Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Magic/Blacksmith/Train in Adventure mode, Embark as Goblin/Human in Fortress, et  (Read 24493 times)

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Smith Metal Arrowheads" makes bolts instead (in adventure mode; not sure if I needed to specify that).

By the way, this is my favourite crafting mod so far. It has a clean interface, everything is functional, and has all the options I want and none that I don't.

I hope 4 pages isn't considered too long ago to post in this thread. It is to note an error, after all.

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Smith Metal Arrowheads" makes bolts instead (in adventure mode; not sure if I needed to specify that).

By the way, this is my favourite crafting mod so far. It has a clean interface, everything is functional, and has all the options I want and none that I don't.

I hope 4 pages isn't considered too long ago to post in this thread. It is to note an error, after all.

Not too long at all, thank you for finding that!  I uploaded a fixed version (4.7)  Again, this is untested but it should work :)
Love,

Dr. Agon

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Agon you can also stud items with [IMPROVEMENT:100:B:COVERED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] or something similar.
I like the mod, btw. Saves me the time tweaking the Wanderer's. Two thumbs way up.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Alhash

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFFORTRESS_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile

Stupid question: Where can I get the "chunk" item in Adventurer Mode? I see the option to make a pick, but I don't know where to get the chunk to even make said pick.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Stupid question: Where can I get the "chunk" item in Adventurer Mode? I see the option to make a pick, but I don't know where to get the chunk to even make said pick.
The "Destroy [Item]" options.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for letting me know about the covered improvement ArKFallen!  I'll throw it in if I ever get around to releasing a new version.  Also thanks for fielding the question about the chunk.  I'm not as active at these boards at I used to be but I try to check in occasionally.

I know the commands are kind of tricky but generally speaking the break commands give you whatever material you are destroying.  Reclaim and ripping does the same thing for leather/cloth/thread.

However, you can also use skin, hair, etc. to get thread or tanned leather from nature too.  One of my personal favorites is to find elf or human skin in N lairs and make human skin capes or elf skin shirts.   :D

Love,

Dr. Agon

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to dig as an adventurer in this mod?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Is it possible to dig as an adventurer in this mod?
No.

When making rifles you make them out of their stock. Their stock is wood so you end up with a wooden chunk which sucks for most weapons. To get around this you can change the product line in reaction_battlecraft to:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
making metal rifles 8)
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

Can anyone give me the details on Platemail Armor?

I've never heard of it - it must be just for this mod. How much of your body does it protect, exactly? It only costs a single chunk and some leather to make, so if it protects a lot, it's definitely worth it for me to craft.

Anybody know what it does?

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ark, does it effect the attack when firing bullets or just when smacking someone with the rifle?

night, it should cover the same body parts as a chainmail shirt if I remember correctly (without looking at the raws).  I think during one of my games it even protected my legs or neck or something.
Love,

Dr. Agon

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

ark, does it effect the attack when firing bullets or just when smacking someone with the rifle?
Just when smacking someone with it.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making "Wooden Crossbow" turns into "hair" crossbow
Crossbow wouldn't fire wooden bolt, I tried to hold bolt on hand or put bolt in quiver..

Is there something I'm missing?

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your post made me lol. I fixed the hair crossbows and uploaded the correct version to dffd.  I'm not sure why firing bolts is not working for you. Are you able to shoot bolts with a store bought crossbow/bolts?  Is the crossbow the only weapon in your hand?
Love,

Dr. Agon

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your post made me lol. I fixed the hair crossbows and uploaded the correct version to dffd.  I'm not sure why firing bolts is not working for you. Are you able to shoot bolts with a store bought crossbow/bolts?  Is the crossbow the only weapon in your hand?

Not sure, I think I was still holding on to a shield, I'll have to check again later.

Hey I noticed it's missing FORGE ARMOR -> GAUNTLET recipe.

Does "craft masterwork sword" recipe even work? It sounded like I should have 10% chance to make something, so 1 in 10 tries... I attempted like 20.. not made anything.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:14:45 am by ventuz »

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I remember correctly, when I tried to make gauntlets, it would create hand non-specific ones and I had trouble wearing them. I'm not sure if having a "gauntlet" and not a "right gauntlet" or "left gauntlet" can prevent you from wearing them or not. A million other things could have caused the problem at the time. I may have been wearing too many gloves or something. I think another possibility was that when I tested the gauntlets, I could have been playing as a creature that didn't have the ability to wear gauntlets.

The sword thing should work. You probably just got unlucky.
Love,

Dr. Agon
Pages: 1 [2] 3