Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 43082 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 10: Partial Credit]
« Reply #315 on: November 02, 2018, 01:07:29 pm »

((Coolrune, we're being attacked by crabs who want our flesh. Looking for shards now is a bad idea.))

"Attack the crustacean foes, do NOT be simpletons!"

Necromancy: Necromantic blast the crabs, spend 3 Necromancy passion.

Smack them around with the scepter and SUCC THEIR SOULS. Apply mace passion.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 02, 2018, 05:24:23 pm »

Jeffery, still concentrating on his searching, replies calmly:

"'Crabth'? 'Crustaceans?' what are you guys on abou...."

He trails off as he takes a moment to look up at the incoming demonspawn.

"Oh. Those crabth."

(Action edited)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 05, 2018, 02:59:29 am »

Turn 11: It's Gonna Get Weird

"Note to self: Birds are terrible at solving puzzles. Now...
D̳͕̀͡I͈̻͍͙̲͡E̤̖̫͍̟͖͕͢͝!"

DEATH MAGIC IT ALL THE WAY
YES USE THE PASSION OBVIOUSLY

[2] You run streaks of rotting black through it, but it doesn't seem to mind that much.

Slime damaged?
1 Death Passion Used: No improvement

Refashion teeth into organic chainsaws. Chew blob.
[2] Getting the teethsaws to properly spin and not just gnaw on each other proves difficult, and you end up just sort of bashing the nearest tentacles with malformed jawbones.

[5]
[5]
The thing surges through the tunnel, enveloping the both of you like a pink tidal wave. It's kind of nice in here. Everything's got a trippy pink tint, it's pretty warm, and the goo doesn't feel sticky when you're fully immersed in it like this. Can't breathe, but the digestive acid hasn't kicked in yet so it's still on the nice side of things.

The goo then starts to recede, dragging you through the door with it. Beyond you see a lot of glowy lights, intricate pipes, and several doors similar to this one.

"Hey guys. I dropped a thing. It was an.... uh.... thingy thing. Oh! An Ice thing. Wait, does that mean it's gonna melt if I don't find it soon? Can you all please help me look?"

Jeffery continues desperately wading through the water, sweeping his hands around and trying to find his shard.

After being alerted to the decapod threat, Jeffery uses his second action to summon six metal replicas of the crab-things to fight them. One point for the base spell, and five individual points for each identical summon alongside. One point of metal for the metal body, and another point to randomize the metal for each crab. Additionally, Jeffery adds a point of spears onto one of the crabs to give it spear-like claws.
[1] You find the shard!

[1] When a blob of moss with the shard embedded in it hurls itself out of the water towards you, bearing what looks like an icy spear that immediately wedges in between two pipes. It shrieks indignantly while trying to wrench it free.

[3] Your metallic spearcrabs are rather small, but you suppose numbers count? They scurry off to fight the other crabs, leaving you alone with your shardthief.

+1 Herbalism Passion

I need to wait a bit and heal. ._.
Look for Jeffry's shard thing. Just look for it, don't stick my hands anywhere. I don't want to get maimed again.

EDIT: AH SHIT I DID NOT NOTICE CRABS
If they come near me, fire away. If they don't, heal some more.
[3] You try to relax as your friends are cracked open and feasted upon by malignant horrors. It goes okay.

+3 HP

((I'm not sure why I got a Medicine Passion, but I guess I should diversify my skill portfolio anyway. Irony, can I use the increased skill on the turn I level it up? If not, I'll edit my action.))

"Um, guyth. I think thith may be a bad thime to thearch for thtuff. The crabth look like they want to eat uth."

Level up Seduction and Medicine.

Use my alchemical knowledge and newfound medical skill to apply a bit of my elixir to my injured tongue and refine the healing properties in it to heal me better and faster. While doing this, also be using my alchemy to figure out the effects of the potion since I'll be experiencing them.  5 Alchemy, 1 Medicine.

And since we seem to be fighting tentacle crabs now and my snake whip worked so well, grab one of the crabs by the tentacle and use it as a flail to hit the other crabs. 3 Brawling.

((Freefloating passion is used just like normal stuff, so you can't level the skill without an action and then use it, but you can use the passion which then levels it.))

