Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2395473 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18405 on: June 18, 2015, 04:22:01 pm »

Not sure if Milno should start having "the talk" with you in the M19 thread or in the On-ship thread. The former seems to make more sense since it keeps most of M19's info - including the aftermath - in one thread.
Let's go with M19, shall we? PW will just shout at us if he doesn't want it there, I'm sure.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18406 on: June 18, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »

M19 thread would make sense for that
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18407 on: June 18, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »

Hey guys, I just thought of something.
Snapdragon team is undergoing Fury Road time.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18408 on: June 18, 2015, 07:10:15 pm »

I've been reading the gyromitra thread. Is it just me, or does it seem that the mission would have gone as well had Miyamoto and Iveso (...wait, Iveso was a rookie? huh) gone alone? Okay, maybe the burning a landing zone part might have been harder, but then, Miya and Iveso didn't seem to need the LZ, what with flight capability.

I'm probably wrong. There are lots of factors, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:12:31 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18409 on: June 18, 2015, 07:26:07 pm »

The meatlings probably served as a distraction to keep Planet from focusing on the robot overlords.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18410 on: June 18, 2015, 08:08:52 pm »

the problem with the m20 missions is each player was generally at equal risk at all times, with no real way to protect our newbies effectively. Snapdragon's newbies basically spent the entire mission doing nothing but attempting to survive, and didn't make any significant progress towards the objective. When we finally did reach the brain, they were so burned out and bloodied up that again, their only actions were attempts to survive, with few attempts to actually take it down without destroying our objective. I think we need to avoid having a newbie leader for future missions for exactly this reason. we needed a much higher-speed attitude with an acceptance that casulties and injuries are going to happen without true recklessness, and that isn't going to be an attitude adopted by a player whose character hasn't been severely injured or killed at least once.

that and accidental nukes destroying the mission objective and forcing a mission failure as a result is kind of a thing.

it's one thing to bring a huge pack of newbies when there's an AoW to provide protection, but when your vets are all lightweight-high speed-high power types, the newbies need to be ready to run if they don't want to die.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18411 on: June 18, 2015, 08:09:02 pm »

The meatlings probably served as a distraction to keep Planet from focusing on the robot overlords.
Yes, they did a fine job dying to sniper fire.

But that was a) a very hard combat mission with mostly level 1 and 2 people in it b) a mission in a world with adapting fungi that saw the avatar, went nope and started hitting it as hard as it could. And the more Miyamoto fought back, the more dangerous the planet got. And when the planet is trying to kill an avatar and evolving based on an amp wielding avatar's attacks, people caught in the crossfire are not going to have good chances.

In a non combat or slightly easier mission, other people would have more things to do. It just that we happened to have a lot of newbies in one of our hardest missions for some reason. At least we had lots of prototypes to give them, otherwise things would had probably been much worse.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18412 on: June 18, 2015, 10:35:06 pm »

Lift newbie above my head with both arms then run down the hall until i see spazyak and throw my newbie at him.
"thank you. I will leave you be. Finally. some visitors for tea."
((I'm not sure you understand Unholy_Pariah's action. You seem to be reacting as if "throw at him" is used to mean "give to him", but I'm pretty sure he means "use Deston as a projectile weapon to knock Henk to the ground".))
I am also throwing a pipe at deston using the force infuser, it's just like baseball!
Isn't that basically the opposite of baseball?
Alan help.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18413 on: June 18, 2015, 10:37:54 pm »

Lift newbie above my head with both arms then run down the hall until i see spazyak and throw my newbie at him.
"thank you. I will leave you be. Finally. some visitors for tea."
((I'm not sure you understand Unholy_Pariah's action. You seem to be reacting as if "throw at him" is used to mean "give to him", but I'm pretty sure he means "use Deston as a projectile weapon to knock Henk to the ground".))
I am also throwing a pipe at deston using the force infuser, it's just like baseball!
Isn't that basically the opposite of baseball?
I'm sending the pipe at him while he gets ready to swing deston at me. The pipe will reach him first. Deston will get hit with the pipe while being swung like a baseball bat. Think about it.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18414 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:41 pm »

