Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651184 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Guyyyyys, I've finally picked this back up again and cannot remember what I was supposed to be doing. :-[
What do I need to do before I can access route 18? I beat the gym in the last city, not sure where the plot was leading me after that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Guyyyyys, I've finally picked this back up again and cannot remember what I was supposed to be doing. :-[
What do I need to do before I can access route 18? I beat the gym in the last city, not sure where the plot was leading me after that.

~EDITED~
The "gym in the last city" being Olympia (Anistar City, the last city before Route 18) or Wulfric (Snowbelle City, the last gym before the Elite Four)?  If it's that you can't get into Route 18, there are two possible parts of the plot you could be at, assuming you already triggered Team Flare's Holocaster broadcast...
Spoiler: Part 1 - Lumiose City (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 2 - Geosenge Town (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:58:13 am by Culise »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Part 1 - Lumiose City (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm back on track with the story now, thanks.
I've now been sidetracked going back and levelling a bunch of weak pokemon I've had lying around in storage since forever.

In related news: AAAAAHH WHY IS VOLBEAT TWERKING AT ME
Booze is Life for Yoink

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile

Well, Looks like I wont be paying for the bank anytime soon...I just decided I'm gonna take an elongated break from console and handheld games under the influence of a game combination known as Dwarf Fortress and ESO.

That said, if any of you wanna contact me, best to PM me.
Now once Diancie is released I may pop up again, but right now nothing is for sure except that I'll be gone a while.

Before I leave though, and to stay on thread-topic:
I have a Shiny Latios I wanna use in the battle-mansion, but should I run him as dual screens or sweeper? His IVs aren't perfect but are decent.
...also what kinds of teammates should I give him?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

If you want him to be dual screens, then it doesn't really matter what you pair him up with as he's not really going to do anything once he casts both screens.

If you want him to sweep, then give it something life orb and pair it with something for healings and some other guy with more coverage that Latios doesn't have. Something like an Edgequake user or fire or ice.

Maybe something like this:

Latios | Alomomola (heal pulse) | Terrakion

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

What pokemon is there that can face Terrakion head on? I know there are very, very few.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

It's very tough but it's not impossible.

He's essentially a superior Garchomp. Faster speed. More damage. Tankier. So you gotta deal with him like you deal with Garchomp.

He also has a stupidly predictable moveset. Again, like Garchomp. His moves are:

I say predictable like it's an easy thing to fight. But between his two moves he can kill anything in two hits and many things in one. But anyway, basically you have to outsmart him or have a setup sweeper like Blaziken / Scizor be fully pumped up so they can 0HKO him when he switches in. Also, if for some stupid reason the enemy doesn't have substitute, just hit him with a will-o-wisp and Terrakion is made completely useless.

Here's an example of an outsmart:

Setup sweeper is mostly just preparing to fight him. Generally, you're at an advantage if he's sending Terrakion to fight you and you're prepared for it by having someone like Blaziken or some other super fast, super heavy hitting sweeper out. He'll die in one hit.

Here's a simple list of pokemon you should consider for anti-Terrakion duty:
1. Blaziken
2. Azumarill
3. Scizor
4. Infernape
5. Aegislash
6. Rotom-W
7. Trevenant
8. Gourgeist
9. Conkeldurr
10. Mewtwo

My personal experience with battling Terrakion has been I generally have to sacrifice my current pokemon so that the next one can come in without taking damage.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile

If you want him to be dual screens, then it doesn't really matter what you pair him up with as he's not really going to do anything once he casts both screens.

If you want him to sweep, then give it something life orb and pair it with something for healings and some other guy with more coverage that Latios doesn't have. Something like an Edgequake user or fire or ice.

Maybe something like this:

Latios | Alomomola (heal pulse) | Terrakion
Only One Legend Rule abider here. At least in Pokemon anyways, cause they're that game changing.
Or i use only legends but that's rarely any fun.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

huh, no move to make a sandstorm on a Garchomp? Interesting.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I was going to put this in the happy thread but I felt it was more fitting here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pMeVXD6OOM

The poor dragon types...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Bahahaha, brilliant.

Anyway, I was playing last night connected to the internet, and some guy started a trade with me, seemingly only so he could show off a whole bunch of awesome high-level pokemon that I had never even freakin' seen before, before cancelling the trade. >________>
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

Checked the translator...

HAAZ - OO - MAAR - RIIL

Lunch - Oh - Terror - Monster

Huh. That's surprisingly fitting.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 463