team.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:34 pm »

You guys need to play the battle simulators.  I have everything for free.

Speaking of which, I know you hate Weavile, so you'll be glad to hear I just had a guy's Weavile use Beat up on my Justified Lucario.

gg
Shoes...

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:45 pm »

Who else hates Pokemon X and Y? I know nothing but the trailer and the starter Pokemon have been released but in the trailer the gameplay looks so weird, Pokemon is not about graphics at all but once Nintendo tries so hard to get good graphics (makes 3D and stuff) they fail so hard, the character is taller than the whole terrain, and the character's head looks like a circle with no dips and bumps at all. And even though the character is very tall, it is also very short (I don't know how.), also, I analyzed the trailer a little bit and it seems that you can only move north west east and south, no northwest or anything, I don't know how that works in a 3D game, one more thing, the character's eyes look very creepy.

Now, the starter pokemon, Chespin is just a beaver with a hat, how original. Fennekin is just a fennec fox and Froakie is just a frog. Also, why on Earth is the name after letters? It's going to be like this:

- Pokemon X and Y
- Pokemon Z
- Now I know my ABC's.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2013, 10:01:38 pm »

It's believed the names are letters in order to refer to the axis of a 3d coordinate model.

Also I have absolutely no problem with gen 6 so far
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »

Who else hates Pokemon X and Y? I know nothing but the trailer and the starter Pokemon have been released but in the trailer the gameplay looks so weird, Pokemon is not about graphics at all but once Nintendo tries so hard to get good graphics (makes 3D and stuff) they fail so hard, the character is taller than the whole terrain, and the character's head looks like a circle with no dips and bumps at all. And even though the character is very tall, it is also very short (I don't know how.), also, I analyzed the trailer a little bit and it seems that you can only move north west east and south, no northwest or anything, I don't know how that works in a 3D game, one more thing, the character's eyes look very creepy.

Now, the starter pokemon, Chespin is just a beaver with a hat, how original. Fennekin is just a fennec fox and Froakie is just a frog. Also, why on Earth is the name after letters? It's going to be like this:

- Pokemon X and Y
- Pokemon Z
- Now I know my ABC's.

Squirtle is just a turtle.  RBY for worst games in history.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:13 pm »

The awesome thing about the 3D pokemon games is the 3D part. The giant pokemons are giant, the small ones are small, and you get nifty new animations for all of the moves you'd previously only seen in 2d sprite form. But they're all battle. If you get bored of battle (and don't have any new pokemon to do it with), theres no point to them anymore (except for the Stadium games, which had minigames, and XD/Darkness, which had a story to finish).

The mainline Pokemon games have plenty to do, you have the running (or flying or surfing), and random probably not terribly great sidegame to replace the contest/pokeathlon/musical, and the gyms, and an evil team who is probably not a slightly more/less competent team rocket in disguise, and some other things. If you add the 3D to it on the 3DS which has a better capabilities (somewhat), you get a pretty decent compromise.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:53 pm »

Speaking of which, I know you hate Weavile, so you'll be glad to hear I just had a guy's Weavile use Beat up on my Justified Lucario.

gg
What the hell was he expecting?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:28 pm »

In his defense it was a switch-in, but still, lel.
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:54 pm »

- Pokemon X and Y
- Pokemon Z
- Now I know my ABC's.

Squirtle is just a turtle.  RBY for worst games in history.
Seriously, I'm not sure where people are getting the 'running out of ideas' vibe from the new Pokemon designs. Remember Rattata? Voltorb? Magikarp? They're just a rat, a Pokeball, and a carp. Not even with hats! Every generation has its failures and boring designs. Every generation has its standouts.

As for the character being taller than the terrain, that's always been the case. Look at the ledges in previous games and tell me they're not waist-high cliffs. That's what they look like to me. The giant spheroid head? Welcome to stylization. It's been around since RBY. There's no main character in any main series game that's had a realistically proportioned sprite.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:09 am »

Ugh, man.  That free +6 Lucario is basically the only good thing that's happened to me playing Pokemon in fucking days.  For a while I was winning almost every game, then suddenly I can't do anything.  Nothing hits, Hidden Power is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, why have a tight rock-paper-scissors balance if half the rocks have a pair of scissors in their pocket?  Also nothing hits.  I think I've had like two misses in my favor in the past week.  If I can't afford to miss, I miss.  If I bring moves that don't miss, I don't get the OHKO and die anyway.
Shoes...

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:20 am »

My first Pokemon game was Ruby, and yes, it was a circle head, but since it wasn't 3D, it didn't bother me, the graphics were actually better, but now in X and Y it looks like one giant pixel.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2013, 10:09:13 am »

It's believed the names are letters in order to refer to the axis of a 3d coordinate model.

Also I have absolutely no problem with gen 6 so far

Look at the Japanese logos for X and Y.  See the double helix?  Think X and Y chromosomes. 

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:19 am »

I really think the whole 3D + weird angles thing distorts the look of the game a lot, but at least the battles look decent. The Pokémon models are surprisingly well-done and look much better than sprites.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2013, 10:56:34 am »

I really think the whole 3D + weird angles thing distorts the look of the game a lot, but at least the battles look decent. The Pokémon models are surprisingly well-done and look much better than sprites.

No. Are you serious? I didn't mention how horrible the battles look like, if you look closely at when Fennekin does that fire move, the fire isn't actually coming out of its mouth, it's coming out of its chest, the models are very ugly.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 463