[3] Your tongue sort of meld-writhes into being more purply and gooey. You're not sure what to make of that, other than that maybe sampling tiny bits of potion has tiny bits of effect and is therefore hard to gauge. Well, that or the effect isn't readily apparent, even at larger dosages.

[1] You grab one of the crab-thing's tentacles and... just kind of get pulled into its hideous beaked maw, really. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Tongue strange instead of stabbed
-3 HP
+1 Brawling

((Coolrune, we're being attacked by crabs who want our flesh. Looking for shards now is a bad idea.))

"Attack the crustacean foes, do NOT be simpletons!"

Necromancy: Necromantic blast the crabs, spend 3 Necromancy passion.

Smack them around with the scepter and SUCC THEIR SOULS. Apply mace passion.

[5] You scream an unholy wail down their ranks, rotting their flesh and corrupting their souls. A wail echoes back, that of the newly damned.

[3] You beat some of the survivors, those on the edge and therefore out of range of the blast, for added effect.

Crabs all dead Jim
Actually most of them are wights bound to your service
They're not happy about it
+1 Necromancy
3 Necromancy Passion Spent: Necromancy increases from +5 to +6!
1 Mace Passion Spent: Maces increase from +0 to +1!
New Trait: Shackles of the Grave 3: Those who fall by your hand are cursed to wander the land under your thrall. Creatures you slay with necromancy tend to return as vengeful but enslaved revenants.

With the crabs out of the way (and/or carrying Devorae's stuff) the party gets a good look at the chamber. It's pretty sprawling, more like a great wandering hallway than a single room, and unusually verdant given that there's no visible natural light. The floor is composed of grates; attempts to see through them yield nothing but darkness. The walls are composed of rough stone with some pipework at the ends, but in between there's a lot of giant rounded boxes made of metal plating, rising up through the grating and continuing up a good 10-20 feet into the air. Occasional lights provide some faint illumination in a mixture of stark red and intense blue-white, but it's still a rather dark place.

The other feature of note is the noise. It's pervasive, echoing constantly through the whole place, a constant cacophony of indecipherable machinery. Some of it seems to come from the boxes, some from the walls, and some you can't seem to locate a source for.

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Edibles (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 05, 2018, 03:00:34 am »

(Waitlist or not, here I come)

Name: Xiaoli Wind-Foot
Description: Female human of average height. Long white hair. Turquoise robes and leggings. Barefooted. Soft-spoken but blunt.
Primary Skill: Pneumomancy (Control of air/wind) +5
Secondary Skills: Enchantment +3 and Archery +3
Precious Item: Eversprout Bow - A magical longbow that can keep growing additional arrows whenever fed water, essentially creating an inexhaustible supply of ammo. Using whatever that can serve as fertilizer can increase the rate of arrows grown.
Backstory: A drifter from a distant land, Xiaoli found this land to be on the brink of eldritch catastrophe. Hoping to find a new home, she resolved to find out what happened here and whether there is a way to put an end to the madness.
Onto the waitlist with ye, to await a more prosperous time. Or less prosperous, because everyone who could be playing instead has died horribly.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 11: It's Gonna Get Weird]
« Reply #319 on: November 05, 2018, 09:05:03 am »

1. I need to keep healing.
2. Slowly and carefully check some of those boxes - maybe using metal magic - and make sure to get away from them if something dangerous seems like it's about to happen.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #320 on: November 05, 2018, 10:39:25 am »

1. Transmogrify this thing into water. Its already gotta be close. Hell, even just reduce its viscosity to the point where it can't effectively constrain us. 
2.  Assuming that don't work to some reasonable degree, use flesh magic and all my fleshy passion (lennyface.png) to rework myself into a shoggoth. You know, thing that doesn't need air and has innate shape shifting abilities.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 05, 2018, 05:57:48 pm »

With a slightly girly shriek, Jeffery immediately summons what appears to be a metal quarterstaff, using one point of summoning for the base effect, and a point of metal to make it out of cast iron.

