Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651192 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1800 on: November 04, 2013, 12:10:55 pm »

There are also moves which move in priority regardless of what your speed is.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: November 04, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »

Like Quick Attack or its Beefier cousin Mach Punch

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: November 04, 2013, 12:20:47 pm »

Like Quick Attack or its Beefier cousin Mach Punch

Aqua jet, too, and Extremespeed.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: November 04, 2013, 12:46:58 pm »

GTS: You know what would make it MUCH more bearable? The ability to add a "only show pokemons you have what they are seeking" filter.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 04, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »

GTS: You know what would make it MUCH more bearable? The ability to add a "only show pokemons you have what they are seeking" filter.
There is.  One of the buttons at the bottom leads to a couple of filter options.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: November 04, 2013, 01:39:10 pm »

Trying to level Pokemon I just want to get rid of after evolving them, however there is one problem..
No matter how many hearts it has, Woobat simply refuses to evolve.
What am I doing wrong here?

I know what I am doing wrong now.. Pokemon happiness is not affected via Pokemon Amie.
Really, I should have known that..

Easiest happiness solutions in the game currently are;

- minimal effort version: Befriending O-Power, ride around on bike with 6 Pokémon who evolve via happiness
- more effort version: Befriending O-Power, stuff Pokémon full of the stat-reducing berries (as they increase happiness too, and an untrained Pokémon will have no EVs to remove anyway)
- even more effort version: drag them through a Rotation Battle at Restaurant Le Wow as the second and third party members, they will gain levels and battle usage which both add to happiness

Unfortunately there's no Happiness checker app in the game this time so you'll either have to guess when they're happy enough or take them to the Happiness checker, who is probably definitely in the Pokémon Fan Club (in Laverre City).

On the subject of pain-in-the-rear evolutions, I've been considering Malamar as my next Pokémon to send out over WT (just because I wanted to nickname a bunch of them Cthulhu and send them out), but it is quite an interesting one to evolve. Particularly since I don't know exactly when to hold the 3ds upside-down, so I ended up doing half of the Le Wow Rotation Battles upside down. It's weird seeing Earthquake the wrong way up, seriously.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: November 04, 2013, 02:18:08 pm »

I've been considering Malamar as my next Pokémon to send out over WT (just because I wanted to nickname a bunch of them Cthulhu and send them out), but it is quite an interesting one to evolve. Particularly since I don't know exactly when to hold the 3ds upside-down, so I ended up doing half of the Le Wow Rotation Battles upside down. It's weird seeing Earthquake the wrong way up, seriously.
Oh I just turned it upside down just before the battle where it levels up to 30.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: November 04, 2013, 04:54:14 pm »

I have an Avalugg whose entire basis is "don't move first". I may have to put a focus sash on it because weaknesses (Blaziken especially, ffs) but it's heavy-hitting with that one ice move that boosts power if it goes after getting hit.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: November 04, 2013, 09:12:50 pm »

Trying to get Modest Yveltal with perfect IV in SpA, Spe, and SpD and near perfect in HP and Def in a Dusk Ball. This is truly a test of patience. Anger management course should integrate legendary Pokemon catching into its lessons.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 04, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »

Trying to get Modest Yveltal with perfect IV in SpA, Spe, and SpD and near perfect in HP and Def in a Dusk Ball. This is truly a test of patience. Anger management course should integrate legendary Pokemon catching into its lessons.
Cover legendaries, Runners, or Post-game legendaries?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: November 04, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »

I have an Avalugg whose entire basis is "don't move first". I may have to put a focus sash on it because weaknesses (Blaziken especially, ffs) but it's heavy-hitting with that one ice move that boosts power if it goes after getting hit.
Sounds like what I do to take care of Blazikens too.

I personally like using my Mega Aggron to kill them off. I haven't met a single person who could resist attacking my Mega Aggron with their Blaziken thinking it's an easy one hit ko. Poor guys don't expect the earthquake counter. Even if they could do enough damage to Mega Aggron to OHKO it, it still has a focus sash mwahahahahahahahaa!!!!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: November 04, 2013, 10:58:17 pm »

Should I keep this Yveltal? Been resetting for half a day while multitasking. I'd rather its Att having bad IV, but this one does have perfect SpA, SpD, and Spe (guaranteed).

Yveltal - #717 (Modest)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 4 - 5
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

EDIT: Nevermind, I've decided to go for Mild Yveltal, as close to the perfect IVs below if anyone is interested. Apparently it has the highest STAB priority move in the game (Sucker Punch, Dark, 80 power, physical, 100% accuracy). Let's see if I will luck out!

HP 201
ATK 151
DEF 103
SPATK 166
SPDEF 118
SPEED 119
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:15:41 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: November 05, 2013, 02:24:49 am »

Just got my first shiny!

It's a delibird.

Goddamnit.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: November 05, 2013, 04:07:13 am »

EDIT: Nevermind, I've decided to go for Mild Yveltal, as close to the perfect IVs below if anyone is interested. Apparently it has the highest STAB priority move in the game (Sucker Punch, Dark, 80 power, physical, 100% accuracy). Let's see if I will luck out!
Mega Absol's Sucker Punches are stronger. I think I might run a Mild/Rash special attacking one (for screwing with people's expectations) with Sucker Punch.

Actually, I'm going to do that. Let the chain breeding begin!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: November 05, 2013, 04:14:01 am »

Mega Absol's Sucker Punches are stronger. I think I might run a Mild/Rash special attacking one (for screwing with people's expectations) with Sucker Punch.

Actually, I'm going to do that. Let the chain breeding begin!

Ah didn't think of other mega evolved Pokemons. I might try Absol too then. :p

Also,I got a mild Yvetal below:

Yveltal - #717 (Mild)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 8 - 9
Def: 16 - 17
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 31

Probably the best I've got so far with 147 total IVs. I wish the Att IV wasn't single digit. -________-a

EDIT: Got another Mild one with below IVs.

Yveltal - #717 (Mild)
HP: 24 - 25
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 24 - 25
Speed: 30 - 31

Have decided to keep it and move on with the story!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:53:27 am by BuriBuriZaemon »

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 463