Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: War against the Elves, Community Adventuring Party  (Read 9373 times)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War against the Elves, Community Adventuring Party
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 05:35:39 pm »

Nice story!
I am glad to be useful, hehe :)

Edit: I just noticed "The Elf slams into you!" lines.
Next time don't stand behind the victims of my hammer if you don't want to become an unrecognizable mass... ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:52:49 pm by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 06:05:30 pm »

I think Vactor's death has already been foreshadowed, either that or the running gag of things dying after being slammed into him.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 06:26:19 pm »

If you need another meat sheild adventer, then I am in.

Kolaristh
Blowgun Lizard

If the blowgun damage is blunt then it should be able knock away people :)

Tafferling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 07:09:42 pm »

Yay! I killed a lizard thing!

How do you plan to refill the bowmen's arrows when they empty their quivers?

CaveBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 07:35:41 pm »

These are all adventures, and we are fighting elves. I can easily pluck one out of retirement to grab arrows from the ground at the battlefields, or go collect loot to sell to the lizards for copper arrows/ sling bullets.  The marksdwarves might be tougher to refill, as dwarves don't have shop keepers, there are some rather closeby human towns, and I'm pretty sure humans can be crossbowmen. (goes to the raws to check; Yes hey can! So they should have bolts).

Ee'Nutcase started without any arrows, and during his battlefield scrounging found 3 nearly full quivers, and a *<<Willow Bow>>*

The next update will also shed some light as to how I plan to restock the archers' arrow supply.
Praise the Miners! You have discovered an Underground Cavern!
You have struck Cave Bacon!

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 02:14:18 pm »

Can I get a place in line? Bondun, the Axelizard who thinks he is a dwarf! Barely able to use a shield, and only slightly better in armor skill, Bondun has focused nearly all his training in the axe!

Arrows will make short work of him, probably, but he'll die charging toward the enemy at full speed!

CaveBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 02:40:08 pm »

Sure!  I like the (almost) pure axe skill use build!

also, an update:

Warlord's Log: 12th of Sandstone, 301
I have found a suitable candidate for an archer among the peasants, Shoruke the hunter was honored at the chance to fight against the elven menace.

Although Shrouke's archery skills are quite sufficient, she will require some training with shields and armor before being able to survive in battle, and as such will be exempted from the skirmishes against the elves.

Shoruke's Log: 15th of Sandstone, 301

I've been hand-picked by the warlord to participate in an attack against the elves, this should provide a welcome break from hum-drum "go shoot us a hawk for dinner" village life, after all, I've always wanted to travel the world.

The crazy elf that we've picked up came up to me today, smiling wide, he said, in an annoying sing-song voice "I've hidden a full quiver of arrows somewhere in this town, and I bet you can't fiiind it!!"  (And in fact, he was missing one of the three quivers of arrows that he normally caries around with him).
Stupid nutzo elf.  Nevertheless, I'm a sucker for good arrows, and I accepted his silly little challenge.

Now to find the stupid things.

(later)
By the Ancestors that was a stupid wild goose chase! Didn't find squat.

Oh well, I'll have better luck getting arrows form the elves, and it's not like I don't have at least 50 copper ones anyway.

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:52:12 pm by CaveBacon »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 03:24:48 pm »

Sweet, I have my own story!  ;D

Can I see my profile please? And thanks.

P.S. mwehehe... shoossssting ze elfsssss...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CaveBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 04:09:49 pm »

I'll post Shoruke after this next bit:

Zak's log:
17th of Sandstone, 301
It's been a week since Ko and the two humans returned from their raid against the elves, and now it be time for me t'lead me own raid.
The Warlord told me that it be my job t' keep an eye on the Ee'Nutcase, and that's why I was assigned to have him along, as a test of his loyalty.

The other person whom I'm to bring with me is Stryke, the human swordsman.  Anyone who can wield a sword taller than a dwarf AND a shield is a valuable warrior in my books.

In other news, the high priest got attacked by two cave bats this morning, and he strangled them. Again. It tends to happen about every week or so.
One of the priests was badly injured by a monitor lizard, before the high pirest and Ko saved him.

Finally found Ee'Nutcase, wandering around the keep.  We're off to the elf encampment.

After a rather uneventful march (if you count only having to chop one monitor lizard to bits on the way uneventful), we arrived at the elf encampment.

