Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651712 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #4830 on: July 14, 2016, 12:14:22 am »

I'm still dying to find out the layout of nearby stops to determine whether I can even play or not.

Hurry up and release this thing in Canada, come on guys ;-;

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: July 14, 2016, 12:35:56 am »

If you download ingress and make an account on it, then you can go here to get a map of points of interest in your vicinity. The games both pull from the same database of user submitted locations to determine where to place sites, so it should give you a general idea.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4832 on: July 14, 2016, 01:36:52 am »

They should start putting Legendaries on other planets or something. We would colonize Solar system in no time.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: July 14, 2016, 01:38:12 am »

They should start putting Legendaries on other planets or something. We would colonize Solar system in no time.
Start with North Korea, it'd be pretty amusing to see what happens.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4834 on: July 14, 2016, 02:45:50 am »

It would end with Kim Jong Un catching them all and then conquering the whole world by challenging leaders of other nations.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: July 14, 2016, 04:07:00 am »

Pokemon GO is surprising me somewhat. I actually enjoyed going outside this week and while in the beginning that was just pokemon it kind of ended up in me enjoying being outside.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4836 on: July 14, 2016, 04:16:09 am »

me enjoying being outside.
It's finally happening.
Who would have thought it would require Pokemon, but hey, there it is.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: July 14, 2016, 05:13:52 am »

2017:  SpaceX blows its entire budget sending Elon Musk on a grand tour of the solar system.
NASAs astronauts are stranded on the launchpad, congress calls a special session to discuss the crisis as Russian astronauts threaten to catch all the Pokemon in the ISS.
World war 3 begins.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4838 on: July 14, 2016, 05:27:02 am »

Russian astronauts threaten to catch all the Pokemon in the ISS.
"Houston, uh... we have a problem. I'm requesting immediate EVA because... uh... how to put it, umm... there's a Moltres right outside the window... "

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: July 14, 2016, 05:33:17 am »

Wouldn't Deoxys make the most sense being found in orbit?

Plus, we can't forget the moon, since several species of Pokemon do canonically come from the moon(Clefairy in particular).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4840 on: July 14, 2016, 05:40:56 am »

I am fairly sure Deoxys doesn't exist in Pokemon Go files, it's from like Third Gen.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: July 14, 2016, 07:30:00 am »

I really hope they add a whole bunch of expansion to this, right now it's fun but shallow.  If they can keep the momentum going it would be legendary.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: July 14, 2016, 07:53:08 am »

I am fairly sure Deoxys doesn't exist in Pokemon Go files, it's from like Third Gen.
Yet.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: July 14, 2016, 09:45:08 am »

Yet.

I am choosing to interpret this as you saying that they might introduce Deoxys as a official 1st generation pokemon.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: July 14, 2016, 10:15:40 am »

The key seems to be catching absolutely everything you can find, even if it's trash, and evolving it for the xp.  As you gain levels, you are more likely to find a wider variety of pokemon, and the cp of everything you find (even the trash) rises.

Friend who's into this way more than I am clue'd me in that the real trick is to collect a ton of stuff that evolves really cheap, crack a lucky egg, and then trigger all those evolutions at once for double xp.

Yep, this is pretty obviously the best strategy. Creates an insurmountable gap very quickly between people who play "correctly" and people who start powering up pokemon early.

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 463