Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651186 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2250 on: November 17, 2013, 12:35:43 pm »

GUYS LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF PAGES IN THE THREAD SDKJFNG;ZKDJFNG;KF

WOAH DUDE IT'S 151 LIKE 151 POKEMON WOW.

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #2251 on: November 17, 2013, 08:15:18 pm »

Say, is there any point to those cafes in the various towns where you can pay to sit and have random NPC's show you their Pokemon? Seems like a waste of money to me...
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: November 17, 2013, 08:17:33 pm »

Fill up pokedex bits if you don't have the old games to transfer mons from.
It's FEF, not FEOF

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 17, 2013, 08:20:16 pm »

Hey , where can I get a second destiny knot. Internet says somewhere in Lumiose but I for the life of me can't find it.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 17, 2013, 08:32:57 pm »

In one of the "red" plazas, I think it's magenta, at one of the main exits is a Beauty Amie. She only appears there at night and it's not guaranteed though it's common enough. She gives you destiny knots every time you defeat her.

----

My current Pokemon team consists of:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it has a good number of unpredictable mons that keep people on their feet. For example, Klefki is always hard to predict, being that he can run so many things. Safeguard on him is especially hilarious as it means you can open into Smeargles and other such common status effect users and ruin their day. Barely anyone knows what Gastrodon does either. And no one expects just how deadly the drought condition Charizard Y uses is when paired with Volcarona. Tanking Garchomps like it ain't no thang.

Massive weakness to baton pass teams though, from what I've found. Other than that, I can mostly deal with everything. Got a cool 70% winrate on the team, losing mostly to baton passers since I have no taunt. I can't bring a taunt user too as I need Forretress to rapid spin away stealth rock or I'm completely crippled. I also lose very badly to teams relying heavily on status effects as I can't heal them.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: November 18, 2013, 06:10:14 am »

Hi guys. Anyone got a Heracross they'd like to trade for my Pinsir?

I got a Heracross if you want one, but I have access to a FS with Pinsir so I don't need Pinsir (will still trade it to you). Would you have a Starmie (exclusive to X) by any chance?

EDIT: Trying to decide whether I should breed below.

Sweeper Chlorophyll (non-mega) Venusaur
Modest/Timid
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

OR

Stall Chlorophyll (non-mega) Venusaur
Calm/Bold
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Giga Drain

I want to pair it with Mega Charizard Y so seems like the sweeper option is more ideal. Mega Venusaur w/ Thick Fat seems to be the more defensive oriented one than Chlorophyll Venusaur. Also I won't be breeding for Hidden Power, it's a pain to setup the right IVs...

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:19:54 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: November 18, 2013, 10:22:52 am »

In one of the "red" plazas, I think it's magenta, at one of the main exits is a Beauty Amie. She only appears there at night and it's not guaranteed though it's common enough. She gives you destiny knots every time you defeat her.

----

My current Pokemon team consists of:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it has a good number of unpredictable mons that keep people on their feet. For example, Klefki is always hard to predict, being that he can run so many things. Safeguard on him is especially hilarious as it means you can open into Smeargles and other such common status effect users and ruin their day. Barely anyone knows what Gastrodon does either. And no one expects just how deadly the drought condition Charizard Y uses is when paired with Volcarona. Tanking Garchomps like it ain't no thang.

Massive weakness to baton pass teams though, from what I've found. Other than that, I can mostly deal with everything. Got a cool 70% winrate on the team, losing mostly to baton passers since I have no taunt. I can't bring a taunt user too as I need Forretress to rapid spin away stealth rock or I'm completely crippled. I also lose very badly to teams relying heavily on status effects as I can't heal them.

Yeah, be wary of spinblockers and strong fire types, that's for sure. Dusknoir or Cofagrigus can probably switch into a rapid spin with impunity, even Dusklops with an Eviolite.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: November 18, 2013, 11:32:49 am »

I got a Heracross if you want one, but I have access to a FS with Pinsir so I don't need Pinsir (will still trade it to you). Would you have a Starmie (exclusive to X) by any chance?

EDIT: Trying to decide whether I should breed below.

Sweeper Chlorophyll (non-mega) Venusaur
Modest/Timid
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
I prefer this one. I've used it myself, though with solar beam instead of giga drain. It was really powerful but had a distinct weakness.

It's entirely dependent on the sun condition and becomes really bad once that's gone. This is a huge problem considering Charizard Y's sun only lasts 5 turns. So you have 1 turn to set up the sun, 1 turn to switch, and 1 turn to use growth leaving you only 2 turns remaining to sweep. A savvy opponent can stall those two remaining turns and obliterate Charizard when you switch him back in on the third. It's because of this that my own team which uses a Charizard Y drought actually has a second weather user in Tyranitar so as to be less predictable. Not to mention the sun sweeper I use is Volcarona and it's not particularly dependent on sun condition to crush people as it has quiver dance.

You could use Ninetales instead to get 8 turns of sun instead of just 5.

I don't see the point of non-mega stall Venusaur. Lack of thick fat means it's super easy to kill.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 18, 2013, 12:28:45 pm »

After having a look at Pinsir, I've decided that I want him more for the team. I'd still be able to get some spare X-exclusives. Have you got Charmander, Bulbasaur, Fennekin and Chespin? I've got access to all of them, so if we're trading exclusives, I could give you one of them instead of a Pinsir.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 18, 2013, 03:59:56 pm »

My 3DS just arrived! Wooo!

Now to play the MH3U demo until next month when I'll finally have some money to buy Pokeyman X  :'(

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:20 pm »

Oh dear Arceus... I want a Kyogre, but just the trouble I'll have to transfer mine all the way from Saphire to Y gives me a headache already. And to compound the problem, I don't even remember if that one had a decent Nature... It almost makes me want to simply put something in the GTS and wait 'till someone sends me one, even if it will probably be a hacked 'mon.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 18, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »

Kyogre is coolest legendary. Sapphire is coolest game. Everyone lieks mudkipz.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 18, 2013, 06:08:45 pm »

Emerald was better.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 18, 2013, 06:10:56 pm »

Emerald was better.

Dat post-endgame.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: November 18, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »

Oh dear Arceus... I want a Kyogre, but just the trouble I'll have to transfer mine all the way from Saphire to Y gives me a headache already. And to compound the problem, I don't even remember if that one had a decent Nature... It almost makes me want to simply put something in the GTS and wait 'till someone sends me one, even if it will probably be a hacked 'mon.

Ugh, in the same boat with my Mew. It's still stuck in my Ruby version, and I forgot to reach Pal Park in my Diamond before I transferred all my mons in it over to Gen V. I still need to beat Platinum and the second Ranger game so I can get 2 more Darkrais and my Jirachi >_<
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 463