No sooner than we arrived than we saw an elf wearing a bizarre hooded cape, which Ee'Nutcase told me was the Druid.

Forget skirmishing, this just turned into an assassination mission!

Arrg, that does it! This elf is going to die! Well, even more than before!

Ee'Nutcase has proven his loyalty to us! He fought at my side against his own Druid!
Although What good it did, I don't know, because my axe made short work of that poncy elf (I mean the Druid, not Ee'Nutcase).

Watching a dying elf flying through the trees from the axeblow that struck it down is a sight that I will never tire of.

Now let's get the hell out of here before the Armok-damned archers kill us.

... Ee'nutcase and Stryke apparently didn't get the idea.  Ee'Nutcase ran off into the forest, shouting "I get to kill one, too!", and Stryke followed shouting "Damned if I vill leave without bloodying my sword!"
Note to self: find smarter companions.

Oh great! now Nutcase has lost even more teeth!

***Continued next post***
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:45:35 am by CaveBacon »

CaveBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 04:19:29 pm »

.... alright, no clue what even happened here.  The guards started fighting each other, guess one was confused when he saw another attacking a fellow elf.

Damn, Ee'Nutcase ain't movin'.  The only thing left to do now is exact vengeance for the loss of a true ally.

Ow, the guard that killed Ee'Nutcase is strong! 

I'll have to backup, and throw things at him.  Hm... can't find any rocks, Oh! Wait! Ee'nutcase always carried arrows with him!, I'll use those! Talk about poetic justice, HAHAHA!

Aye! Take that!

Hahahaha!!! HAHAHAHA!!! ALL ELVES MUST DIE!!! AHAHAHA!!  IT'S TIMES LIKE THIS I LOVE BE'IN A DWARF AAAHAHAHA!!

Blood! Blood!!! BLOOD FOR ARMOK!

Phew, that was a good fight.
Right, so after leaving the encampment I got back to town, and the warlord asked me if I had succeeded in killing an elf, and I answered: "Boy did I."

I described the elves that I'd killed, and The lizardmen were in shock.  Three of the elves had been born before the year 5.
This means that because of me, and *sniff* Ee'Nutcase, three elves will never see thier 300th birthday, and 2 will never see their 100th!  I feel like a proper Dwarf!

The warlord has agreed to put Ee'Nutcase's whip on display in the town meadhall in a memory of our ally.

</story>
Ee'nutcase kinda had to die, because he started a civil war when he attacked another elf. (the whole cycle of entity member attacks other entity member and becomes an enemy of the entity, while remaining a member of it, and is attacked by nearby entity members...)
All the elves in the civil war were killed, mostly by that one guard... after killing Ee'nutcase, the guard started flashing, I think he was a legendary swords-elf, because he parried every axeblow i swung at him and hit like 3 times for each time Zak swung :o no match for a thrown cedar arrow, though.

CaveBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 04:56:45 pm »

Yes, I am triple-posting, I'm an awful person :) .

Here's Shoruke

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 08:01:04 pm »

Nah, it's good.

Seems Ko is the sensible one of the group. Odd trait to find in a Melee Masher. then again, he is likely very religious.

Ko: Damn, more lizards...
 Villager: The priests are being attacked!
 Ko: GLARRGLLH! MUST DIE!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 09:28:10 pm »

Stryke can't possibly have a french accent. I thought more of a brittish accent. Anyhow. What happend to our human swordsmen? And did he score any kills?

CaveBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 09:45:12 pm »

Oops, I was trying to make the humans sound vaguely eastern-european  :)

Stryke made no kills because he didn't fight anything.  He is not hostile to the elf civ yet, but will be in the actual battle when he sees the other two humans being attacked.

I can't wait till adventurer parties are implemented as an entity, it'll make 'wars' like these a lit easier.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 10:00:10 pm »

Wars? A little more like skirmishs*. Until you can get more then 8, and more around 50 that is. That would be so awesome. It would make raids on Dark Fortresses much more chaotic then they need to be. Which is still awesome.

Anyhow, yeah, no frenchie for stryke. How about a scottish accent?! That would be AWESOME!

*Even with the elves numbering at least 30 or 40, most are civilians, and the guards are idiots. The only thing that sucks about fighting elves is archers. Bows are so overpowered. And its not just the pierceing. Since when are arrows able to pierce through a body?! Lodge its self deep of course but..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6