Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 381423 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1440 on: April 14, 2016, 12:49:54 am »

Sorry I vanished for a bit, dudes -- was really tired for the past couple days. Gonna send Taupe a PM shortly.
Im here. I just don't really have access to my own stuff right now. The only thing worse than fire is bureaucracy.

Not only did my clothes burn, but the team that took our belongings to clean them three weeks ago hasn't started cleaning them. Because they lack the required autorisatiin... to clean blankets...?

One team was to tear down the walls but they bailed because they lacked the proper access from another branch of insurance. When they finally took these walls down, they complained shortly after that the cleanup team did a messy job because they didnt clear they inside of the walls. The cleanup occured weeks ago, and you took the wall down half an hour ago, dimwit, maybe thats why.

This is such a clusterfuck...
Hang on, did taupe's house burn down? If so when did he mention it first? Also, i'm very, very sorry to hear that your house has burned down, or whatever happened.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 14, 2016, 01:22:04 am »

I believe it was his basement, not the whole house.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:32:23 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 14, 2016, 11:05:28 am »

Just the basement, but my room and the living room are there. The fire itself didnt affect too many rooms (two) but there was a fuckton of smoke and we have to replace mostly every wall, since the whole floor is basically soaked black. People are tearing apart my bedroom to replace them as I type this.

The damage isnt too great but neither is the efficiency of the workers, contractors, or insurance agents dispatched to our case. Imagine looking at unskilled dwarven kids picking up construction job for a whole house. They are very slow, very confused, anything will interrupt their task... Sometimes a mysterious bug prevents a task from being done. Or they give up to get a drink, or because of pathfinding issue.

Oh did you think I was joking getting a drink? Yesterday a bunch of maintenance girls showed up for vacuming. They didnt have bags for the vacuum cleaner ( which is a major oversight when you are a vacuum operator) so they left for an hour. As soon as they return from the hour long bag grabing trip, they re-leave for another hour to grab a coffee. Im not payung for them as insurances are covering the whole thing, but thst also means I have no control over who does what when.

TLDR: Part of the basement burned, most of the basement must be replaced, we are fine and healthy, but incompetence and bureaucracy are bringing progress to a crawl.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:09:21 am by Taupe »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 16, 2016, 11:57:49 pm »

So, um, quick update:

This thread isn't dead. Yet. In light of Taupe's lamentable situation Dolosus (or anyone else should he not be willing to step up) is free to take the save whenever it happens to be convenient for them. I'm loathe to remove Taupe from the turn list considering all the hype his signing up generated, but if it's really that bad on his end then I'm not sure if I really want to dump yet another potential stressor onto him.

Barring all that, standard "oh shit we're out of players" protocols apply should nobody volunteer. Wait a few weeks, give the fort an official ending if no takers, blah blah blah.

I'm really sorry to hear all of that, Taupe. It sounds like a real mess.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 17, 2016, 09:52:09 am »

Shit Taupe, I'm really sorry to hear about all of that. Best wishes with the reconstruction, and I hope that all of the workers spontaneously get in order.

Anyways, I can pick up the save and start playing tomorrow.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 18, 2016, 07:32:25 pm »

Erm, we have a bit of a problem.

When I play DF, I usually use my laptop. So I was overseeing the fort and had made it about two months in when I noticed I was on low battery. Now this is odd, because my laptop is most surely plugged into the wall via the charger. I check the cord's power adapter and... the fuse has gone out. Lovely. At the most optimistic view, the new adapter won't arrive at my house for about a week. I can't play with my desktop because it can only play DF at single-digit fps due to it being really really old. Essentially, this means I can't play DF for a week at the very least.

tl;dr version: My computer broke.

Sorry guys, I have to throw in the towel.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:07:23 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 18, 2016, 07:43:06 pm »

Erm, we have a bit of a problem.

When I play DF, I usually use my laptop. So I was overseeing the fort and had made it about two months in when I noticed I was on low battery. Now this is odd, because my laptop is most surely plugged into the wall via the charger. I check the cord's power adapter and... the fuse has gone out. Lovely. At the most optimistic view, the new adapter won't arrive at my house for about a week. I can't play with my desktop because it can only play DF at single-digit fps due to it being really really old. Essentially, this means I can't play DF for a week at the very least.

tl;dr version: My computer broke.

Sorry guys, I have to throw in the towel.

What I'm getting from this is that we may or may not have now killed our second computer
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 18, 2016, 07:51:55 pm »

We killed a power brick, not an entire computer...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 18, 2016, 07:53:28 pm »

shhhh

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 18, 2016, 09:05:59 pm »

For intents and purposes, that means the score is still Clobbermountains: 2. Computers: 0

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 18, 2016, 10:55:19 pm »

For intents and purposes, that means the score is still Clobbermountains: 2. Computers: 0

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 19, 2016, 04:20:31 am »

I would help with this, but i have heaps and heaps of sh*t that needs getting done. Call me on... June.3
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 19, 2016, 04:56:58 am »

*Sighs*

Shall I continue with my administration?

Or do we give it a proper ending instead?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:25:26 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 19, 2016, 07:37:37 am »

This is a slow period. As soon as June starts people will be pooring to every succession fort they can find to get a turn. Just give it time. I wanna see where this goes.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 19, 2016, 11:47:42 am »

Agreed.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 140