He then begins to smash the mossy ball with the staff, thrusting it furiously until the blob-thing stops making noises, using his two passion for spears to make this work
(as the quarterstaff is effectively a spear but without a sharp tip, and he's using it in the same way he would use a spear). When the blob is dead, he casually dusts off his jacket and tries to retrieve his shard.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2018, 08:33:56 pm »

Unstopper the glittering flask and chug that shit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 07, 2018, 07:58:42 pm »

"I did need suitable porters." Devorae commented, elegantly sitting atop his money chest with legs crossed while the crabs carried it.

Leadership: Have the crabs search for valuables and also scout ahead

Unlock Enchantment using the gem.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2018, 09:00:24 pm »

((Wait, Jeffrey is fighting a moss monster? Oh man, I can help. Ventaro was born for this.))

Go check on Jeffrey. Ventaro can't leave behind the guy who kept him from drowning. If he happens to still be fighting the moss monster, its synergy time. Use my fists to refine the moss monster into a pill that is safe to consume and possesses potent regenerative and healing properties. I'm basing the selected properties on the assumption that the moss monster can grow back any moss that was cut off or damaged, and I want that. 5 Alchemy, 3 Herbalism, 3 Brawling, 1 Alchemy Passion, 1 Herbalism Passion, 1 Brawling Passion. If the moss monster is already dead when I get there, refine its corpse by condensing/squishing/crushing it into pill form. I think that would allow for the same use of skills and passion.

If solely focusing on that action would make it significantly more effective, do so. If not, use my second action to level up Seduction. Unless your explanation of leveling up a skill meant that it could only level up by using the Passion in an action, in which case I'd like to use my Seduction and 1 Seduction Passion to charm my snake into wanting to protect me, possibly through the use of eye contact. I'm gonna be a snake charmer.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 14, 2018, 01:30:00 am »

Turn 12: Monstrous

1. I need to keep healing.
2. Slowly and carefully check some of those boxes - maybe using metal magic - and make sure to get away from them if something dangerous seems like it's about to happen.

You sit down and rest a bit.

[4] The boxes appear to be made of a strange alloy. Not strange as in advanced, just weird. You think it's mostly iron, but there's a good part tin and a few other additions. As far as you're aware iron-tin isn't really a thing, and what's to be gained by throwing a fistful of potassium, manganese, and cobalt into the mix is anyone's guess.

Recovered full health

With a slightly girly shriek, Jeffery immediately summons what appears to be a metal quarterstaff, using one point of summoning for the base effect, and a point of metal to make it out of cast iron.

He then begins to smash the mossy ball with the staff, thrusting it furiously until the blob-thing stops making noises, using his two passion for spears to make this work
(as the quarterstaff is effectively a spear but without a sharp tip, and he's using it in the same way he would use a spear). When the blob is dead, he casually dusts off his jacket and tries to retrieve his shard.
[2] In proud tradition, you summon a brittle iron rod.

[2] In prouder tradition, you panic and flail, screaming like a little girl. Finally, in a terrified frenzy you hurl it like a javelin, which shatters into shrapnel as it hits the moss monster.

[4] The moss-thing grips you in tight, ice-cold moss coils and begins squeezing the life and warmth out of you.

-4 HP
Moss Monster suffers from shrapnel damage, lightly wounded
2 Spears Passion Spent: Spears increase from +3 to +4!

"I did need suitable porters." Devorae commented, elegantly sitting atop his money chest with legs crossed while the crabs carried it.

Leadership: Have the crabs search for valuables and also scout ahead

Unlock Enchantment using the gem.

[5] The crabs sullenly report that the boxes sometimes have "treasures" in them. Not even the crabs know where they came from or who keeps rebuilding them, but sometimes creatures will smash them open to take their delicious loot. Sometimes this nets them glittering gold, sometimes thrashing tentacles or noxious fumes.

For scouting, they report that one end of the cavern leads to what they call the Moss Halls- winding natural caverns and tunnels coated in green, rich with delicious life and life which considers you delicious. The other end leads to the Water Realms, heavily constructed and waterlogged areas ruled by unpredictable mutants. There are numerous other passages in the walls besides, but casual scouting reports nothing of immediate interest down any that they checked.

[3] With a tinkling sound like glass bits hitting the floor, a burst of sparkling white energy pops free from the gem. It resolves into the form of an unclothed statuesque woman with voluminous eyes and hair that shimmers through colors like oil, four pixie wings that sparkle faintly like rainbows, and a disdainful, sneering expression.

