Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 381864 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #570 on: August 29, 2015, 06:07:28 am »

Well alot of the time the rules are just "be timely, don't do x (usually trap halls/atomsmashers,) and do x (such as make sure x number of dwarves fill a burrow for thier overlords.)"

As to the fiction, well, this is why slowdowns like this are best avoided.

Otherwise The Curse of Spearbreakers rears it's mug-shaped head.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 29, 2015, 06:17:44 am »

Well alot of the time the rules are just "be timely, don't do x (usually trap halls/atomsmashers,) and do x (such as make sure x number of dwarves fill a burrow for thier overlords.)"

Well, I was trying to rely on people's ability to manage their time. Didn't turn out too well... Even though me suddenly losing interest is another issue.

I also feel kinda bad for leaving Blackhold. I mean, it must have been too much for a noob like me, to manage such an elaborate fortess and meet your standarts.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:20:16 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2015, 06:23:50 am »

You were doing pretty good actually. I mean I have no problem with picking up the save I handed off and continuing (been meaning to ask about that,) but I did find it amusing we were losing soldiers to gnomes more than any other enemy.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 29, 2015, 06:30:23 am »

I still have the save on me, though I need to revise my tactics first. I mean, gathering up soldiers before the attack, using burrows more actively... Good thing about sucession fortresses with experienced players is that they usually have a shitton of resourses, which I can spend ineffectively for stupid things.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 29, 2015, 06:52:03 am »

I'll be honest, I tend to cheat when it comes time to muster the troopers (after which, switch off fastdwarf, and whatever happens happens - hence several screwdriver related casualties in my parts.) It's more to avoid the typical AI related issue of guys running off one-by-one to get massacred than anything though.

As to this place, Taupe is next right? If so, me have good feeling about this.

EDIT: Speaking of which, there's a sufficient gap so I may reserve a third turn to inevitably re-fix the militia since I'm sure it'll be a horrid mess by then. But I'll let Mr Frog decide how far down I have to be for a third go since he runs the show.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2015, 12:23:49 pm »

In fact, game-related fiction in this thread amuses me more than the succession game itself. Also, the last two or three of my own games were abandoned, not because of lack of interest, but rather the overabundance of rules and such.

Thinking about starting an Ms Paint adventure or something like that.

Do it. DO IT.

I'm also having fun with the out-of-fortress pieces, although I remember someone bitching about Spearbreakers having too many of them. Think I'm gonna have the next one at least be vaguely-relevant to the fort.

Also, sorry that your story got kind of swallowed by the drama. I liked it, although the bit about blood magic makes me want to caution you against letting Blackie have too many powers. I don't like shackling people, but if one person has a powerful character then EVERYONE wants a powerful character, and of course theirs always has to be the MOST powerful, which gets silly very quickly as everyone tries to one-up each other (highlights from Spearbreakers include a literal cyborg made of adamantine).

Also, I kind of wish the bit with Sethe was a standalone piece, as (as I've mentioned before) I find mind-tampering-y stuff delightfully horrifying (and I'm assuming that's what was going on there what with the personality change and all).

I'll be honest, I tend to cheat when it comes time to muster the troopers

Please do not do that here. I'm sure you can figure something else out. Use your imagination! :D

Speaking of which, there's a sufficient gap so I may reserve a third turn to inevitably re-fix the militia since I'm sure it'll be a horrid mess by then. But I'll let Mr Frog decide how far down I have to be for a third go since he runs the show.

Sure. I'll just add you to the end since, as you say, there is a significant gap between your turns.

Also, since you mentioned earlier that you didn't have any story ideas since political conspiracy wasn't really your cup of tea... we do have at least two large-scale military conflicts in progress -- the escalating conflict with the banshees resulting from our intrusion on their territory, and the age-old simmering war against the Spawn to hold the line against their northern advancement. I think that might be more your speed.

