Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4288 4289 [4290] 4291 4292 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8774765 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64335 on: July 31, 2013, 11:03:50 am »

I like watching a good documentary from time to time, but it's sad when you open up a documentary and start watching, only to learn that it is not unbiased in any sense of the word, instead only focusing on the terrible horrors of whatever the subject is. (Of course, I'm only ten minutes in, maybe it will change.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64336 on: July 31, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »

I dislike the documentaries where something happens like a lion cub has its back broken and is abandoned by its mother (yes, this happened in one)

I used to want to film nature documentaries when I was younger, too. This kind of thing put an end to it.
I likely posted about it earlier, but I was at a science museum last week watching a documentary on polar bears, and the entire movie was basically about how polar bear males will eat their babies, and they just followed this mother running through pretty ice sheets as papa bears would chase after her. It was terrible!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64337 on: July 31, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »

When i first wake up usually the only decision my brain makes is "Screw this i need more sleep"
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64338 on: July 31, 2013, 04:02:10 pm »

I likely posted about it earlier, but I was at a science museum last week watching a documentary on polar bears, and the entire movie was basically about how polar bear males will eat their babies, and they just followed this mother running through pretty ice sheets as papa bears would chase after her. It was terrible!
... yeah. Extinction rate, environmental degradation, etc., so forth, so on. I'm not so sure there's going to be much in the way of happy nature documentaries, going forward :-\

They could play on a happiness in the face of adversity angle or somethin'. Welcome to the reality of post-apocalyptic nature films, I guess... we don't have rad roaches, yet, but the bears have turned to cannibalism. The future is now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64339 on: July 31, 2013, 04:05:34 pm »

I dislike the documentaries where something happens like a lion cub has its back broken and is abandoned by its mother (yes, this happened in one)

I used to want to film nature documentaries when I was younger, too. This kind of thing put an end to it.
I guess there's two kinds of people then. When I saw documentaries where nature killed nature it just piqued my interest. My primary school teachers at one point began wondering why I was drawing all these big cats eating antelopes, my parents just said Nat Geo's to blame :P
Which is also quite odd in that at the same time I was also dismayed by animal suffering caused by humans. Like my grandmother beheading chickens and driving stakes through crabs. But komodos ambushing baby goats? Fascinating.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64340 on: July 31, 2013, 04:17:59 pm »

Quote from: From IRC
"There are three things you can do with your life: enhance it, change it, or take it. Pick one, and the first two don't count.

I'm disappointed and rather hurt, Bay12.
Took me a moment to get it. Now I'm sad AND a little angry.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64341 on: July 31, 2013, 04:23:08 pm »

"There are three things you can do with your life: enhance it, change it, or take it. Pick one, and the first two don't count.
Option 4: Live it, too many options to list besides the one that covers them all.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64342 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:37 pm »

I would give anything, just about anything, to have someone to talk to right now in a telephone conversation of sorts or even person-to-person. You know, just to know that I wasn't dreaming and that I'm not a fictive of my own imagination. I tried calling my friend and he's not responding and I tried calling my mother and she's not responding either. I would go outside but that's too large of a scale and at the same time not large enough. I just want to know if I'm real or not.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64343 on: July 31, 2013, 04:41:02 pm »

You're not real MadMalkavian, you're a figment of your own imagination, which in turn is a figment of my own imagination. THIS ISN'T REAL.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64344 on: July 31, 2013, 04:41:49 pm »

You're not real MadMalkavian, you're a figment of your own imagination, which in turn is a figment of my own imagination. THIS ISN'T REAL.

the fact nothing is real but everything is true is actually a big part of learning how to wizard

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #64345 on: July 31, 2013, 04:43:12 pm »

Your imagination is a figment of MY imagination. You are real, though.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #64346 on: July 31, 2013, 04:43:25 pm »

Took me a moment to get it. Now I'm sad AND a little angry.
And this is why I don't go on there anymore
It's FEF, not FEOF

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64347 on: July 31, 2013, 04:45:25 pm »

Eh, just put (User that said the comment in the first place) on the ignore list via the /ignore function. Works wonders when you have folks like that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64348 on: July 31, 2013, 04:47:07 pm »

I don't find this funny. I find it makes me want to punch my fridge.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64349 on: July 31, 2013, 04:47:52 pm »

I don't find this funny.
I guess we have different senses of humor then, because I find it marginally funny.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4288 4289 [4290] 4291 4292 ... 8156