She's like a foot tall.

"Who dares interrupt my luxuriating?" she demands imperiously, in a voice that is nonetheless too high-pitched to not be cute.

+1 Leadership
Enchantment still locked, source located as Stolen By Fairies

((Wait, Jeffrey is fighting a moss monster? Oh man, I can help. Ventaro was born for this.))

Go check on Jeffrey. Ventaro can't leave behind the guy who kept him from drowning. If he happens to still be fighting the moss monster, its synergy time. Use my fists to refine the moss monster into a pill that is safe to consume and possesses potent regenerative and healing properties. I'm basing the selected properties on the assumption that the moss monster can grow back any moss that was cut off or damaged, and I want that. 5 Alchemy, 3 Herbalism, 3 Brawling, 1 Alchemy Passion, 1 Herbalism Passion, 1 Brawling Passion. If the moss monster is already dead when I get there, refine its corpse by condensing/squishing/crushing it into pill form. I think that would allow for the same use of skills and passion.

If solely focusing on that action would make it significantly more effective, do so. If not, use my second action to level up Seduction. Unless your explanation of leveling up a skill meant that it could only level up by using the Passion in an action, in which case I'd like to use my Seduction and 1 Seduction Passion to charm my snake into wanting to protect me, possibly through the use of eye contact. I'm gonna be a snake charmer.

[4] You get a good grip on the moss monster and begin refining its juicy alchemically reactive bits off. The result is less damaging but more profitable, and it can't writhe away with your firm hold on... its thick, amorphous goo. Nobody said alchemy was easy.

[4] While doing so, you whisper sweet nothings to the snake that's been intermittently savaging you, but you're infused with her venom already so HAHA WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT? Anyway she digs the macho routine, turns out powerful men overpowering rebellious women is her fetish.

Moss monster takes light damage
+Pure Regenerative Slime!
1 Alchemy Passion: Alchemy increases from +5 to +6!
1 Herbalism Passion: Herbalism increases from +3 to +4!
1 Brawling Passion: Brawling increases from +3 to +4!
1 Seduction Passion: Seduction increases from +1 to +2!
You lucky bastard

1. Transmogrify this thing into water. Its already gotta be close. Hell, even just reduce its viscosity to the point where it can't effectively constrain us. 
2.  Assuming that don't work to some reasonable degree, use flesh magic and all my fleshy passion (lennyface.png) to rework myself into a shoggoth. You know, thing that doesn't need air and has innate shape shifting abilities.

[4] You transmogrify the part around you into a thick soup. It's viscous enough to be disgusting but not enough to hold you, despite additional watery pseudopods slapping uncomfortably against your... lower body-ish area. Your anatomy's a little nonstandard at the moment.

The main body of the thing continues to recede through the door, leaving a carpet of thrashing but slowly withdrawing pink muck in its wake.

Unstopper the glittering flask and chug that shit.
It goes down smooth, like malicious ice water. Tastes minty, like all the things that were stolen from you. They should be yours! They're yours by right!

[6] Abruptly you begin cackling like a deranged villain. It's all so clear now. Your fingernails and teeth begin to harden and grow, and you know it's because you've been chosen. You're a living weapon, meant to battle gloriously and take what is yours. The delicious, succulent life force of others, the rightful spoils of the victorious.

Mystery liquid drank!
Now Living Weapon of Envy

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Slimesoaked Charlatans (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 12: Monstrous]
« Reply #326 on: November 14, 2018, 01:33:43 am »

Jeffery basically just continues flailing and screaming.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 14, 2018, 01:41:53 am »

"Ahahahaha! I think I like this one!"

Sally forth and render foes down. Try getting some death essence to stick to my claws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #328 on: November 14, 2018, 02:05:27 am »

Tear my way free! Bite! Claw! Throw jackals! This thing has huge guts, RIP AND TEAR!
Use flesh magic to weaponize my flesh. Knife claws, sword teeth, fur like razors, skin like steel!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2018, 02:06:49 am »

Tear my way free! Bite! Claw! Throw jackals! This thing has huge guts, RIP AND TEAR!
I think you got out already, if I'm reading this right.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26