E: Also there's the fact that I am 99% sure that cherry-hearts managed to start a war with either the elves or the humans or both. And the goblins are a thing too. So maybe even FIVE wars going on.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:27:46 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 29, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »

So it's my turn huh? I'm currently in the process of rebooting the Murderflood reboot. Not sure exactly how long that'll take. Id imagine finishing the embatrs preps tonight, and playing throught the year from monday to wednesday. Thursday will be my day off this week, si expect the first part of Clobbermountains that evening, september 3rd. I'll be working extensively on the weekend. The rest of the turn will be played between monday through wednesday, unless real life gets complicated. Final write up and save should be done on the 9th, worst case scenario the tenth of september.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 29, 2015, 12:41:00 pm »

So it's my turn huh? I'm currently in the process of rebooting the Murderflood reboot. Not sure exactly how long that'll take. Id imagine finishing the embatrs preps tonight, and playing throught the year from monday to wednesday. Thursday will be my day off this week, si expect the first part of Clobbermountains that evening, september 3rd. I'll be working extensively on the weekend. The rest of the turn will be played between monday through wednesday, unless real life gets complicated. Final write up and save should be done on the 9th, worst case scenario the tenth of september.

Five days seems like a while to go without a proper update... Hm. I'll message mikethete and then ImagoDeo, and if one of the two is available I'll bump you back so you hopefully won't be caught at with a prior commitment next time. Besides, I'd really rather you have time to take a break between the two rather than having to play two turns in two separate forts back-to-back :V

E: Actually, it looks like ImagoDeo hasn't been on here for a few days, so if mikethete doesn't respond within 48 hours the next in line is Splint. Is that okay with Splint?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:46:22 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 29, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »

By the time you wait two days for an answer and then wait for people to play and do a write-up, I'd already be done with the first part of my turn. Just sayin'.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 29, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »

By the time you wait two days for an answer and then wait for people to play and do a write-up, I'd already be done with the first part of my turn. Just sayin'.

Well, mikethete might answer promptly. Maybe. He doesn't seem very active but he has been on in the past couple days... if he still hasn't been on the forums by tomorrow I'll make other plans. You'll likely be busy with Murderflood until then so I have a bit of leeway, but if nobody's claimed the save by the time you're free then, sure, go ahead and take it :V

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 29, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

Well, mikethete might answer promptly. Maybe. He doesn't seem very active but he has been on in the past couple days... if he still hasn't been on the forums by tomorrow I'll make other plans. You'll likely be busy with Murderflood until then so I have a bit of leeway, but if nobody's claimed the save by the time you're free then, sure, go ahead and take it :V

I lurk more then I post. I also have the save and will start on the turn as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:33:39 pm by mikethete »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 29, 2015, 01:42:13 pm »

I lurk more then I post. I also have the save and will start on the turn as soon as possible.

Yeah, I figured as much. I'll fiddle with the turn order now.

Also, again, please make sure that you've at least skimmed the rules -- tl;dr check in with us every day or so* with in-character writeups every few days, do not make me constantly have to get up your ass or so help me, please use ASCII only (custom ASCII like what I used is acceptable). Happy Frog is back but his patience is yet running thin.

E: *At minimum, the more OOC status reports the better as long as they culminate in an in-character writeup.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:44:47 pm by Mr Frog »

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 29, 2015, 02:29:12 pm »

There seems to be a minor GCS problem in the caverns, and my fps is somewhat good.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 29, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »

Capyture them so we might build web traps for out obsidian hearted friends.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 29, 2015, 04:18:47 pm »

I'll be honest, I tend to cheat when it comes time to muster the troopers

Please do not do that here. I'm sure you can figure something else out. Use your imagination! :D

Speaking of which, there's a sufficient gap so I may reserve a third turn to inevitably re-fix the militia since I'm sure it'll be a horrid mess by then. But I'll let Mr Frog decide how far down I have to be for a third go since he runs the show.

Sure. I'll just add you to the end since, as you say, there is a significant gap between your turns.

Also, since you mentioned earlier that you didn't have any story ideas since political conspiracy wasn't really your cup of tea... we do have at least two large-scale military conflicts in progress -- the escalating conflict with the banshees resulting from our intrusion on their territory, and the age-old simmering war against the Spawn to hold the line against their northern advancement. I think that might be more your speed.

E: Also there's the fact that I am 99% sure that cherry-hearts managed to start a war with either the elves or the humans or both. And the goblins are a thing too. So maybe even FIVE wars going on.

I'll have you know I was referring to Blackhold and I only do that because it's a long-ass run to the front gate from the barracks there.

As to setting something up, if anyone can give me a general idea (numbers involved, and such,) I could give something a shot.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 140