Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 286578 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: The Coupe of Modded Hell (Things are about to get real around here)
« Reply #1380 on: August 03, 2018, 02:09:42 am »

The "Demon King" is the ruler of the Koopa civilization.  So yeah, you've basically just got six-armed metal Bowser joining your fort and Modded Hell is now the capital of the realm.  How that happened is anyone's guess.

Have you uncovered magma yet?  You need magma to set up a proper gem charge point, and I don't think it will show up in the menu until you have it.

Both charged gems and Azoth are essential for most of Koopa alchemy.  Reactions include making potions, creating obsidian, making "fire stones" (which allow you to spawn lava pits anywhere) and making carmot (the Philosopher's Stone), which can in turn be used for changing metals into gold and gold into shining gold.  And also creating minions, assuming that still works.  Normally Koopas can only get Azoth by dissolving shining coins in alcohol, but if you gave them the vim reactions you have an easier (if riskier) method.

"Ignis et Azoth tibi sufficiunt"

Drakolyn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 03, 2018, 06:00:23 am »

Again, I've been playing around with this mod pack, and it seems, probably due to an oversight, or just my file being weird, for some unexplainable reason, koopas can do the Vim reaction, and it still weirds
Me out

So the choice is yours what you'd do with alchemy

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 03, 2018, 01:16:37 pm »

You spelled "coup" FINAL AND ULTIMATE WELL DESERVED SELF INFLICTED DAMNATION wrong.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 03, 2018, 03:57:00 pm »

So it turns out coupe with an 'e' is a type of small car, but at this point I don't feel like changing it.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 03, 2018, 04:00:57 pm »

I have been following this with great enjoyment. Can I be koopaed and made one of the tyromancers?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 03, 2018, 06:50:20 pm »

Can do, once I'm done with my overly complicated idea for an airlock. Any particular role you want to have in the offshoot fort of tyromancers?

Drakolyn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 04, 2018, 08:10:57 pm »

The "Demon King" is the ruler of the Koopa civilization.  So yeah, you've basically just got six-armed metal Bowser joining your fort and Modded Hell is now the capital of the realm.  How that happened is anyone's guess.

Have you uncovered magma yet?  You need magma to set up a proper gem charge point, and I don't think it will show up in the menu until you have it.

Both charged gems and Azoth are essential for most of Koopa alchemy.  Reactions include making potions, creating obsidian, making "fire stones" (which allow you to spawn lava pits anywhere) and making carmot (the Philosopher's Stone), which can in turn be used for changing metals into gold and gold into shining gold.  And also creating minions, assuming that still works.  Normally Koopas can only get Azoth by dissolving shining coins in alcohol, but if you gave them the vim reactions you have an easier (if riskier) method.

"Ignis et Azoth tibi

Hey sorry if I'm annoying but how do you dissolve the coins, I've tried every workshop and can't figure it out

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 04, 2018, 09:42:57 pm »

Dissolving coins in gold is the way koopa alchemy used to work. These days it's more complicated, and involves producing carmot from various alchemical ingredients. Looks like you need potash, pyrite, rock salt, and shining coins to make carmot as part of a multi step process, then dissolve that in quicksilver to make azoth, which can be brewed into various arcane potions. Having access to a toad extractor simplifies that drastically, even if it doesn't make much sense.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 05, 2018, 02:53:30 am »

Having access to a toad extractor simplifies that drastically, even if it doesn't make much sense.

Toad extracting as in animal dissection, or toad extracting as in genocidal mushroom-headed humanoid life essence harvesting?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 05, 2018, 04:03:02 am »

This kind:

If only there were a way to require a reaction have caged prisoners nearby without using dfhack.
I guess you could transform toads into creatures that itemcorpse into 'vim barrels' or something...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1391 on: August 05, 2018, 04:48:30 am »

The imagery I was going for is basically that Toads hook themselves up to a sort of blood donation mechanism.  It isn't supposed to be fatal but it can be if they aren't careful.

(Vim is used for interstellar flight.  Vim is green.  Warp pipes are green, created by Toads, and have the ability to warp space. Therefore it stands to reason that vim is used in warp pipe construction.)

Drakolyn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 05, 2018, 08:39:16 am »

Dissolving coins in gold is the way koopa alchemy used to work. These days it's more complicated, and involves producing carmot from various alchemical ingredients. Looks like you need potash, pyrite, rock salt, and shining coins to make carmot as part of a multi step process, then dissolve that in quicksilver to make azoth, which can be brewed into various arcane potions. Having access to a toad extractor simplifies that drastically, even if it doesn't make much sense.

I like to explain it as , toads are based off of poisonous amanita mushrooms, and that we've figured out that hey! Norma amanita work too!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 06, 2018, 08:50:36 pm »

Running into computer troubles, update might be a little late this time around.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 10, 2018, 03:44:02 pm »

So it turns out coupe with an 'e' is a type of small car, but at this point I don't feel like changing it.

I was wondering why the fortress hellhole had a car, but chalked it up to mod weirdness.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 100