Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971174 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #8625 on: March 02, 2014, 02:52:00 pm »

Here are the things that that the party's abilities come under.

Main Spheres - the main two categories, @Ragnarok handles most of this
  • Creation: left over primordial power from the creation of the universe, magic by definition is this
  • Void: embodiment of emptiness, tends to manifest as teleportation and anti-creation attacks
Peripherals - stuff that doesn't fit in, @Iamanelfcollaborator handles most of this
  • Persona: a colossal fuck you to every psychiatrist that did not subscribe to C. Jung's theories
  • Superpowers: otherworldly abilities that tend to be more focused in their role than magic
The Twilight - the miscellaneous stuff, @Empiricist handles most of this
  • Fate: false-vacuum metastability event combined with lovecraftian traits and nihilism
  • Wall Street: the economics of literally everything
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:54:11 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: March 02, 2014, 02:55:29 pm »

That was a plot? I thought it was a character introduction.
Bit of a gray area. The same could be said about the Arthurian quest and Lunette. Or the Isis quest and Neferis.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: March 02, 2014, 02:59:06 pm »

I don't think Lunette was meant to happen though. Plus Neferis's player and the plot's GM are different people.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: March 02, 2014, 03:02:03 pm »

the arthurian quest had a lot more stuff going on than lunette though, and neferis is literaly a "crap, I didnt think they'd do that" moment, that was solved in a very funny and interesting way. Neferis was the best thing that came out of that plot. Which makes me wonder wether or not all plots should include something for Kyle to chat up and try to get pregnant. we need a dragonness that likey to experiment asap
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: March 02, 2014, 03:03:17 pm »

I don't think Lunette was meant to happen though. Plus Neferis's player and the plot's GM are different people.
the arthurian quest had a lot more stuff going on than lunette though, and neferis is literaly a "crap, I didnt think they'd do that" moment, that was solved in a very funny and interesting way.
Again, it's a continuum.

Which makes me wonder wether or not all plots should include something for Kyle to chat up and try to get pregnant. we need a dragonness that likey to experiment asap
If Kyle wants some dragon tail, he'll have to work for it. Step one: Learn how to distinguish between draconic genders.

((ICARUS specificaly removed her bracelet before discussing that, dont shoehorn Will into knowing this somehow. Also, they were not dreams, nor does she sleep. Remember that she is AI, the body is juts a vessel. When her mind is uploaded to the IRIS server for backups and combat simulation, she is awake the entire time, and it's as real, if not more real, than what happens when she is in the ICARUS-05 unit. The difference is that the perception of time changes as that computer is billions times faster))
1. I couldn't remember the openness of that thing. Um, maybe the person she was discussing it with revealed the secret to someone and it spread?
2. A digitally-generated rose smells just as sweet with properly-programmed odor modules.
3. "t's as real, if not more real, than what happens when she is in the ICARUS-05 unit." Pretty much how dreams work. Down to the time changing, albeit not to that extent. Which seems a bit beyond modern computing capabilities, but eh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: March 02, 2014, 03:06:07 pm »

except you tend to forget dreams almost instantly, and except for rare occurances, you have no controle over your actions in your dreams. If they become overly unpleasant, you wake up. None of these apply for ICARUS.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: March 02, 2014, 03:18:55 pm »

I have pretty decent control over my dreams. Unless it only feels like I'm controlling my dreams, but technically it only feels like I'm controlling my body. I also remember dreams about as well as any other specific event: If it's interesting, I remember the details, otherwise I remember general stuff.

And it doesn't have to be exactly the same for Will to point out that IRIS more or less made a sleeping robot.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: March 02, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »

except it's not sleep, neither in symptoms nor in functions

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: March 02, 2014, 03:25:45 pm »

What is its function, then?