No, deston is getting thrown at you while you are going to fire a metal pipe at deston with the force of multiple kin amped punches, which aren't insignificant.
Alan help.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18415 on: June 18, 2015, 10:48:48 pm »

No, deston is getting thrown at you while you are going to fire a metal pipe at deston with the force of multiple kin amped punches, which aren't insignificant.
Oh, what sport would this best represent? Oh well. This should be fun. Also the force infuser description tells you that you can control the force that is outputted
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18416 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:14 pm »

Is it me, or is the situation on ship slowly going out of control? (Note that I have no objections in regards to IC-level interaction; that is part of the game, anyway.) Keeping Fun (and inter-character grudges) IC is all cool, until the newcomer player (NB not character) is pushed to the limit. Which I feel might be happening, and which is really uncool.

Then again, the sheriff's back in the town, apparently (automagically restored to full body, but still locked in the briefing room at the moment), so the Fun for everyone is only beginning... :P The question is, will the new player be able to wait until the fireworks start, or conclude us being assholes and bastards (quite deservedly, I'd guess) and quit on us before then?

So - OOCly, for I am concerned here with the inter-player interaction, not inter-character - Ozarck, have we offended you as players, and would you give us a chance (as a player community) to right our (collective) wrongs?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18417 on: June 18, 2015, 10:54:03 pm »

Is it me, or is the situation on ship slowly going out of control? (Note that I have no objections in regards to IC-level interaction; that is part of the game, anyway.) Keeping Fun (and inter-character grudges) IC is all cool, until the newcomer player (NB not character) is pushed to the limit. Which I feel might be happening, and which is really uncool.

Then again, the sheriff's back in the town, apparently (automagically restored to full body, but still locked in the briefing room at the moment), so the Fun for everyone is only beginning... :P The question is, will the new player be able to wait until the fireworks start, or conclude us being assholes and bastards (quite deservedly, I'd guess) and quit on us before then?

So - OOCly, for I am concerned here with the inter-player interaction, not inter-character - Ozarck, have we offended you as players, and would you give us a chance (as a player community) to right our (collective) wrongs?
If I have pushed you too far. I will stop. I will instead, kindly offer you tea instead of forcing you to drink tea. Just know that your char has better stats then mine.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18418 on: June 18, 2015, 11:13:58 pm »

Thank you for the thoughtful words Nikitian. I was a bit put out by the "I'm going to use all this neat tech to hold you hostage and steal your stuff" plan, but no, I have no beef with the player community.

Looking back, I could have handled that better. To everyone: I am sorry I acted pissy yesterday.

I did really enjoy Remille's assault, and being immediately accosted afterward by"a random guy in power armor and covered in about 20 lbs of random trophies and junk" was pretty amusing too. My current predicament is ... educational :P

I know about our stats, spazyak. I also know that you have a)a force infuser, b) a kinetic amplifier, and c) the contents of a machine shop at your disposal, while I am not currently in full control even of my own body. IC you haven't actually gone anywhere with my character yet ... so we'll see.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18419 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:57 pm »

Thank you for the thoughtful words Nikitian. I was a bit put out by the "I'm going to use all this neat tech to hold you hostage and steal your stuff" plan, but no, I have no beef with the player community.

Looking back, I could have handled that better. To everyone: I am sorry I acted pissy yesterday.

I did really enjoy Remille's assault, and being immediately accosted afterward by"a random guy in power armor and covered in about 20 lbs of random trophies and junk" was pretty amusing too. My current predicament is ... educational :P

I know about our stats, spazyak. I also know that you have a)a force infuser, b) a kinetic amplifier, and c) the contents of a machine shop at your disposal, while I am not currently in full control even of my own body. IC you haven't actually gone anywhere with my character yet ... so we'll see.
Good, and after you've been 'educated' via a metal pipe to or through the sternum, come to the bar, we'll have a drinking contest.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 2205