Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

About arrows

(1/2) > >>

utunnels:
I noticed in fortress games, enemies can still move around when your fired  arrows are still travelling. But in adventure mode, they are all in one turn. Maybe you or/and the enemies can't move while the arrow is flying?
If so, that make ranged weapons more dangerous in adventure mode.

Haedrian:
quote: If so, that make ranged weapons more dangerous in adventure mode. Currently an arrow is THE most damaging way to die, AND it can be done at a range.Why do you want more dangerious ranged weapons?

utunnels:
Ah, sorry for my wrong words.    :p
I mean 'because of that (you can't move while the arrow is flying), ranged weapons in adventure mode are more dangerous than in fortress mode'[ August 09, 2007: Message edited by: utunnels ]

ColonelTEE3:
I think in fortress mode, it works the same way, but all at once without stop (except of course when you pause) so enemies aren't actually walking around arrows, they are dodging bolts/dwarves are missing their shots.

Deathworks:
Hi!Well, that could be verified if someone had lots of marksdwarves and then single-stepped in fortress mode (I am sorry, I currently have only a young fortress (I deleted the entire 'save' directory to get a new start) with but one hunter and my private machine is not connected to the internet, so it would take a lot of time for me to check).Deathworks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version