Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Cult of Bones  (Read 12137 times)

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cult of Bones
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 03:22:29 pm »

All the right bones.

Not necessarily in the right order.
This is a statue of Urist McAssholeNoble in dwarf bone, Urist McAssholeNoble is shoving his head up his ass. This relates to the insulting of Urist McAssholeNoble by Urist McFellMood in the year 543.
I try my best.

So very Xeivous.  Well done!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 03:52:42 pm »

But skeletons have no butts!
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 03:53:43 pm »

But skeletons have no butts!
You just place the head where the butt would be.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 01:01:45 pm »

Joining the Cult of Bones with a subculture for ghost removal.

Any tips to keep them unhappy?  I went with dirt floors, a well, and plump helmets for food.  They are in a burrow that doesn't contain the well to make them constantly thirsty (they should leave the burrow to drink from the well, i hope).  Butchery and Tannery nearby in a separate burrow that they can be switched to.  The second burrow will be expanded to include the ghost after they claim their shop.  Sanity check my setup please!
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »

I find that embarking on an evil biome works wonders for fell moods. Just draft non-skilled peasants against their wishes and have then fight the undead outside in the freakish weather. Then keep them there so they get enraged about long patrol duty.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 08:29:09 pm »

Quote from: slink
Their Axe Lord ran un-impeded across 21 lines of weapon traps made with three iron trap components each.  It was like the traps weren't even there.  He slaughtered almost everyone.

Two suggestions:

Weapon traps attack with a 'weapon skill' level, equivalent to the quality of the mechanism used in the construction of the trap.  Use exceptional/masterwork mechanisms.  If your mechanic isn't that good yet, mass-produce mechanisms until your mechanic is that good.

Use 10 weapons in each weapon trap.  It's okay if the other 7 weapons are crap/green glass/goblinite.  Some will be deflected, but I don't think I've ever seen a goblin in full metal body armor.  Green glass discs are quite sufficient for slashing throats.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.
Pages: 1 2 [3]