And I'd say the symptoms are as similar as it can get for a robot. What more do you want? ICARUS can't breathe, doesn't have eyes to close, and would angrily reject down pillows.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: March 02, 2014, 03:38:24 pm »

well, the real difference is that first you get tired, then you gently fall unconscious and lay there for a while until you are no longer tired and return to consciousness.

for 5 minutes, the "body" of ICARUS stands still, because the actual ICARUS, her mind, is simply not present in that vessel. It instead becomes active in some sort of virtual reality, while IRIS makes a backup copy and some standard analysis stuff. Best compared with that server-stuff our group does. During that time, time perception is slowed down considerably, so entire conversations can be had without even a second fully passing. When our group gets on that server, they are hardly asleep, are they?

there is neither tiredness nor unconsciousness involved. Of course one might confuse it as sleep, thinking hey, her body isn't moving for 5 minutes, must be sleep, but as ICARUS pointed out before, that black and white humanoid machine made of metal and plastic enhanced with boron-nitrate fibers is not actually the entity ICARUS, it's more like a fully body protesis, a set of clothes, a car. Like when Will is eating a cereal, he is clearly not the spoon.

it's a bit difficult to wrap your mind around it, as it is a concept fundamentaly different from most life forms.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: March 02, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »

1. ICARUS is not conscious of the outside world. Dreamers are not conscious of the outside world.
2. ICARUS hallucinates some stuff not related to the outside reality. That's essentially what a dream is.
3. ICARUS is unresponsive to outside stimuli, like deep sleepers are.
4. Aside from duration and mechanism, that's basically all there is to sleep.

Say all you like that ICARUS's body is just a full-body prosthesis for it. You know why? My body is an all-organic prosthesis. It's really the same thing.
Sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: March 02, 2014, 03:57:30 pm »

Which would be poisonous first: The lemon juice, the sugar, or the water?

Pretty sure the sugar, although all of them eventually

also I am on the IRC
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: March 02, 2014, 04:02:38 pm »

1. ICARUS is not conscious of the outside world because in a VR, she has no eyes or ears or any sensors avaiable to gain data of the outside world. The IRIS servers won't allow it.
2. ICARUS is not halluzinating. She is interacting with events create by a programm.
3. She is fully responsive to outside stimuli, she just doesn't get any, as her set of eyes and other sensors is thousands of miles away.

it's really not the same thing, as your mind is actively tied to your body. no seperation can happen, and your mind being inside your body is the default state, thats how it started and thats how it will end. It's fundamentaly different from how ICARUS functions. If it helps, imagine a tiny little electronic girl inside the robots head that is pulling on levers and pushing buttons. When the body is on stand-by, that's simply because ICARUS is not at home. So far however, there aren't many places she can go anyway, as hardly any hardware is actually capable of hosting her. So far, only the ICARUS bodies, and she only has the authorization, that is to say the *keys* for the 05 unit, and the IRIS server that runs the combat testing, backup and analysis. And she doesn't even go there quite as often anymore, since she gained the ability to refuse orders.
I suppose she might be able to fully function on the groups server space thing, not sure how she would look in there

((I am also on the IRC))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: March 02, 2014, 04:06:17 pm »

Actually Lunette was meant to happen though, for various OOC and IC reasons. I needed another character since Ester is still in Australia and has no reason to move to France, and Neferis is passive as heck. Plus Lunette is going to be the plot hook for my next plot too.

Neferis was the best thing that came out of that plot.

Come on, the plot was way better than that. :P

-Arthurian Realm: went off without a hitch aside from the slight debate over the realm being inaccessible.

In more ways than one... Also, I should yell at Cado to get Selina to make Will's dimension machine for reasons.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: March 02, 2014, 04:08:55 pm »

Name: Robert R. Dubois

Level 0
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stats (75)

Str: 5
End: 5
Dex: 15
Mag: 0
Mind: 50

Health: 105
Mana: 500

Robert Robert Dubois is an average member of the Homo Sapiens Sapiens species. He enjoys his work as a salesman for a small house insurance firm based in Lyon. His hobbies include tending to his rose garden, reading science fiction novels, not being mistaken for an alien octopus robot probe from space, and writing and reciting poetry. He hopes to some day marry and have children then grandchildren of his own. His long term goals include plans to retire early and move to some cozy home in the countryside. His greatest fears include wasps, goverment agents, taxes, flutes, and meeting the alien octopus robot probe that has been sighted in the area recently.

Power: Robert is a perfectly normal and average Human creature, with no strange or alien powers whatsoever. What, you aren't convinced? Well... Now you are. Feel silly for doubting what Robert was, yeah? Hell, if Robert were, hypothetically, a supermodel, or the President of the United States, or maybe just a plain old rock, I guarantee you'd be convinced that that was in fact what he was too.
((The power is the ability to convince anyone that he is anything. Basically, disguise through mind control.))

Soundtrack for this character, courtesy of Akroma: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAwPi5BD7Ys

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:26:40 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1030