Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3743984 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #9240 on: February 16, 2014, 06:12:40 pm »

Yes, that is literally the entire point of this next release :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: February 16, 2014, 06:17:47 pm »

Oh, lol. There was so much stuff about climbing going on here that I thought that might be the next release's big thing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: February 16, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »

Climbing was a necessary addition with the re-adding of elf sites which were necessary with the addition of in-play insurrections which were necessary so that stuff could continue to happen in the world during play which is necessary for the player to actually affect the world in meaningful ways that have historical impact.

Seriously, throw something new in this release at me and I can trace back its meaning to that.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: February 16, 2014, 08:08:05 pm »

Climbing was a necessary addition with the re-adding of elf sites which were necessary with the addition of in-play insurrections which were necessary so that stuff could continue to happen in the world during play which is necessary for the player to actually affect the world in meaningful ways that have historical impact.

Seriously, throw something new in this release at me and I can trace back its meaning to that.

Proper tree grow-- Oh. Elf sites.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:34 pm »

Oh, alrighty then...

The dev page talks about "adventurer roles" like "thief" or "treasure hunter". Under the "thief" subsection is a sub-sub section about inns and taverns. Toady mentioned a lot of stuff about inns and taverns in the recent devlogs;

To what extent will inns/taverns be implemented, and what for?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: February 16, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »

To what extent will inns/taverns be implemented, and what for?

There was an entire episode of DF Talk focusing on taverns.  It's planned to become a major part of Fortress Mode gameplay.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: February 16, 2014, 10:32:47 pm »

We have fake-ish taverns in the next release right?

OK I take everything back, the first thing I do in the new version is going to be walking into a tavern and punching someone.  Just to see what happens.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: February 16, 2014, 10:42:14 pm »

OK I take everything back, the first thing I do in the new version is going to be walking into a tavern and punching someone.  Just to see what happens.
No fake taverns for Fort Mode.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: February 16, 2014, 10:44:49 pm »

I call bar brawl! A loyalty cascade, as some people didn't like who you punched and others did, so it results in a seething mass of limbs. Much !!Fun!! had by all!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: February 16, 2014, 10:57:18 pm »

Hahaha. Enigmatic Hat, I shall follow in thy footsteps.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: February 16, 2014, 10:58:00 pm »

I call bar brawl! A loyalty cascade, as some people didn't like who you punched and others did, so it results in a seething mass of limbs. Much !!Fun!! had by all!

Nah, no loyalty cascade. Bar brawls are totally intended behavior, so I doubt they'll be too buggy.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: February 17, 2014, 12:14:57 am »

Yeah the meadhalls are a combination townhall/tavern kind of thing. Toady One even has worldgen adventurers doing tavern runs. I don't know if we should just outright call them taverns or if they aren't true taverns just yet,

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #9252 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:57 am »

(they are fake taverns because I haven't done anything with drinking or ordering drinks or food or staying in rooms)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: February 17, 2014, 06:11:42 am »

(they are fake taverns because I haven't done anything with drinking or ordering drinks or food or staying in rooms)

So they're just quest-in-a-boxes?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: February 17, 2014, 06:15:03 am »

No drinking? Sad taverns seems like a better name than fake taverns :c
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 748