Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is a gold codex. On the cover is an image of a dwarves brain exploding.  (Read 144 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

This is a gold codex. On the cover is an image of a dwarves brain exploding. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. The codex is a short essay about the secrets of life and death, mainly concerning necromancer tower construction.  The writeing is a little bit self endulgent and wonders aimlessly at times but other wise has solid information. It is encrusted with oval gold cabochons, studded with gold and encircled with bands of gold oval cabochons. This object is adorned with hanging rings of gold.

Towers the mystery solved, once thought only in the hands of random historys, or sheer luck seem to be governed by a few more things than just fate.

Some things i began to notice as i began making more and more modifications were that my creatures were really heading the necromancer game, at first it was funny, I didnt mind seeing them but i thought it was normal mechanics.....

when i started my first modifications they focused on a creatures power, its ability to put as much damage onto another unit as possable with no equipment, how can i get the most power into my creatures, i knew very little at the time so i looked to the vanilla raws for answers, what made a powerful creature, i knew that dragons were strong, cyclopes were strong, giants strong, bronze man is strong, why were they so strong, they all shared one key trait, they all had very large creature size. So i started there, increasesing my creatures stature until they rival the sizes of the mega beasts and wow it gave me what i wanted, a strong creature who could throw fists with deadly consiquences.

In fortress mode they effortlessy move things i enjoyed this greatly, at first i never even really thought about it being a direct consiquence of the creature size just a happy accident that made me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~the writing aimlessly wonders for some time, this passage catches your eye!

Towers:creation and spread

there are two things that they need to form and spread, a creature that can die of old age, and a unique history where they painstakeingly recruit and build the infamous necromancer towers.

what if i say to you a creatures size is also very important to the building of these towers, i mean carrying all those blocks from lord knows where .....can you imagin how many Urists youed need to build some of those towers, and yea necros get those hordes and they build towers .....some times ....if theyre lucky, dont get murdered, and have 20 billion zombies slowly build the tower over the course of hundreds of years.

what if i told you super large creature religiously build towers quicker and spread more, cause I do and i will

i did one test it was enough for me, my mod against vanilla, same map gennerated by seed with random seed history, multple generations, my mod each time had towers long before vanilla

to compound the evidence and for me sealed it, i ran vanilla against a mod where i create creature power by stacking interactions instead of creature size each time tower production is very normal....and almost non exsistent, compared to my other mods where sub 50 years sometimes there are at least one tower or more sometimes........by year 100 there are towers usually every where .....i thought this was extremely normal behavior :D

to sum things up bigger creatures = faster world production including necromancer towers.......
[MAXAGE:100:50]
Make the second number smaller:)
Adjust civilization count as needed

i hope this helps someone and id love someone to test it thier selves and let me know if im imagining it or not :D

and if your thinking I dont want every thing getting nuked by super huge necros, then set your game up how vanilla is set up ......with all the playable creatures at the same size just bigger ;)

Alternatively you can use regular creatures and make a secret that makes necromancer very large and the same mechanism occurs <3 tower form and spread faster but a little more rng is involved

:)>-
<3you<3
 take note of the year and how many towers there are.....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here is custom "necromancer" learning the secret lol
this is a map made with all regular size creatures with a secret that makes creature very large note the year the the amount of tower  :D

And I'm still in the process of testing this feature, since a "necromancer" is really just a creature thats been modified by an interaction from a secret. I'm pretty also convinced that if used with the addition of secrets spread a necromancer that's not evil and not opposed to living that you can make towers appear that are actually cool to go to that have non hostile people inhabiting them they are a nightmare to navigate in adventure mode because there's millions of people at them but they're they're still neat to go to, so far ive only run accros one tower inhabited by only non hostile non undead so im thinking rng is huge factor here
if you make a non-hostile style necromancer you end up with non hostile towers......