Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 399931 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3060 on: March 02, 2013, 02:14:44 pm »

If I may...Why scatter across the cosmos? When then will you ever matter in the scheme of things? You wont discuss things with us because it wont matter to you. You'll sit on your world and play about.

Or you can stay on this world, the important world and be a factor. Might win, might lose. But at least you're having fun.

For me? Corvus is planning to help the planet dwellers, but he needs to keep his own race safe, lest they die and he ends up dying for the third time.

Eh, didn't assume that. Edited post IC and OOC.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: March 02, 2013, 02:15:52 pm »

As the god of knowledge, if there are planets, then you know of them. A planet is a planet. Saying a planet doesn't change the literal meaning of my request.

Creating a galaxy and not minding the particulars means a great random collection of creation that necessarily has many planets good and bad.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: March 02, 2013, 02:16:07 pm »

Check the edit.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: March 02, 2013, 02:16:49 pm »

Also, we teleport with no cost, so It hardly separates me from the goings-on to find my own planet.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: March 02, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »

Eh, let's say Corvus knows everything, but he's quite scatterbrained and so can somehow not realize he knows this or that.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: March 02, 2013, 02:25:07 pm »

No Overgod Heir Apparent and an expected death within the next five turns?

Sure. Might as well go for broke. This is going to end horribly, but hey, it's bay 12. That's the point.

Hope that didn't suck too bad, and that I got across the general idea I was going for. I noticed that usually the overgod(ess) in these tended to throw its weight around when it bothered to act at all, so I figured I'd try something different, an omnipotent being that prefers to nudge the gods and mortals to do what it wants without making its presence known in any big way... and which is almost entirely unknown because of it, possibly assumed to be a lesser god by most that actually meet the form that they're likely to even recognize, as it exists as a sort of idea of things half-seen and unseen.
Sorry bro, we already had an Overgod like that and he git killed for no reason.
Also, ENTROPY IS MAH SHIT BRAH. STAY OFF MAH TURF.
1) No he wasn't. You were antagonizing everyone. I've read at least some of the thread.
2) Mutare was nothing like what I have planned for Fractus if and when the death of the current Overgod lets her in. He got involved with his kids shit directly, and ended up giving them reason to A) know that he actually exists outside the fact that occasionally weird shit happens, and B) pissed some of them off well enough for them to want to kill him.
3) No it's not. Astra'ath did it first, and I'm sure he'll probably have done it better, but I'll reserve judgement until you get to try.

Also how did you get entropy from that? He/She/It is basically the opposite of entropy. Cares not about the little things like planets, mostly just wants things to keep going on a universal scale, as anything else can be repaired in time.

Sorry ragnarok but we have an overgod currently although at the rate they die you can keep the app ready.

Anyhow, two ascendants ready and waiting

Az-Shos little child and
the Dragon, which ill give to GWG so that he is happy.

So who wants to be the Child of a massive Snake of Fiery Death?
I know that you do. Just getting my foot in once he inevitably dies for one reason or another. Question: If I create a god now, would it be possible for them to die or appear to die but actually become Fractus when that time comes?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:31:14 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: March 02, 2013, 02:27:28 pm »

Jbg, no offense, but stop making Mutare look like Pantheon's Jesus.

1) Only CORVUS is Jesus. Knowledge freaking Jesus. /joke

Real 1)Most of it's covered by ragnarok.
2). You KIDNAPPED A GUY'S KID. For no clear reason.
3). Got too negatively involved with other gods.
4). The whole squiddles debacle.
5). You said it yourself that Mutare created the entire world for a GAME.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:29:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: March 02, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »

And GWG, I KNOW what I am doing.
You had darn well better.

And I already saved all the dwarves too.
One mighty act to ressurect the dwarves, send them to the continent east of eversummer, and to create a mountain range between that continents' isolated mountains.
Makes it sound like you're only sending the resurrected dwarves to Eversummer. Which, I should add, Thaneos likely won't like...

The spire is on the first continent. Check my turn post in the game thread. And GWG, I KNOW what I am doing. And I already saved all the dwarves too.
You're worse than Mutare! At least he didn't promote a god-killing murderous, backstabbing dwarf to a GOD.
Strangely enough, my instinct is to agree...although I'm suspecting that my bias is overtaking reason here.

Aww why couldn't anyone elevate me?  I would be an awesome god.  The god of evolution!  Anyway if there are no complaints I'm going to go to that spire and use it just once to ascend.  No problems with that right?
Nah, I'm planning to do something similar. Maybe we could team up afterwards?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: March 02, 2013, 02:30:07 pm »

Also how did you get entropy from that? He/She/It is basically the opposite of entropy. Cares not about the little things like planets, mostly just wants things to keep going on a universal scale, as anything else can be repaired in time.
I assure you, I am not Astra'ath.

Things Half-seen and Unseen != Entropy.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: March 02, 2013, 02:32:37 pm »

... != means Does Not Equal =_= Still don't see how you got that.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: March 02, 2013, 02:33:47 pm »

If anything, Half-Seen and Unseen stuff would probably represent either (obviously) the Unknown or Curiosity.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: March 02, 2013, 02:36:25 pm »

Unknown, probably.

That actually gives me an idea. <.< Connected to my earlier question, if I made an Elder God of the Unknown that was like a proto-Fractus, could it evolve into its full form if/when the current OG shifts free the immortal coil?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: March 02, 2013, 02:36:54 pm »

... != means Does Not Equal =_= Still don't see how you got that.
No, /=/ means not equal.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:10 pm »

Actually they both do. != is used in programming. So that's what I use.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:50 pm »

One mighty act to ressurect the dwarves, send them to the continent east of eversummer, and to create a mountain range between that continents' isolated mountains.
Makes it sound like you're only sending the resurrected dwarves to Eversummer. Which, I should add, Thaneos likely won't like...
Hes sending them to the continent east of eversummer, not to eversummer itself.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 379