Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651770 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #4110 on: January 31, 2015, 05:18:40 pm »

SkarmBliss has always been a nice core - there's little special Blissey can't take, and most physical hits can be shrugged off by Skarmory. It's a little outdated these days, but in RSE it was the best team core you could run.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: January 31, 2015, 05:53:40 pm »

SkarmBliss has always been a nice core - there's little special Blissey can't take, and most physical hits can be shrugged off by Skarmory. It's a little outdated these days, but in RSE it was the best team core you could run.
"Flying Team"- Blissey is rather lacking is this aspect Reudh, but I appreciate the sentiment.
Anyways another major note is I don't want mega-evos on this team, but am willing to use pokemon who could mega-evo.
And on that note If i did make my Togekiss my SPDefender, is there another decent non-legend Flying type special attacker to fill that role?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: January 31, 2015, 06:29:14 pm »

Hey, Blissey has some little wings!

If you're looking for a flying medic with a lot of special defense, Altaria's pretty solid.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: January 31, 2015, 06:30:20 pm »

A friend of mine managed to do some decent defensive things with an altaria.   And I believe it has fairly high special defense.

Always remember though that me and my friends almost exclusively play triples, so I can't say for certain what seems to work there would work as well in singles but it may be worth a shot.  IIRC it ran cotton guard and roost, don't remember the rest of the moveset unfortunately.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: January 31, 2015, 06:36:07 pm »

Yeah you gotta rock that mega altaria dude.

Mantine has 140 base spdef and defog which you'll need on a flying team and also using weird-ass pokemon makes you cool.  I had a pelipper on my team once until the very real irl physical agony of using pelipper finally overcame me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:39:05 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: January 31, 2015, 06:46:45 pm »

Cthulhu: again I don't wanna use mega-evos on this team but will use their normal forms.
I've got five Pokemon lined up now thanks to all this, and it roughly covers what i need, except for defog so my final member needs to be the hold-it's own defogger
Cthulhu suggests Mantine, but I want a flying-typed defogger who can hold it's own while focusing on being a defogger, regardless of other stats.

As for Altaria, I usually play either Doubles or Rotations, though I prefer Rotations more.
I am familiar with Cotton Guard Roosting Altaria sets as I tried one out in 1P Battle Maison, so I'm very willing to use it. But I'd like to make sure it can support other team members as well.(regrettably i traded it for a pokemon I needed so i could breed to build another team So I'd have to remake the fluffy tank)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: January 31, 2015, 10:40:37 pm »

Altaria is defensive, but it can DDance its way to sweeping if need be. It's not great with SpAtk.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:53 pm »

Special-attacking Altarias are Megas that use Pixilate Hyper Voice.  Hit all (EDIT) adjacent opponents in multi-battles, bypass Substitutes.  It's best on defensive/support M.Alties that don't use D.Dance or on offensive SpAtk variants that are intended to go all-out instead of setting up (which is also facilitated by STAB Draco Meteor), and better in Doubles or Triples than Singles (though still acceptable in the latter, at least in my uneducated opinion).  Not so good on regular Altaria, though.

EDIT: Corrected the above.  Hyper Voice won't hit opponents that aren't adjacent, which matters in Triples. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:11:52 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: January 31, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »

I've said I wanted Togekiss for the Special Attack purposes it can fill. Which due to people suggesting Togekiss as SpDefender is why I asked if Togekiss could dual role as both attacker and defender, then Altaria was mentioned.
The only thing regarding Altaria that is necessary to take into account in this discussion is a Specially Defensive role that doesn't rely on Mega-Evolution.
Skarmory covers Phys Def role and the other team members I haven't mentioned cover sweepers I'm set on having and now all I need is a Defogger that can hold it's own if it needs to use a turn for Defog to get rid of Stealth Rock.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: February 05, 2015, 03:07:00 pm »

Sorry for double post but has anyone redeemed the Unova Starter MG Codes and gotten a female starter from them?
I usually use Serebii when seeking info on Events like these three, but Serebii hasn't yet listed a set gender for them(as of this post).

(Edit: Okay found out thanks to a nice guy on another site, sorry for the double post mods.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:27:11 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: February 06, 2015, 02:24:27 am »

Sorry, the what codes?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: February 06, 2015, 09:58:46 am »

Sorry, the what codes?
Three Mystery Gift codes distributed by Nintendo and also posted on Serebii.net for the Unova starters with their Hidden Abilities.  According to the dates, they should all be active now, though I haven't tried the third one yet, and will remain active until the end of November. 

Contrary Serperior: POKEMON497
Reckless Emboar: POKEMON500
Shell Armor Samurott: POKEMON503

Enjoy. ^_^

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: February 06, 2015, 10:12:37 am »

Sorry, the what codes?
Three Mystery Gift codes distributed by Nintendo and also posted on Serebii.net for the Unova starters with their Hidden Abilities.  According to the dates, they should all be active now, though I haven't tried the third one yet, and will remain active until the end of November. 

Contrary Serperior: POKEMON497
Reckless Emboar: POKEMON500
Shell Armor Samurott: POKEMON503

Enjoy. ^_^

I just tested it: The third one is not yet active.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: February 06, 2015, 11:16:35 am »

From what I hear Emboar and Serperior actually get better at their jobs with their Hidden Abilities and Samurott gets worse.
I will say that Emboar and Serperior come with moves to benefit their new ability: Emboar with Flareblitz(benefits from reckless) and Serperior with Leaf Storm(the spatk cut become a boost with contrary ability) Dunno about Samurott as I really don't care about that one overall.

I was wondering if they could be female because I wanna pass on the HA to a nick-nameable copy of both. I know the father can pass it with a Ditto but that chances of that are fairly scarce compared to the mother having a good chance.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: February 06, 2015, 11:37:16 am »

From what I hear Emboar and Serperior actually get better at their jobs with their Hidden Abilities and Samurott gets worse.
I will say that Emboar and Serperior come with moves to benefit their new ability: Emboar with Flareblitz(benefits from reckless) and Serperior with Leaf Storm(the spatk cut become a boost with contrary ability) Dunno about Samurott as I really don't care about that one overall.

I was wondering if they could be female because I wanna pass on the HA to a nick-nameable copy of both. I know the father can pass it with a Ditto but that chances of that are fairly scarce compared to the mother having a good chance.
60% for Ditto-breeding versus 80% for a female.  The odds don't seem that bad to me; it's still better than even, contrasted with the 12.5% chance (at best) of getting a female starter from the event.

EDIT: How in the world did I botch the punctuation there? ^_^
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:44:33 am by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 463