_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5761731 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #13935 on: April 12, 2013, 07:12:31 pm »

Become bored.
Go to VR, select Duel, and have it pick a random person to fight. Both of us are with our usual equipment.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: April 12, 2013, 08:50:12 pm »

"Thanks, Ms. Feyri!"

Give Ms. Feyri a hug and the copy of the picture.
You give Feyri a hug and the picture, filled with childish delight.
Feyri was surprised by the abrupt hug -- a simple joy forgotten amidst the chaos of the past years; so surprised that to any casual observer - her arms were held out and a look of confusion was on her face, signifying total disarmament.

She smiled, and lifted the boy up while hugging him in turn, setting him down at the ledge of her bedside while pressing him close to her. Tears welled up in her eyes, unbidden, for reason of the...innocence and amazement at how thoughtful Grate was.

Wiping away her tears with her free hand, she withdrew from the hug, still holding the young lad by the shoulder with her other hand. "Thank you, Grate. You're a really kind kid. Is there anything you need that I can help with?"

Now I sound just like my sister...And here I thought that was weird. Hah!

Aid Grate if he needs it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: April 12, 2013, 09:00:35 pm »

"Uh, Steve, do you know where I can find the lady who got sent here for jaywalking?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: April 12, 2013, 09:37:04 pm »

"Um...oh yeah! Didn't you say you had a list of the old missions and such you could give me?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: April 13, 2013, 12:38:09 am »

"Ooh, fascinating. So it's like a nuke, but less expensive and better!"

Examine how the overload was done. Then see if it's possible to overload a microwave field manipulator within the constraints of Tinker.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: April 13, 2013, 01:16:17 am »

((I just had an idea. You're trying to solve your problem through physics and technology and it's going to end up as something cumbersome, expensive and only usable as a lamp or short range weapon. However if you use bioengineering you can get what you want and for much less.

You can go to the Doctor and ask him for a pet. Tell him you want it round, with bio thrusters and the ability to appear as a ball of flame (probably by mixing two substances, probably gases that it expels from millions of tiny little holes). Also tell him that you want it to have dog like intelligence or direct control or whatever else you prefer. And finally tell him you want it to have at least the same level of protection as a MK1, so that it can survive in space. As for cost, we have the food required for the creature (which is free) and whatever it takes to convince the doctor to do it (making it sound interesting, "donating" a few body parts, convincing Steve that your balls are going to be the new and improved scout eyes, etc.). And then you have the possibility for upgrades: armor, small lasers, extra cameras or vision modes, smoke bombs, portable biolab, extra sensors, anything else the Doctor thinks would be fun, etc.

Just an idea.))
that's a valid idea, but Lyra's goal is to re-create Blue, not simply to create the illusion of re-creating Blue. i'll keep it in mind though, and might give it a shot if this line of reasoning doesn't yield any usefull results. (that's also why i'm similarly discarding a flame shrouded drone out of hand, even though visually it wouldn't be much different.)

also, the main advantages this will have over the pre-existing equipment are flexibility and psychological effects, not power.

still, i've always liked finesse-based tools more than ones that run off raw power anyway. and with the way this design seems to be going, its capabilites will be almost purely dependent on how much power it has available. i'll probably start with a small version and scale it up as i gain access to better generators and batteries.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13941 on: April 13, 2013, 01:05:29 pm »

hmmm, how far away can i get it to go? for example if i placed the emitters on a belt could i get it to go anywhere within 5 feet of me or so? or are we talking more in inches than in feet? it seems like the range would be variable, based on how strong the emitters are. and like i said, i'm using a MUCH smaller amount of plasma.

EDIT:

what i'm thinking of here, it is seems the power drain rate would be variable depending on the distance the fireball is from the emitters. if i keep the fireball very close normally (maybe carry it directly above my hand? the same way i was carrying it most of the time in the illusion?), and only move it away from my person for short time periods (generally to either illuminate or ignite something), i think i'd be able to maintain the fireball a lot of the time without having to have a drone or stick or whatever.
The drone or the stick is where the emitters will be placed; you need some sort of physical base for them to be put onto. Thats not a matter of lowering power drain, thats a matter of it working at all. You could have the emitters in a glove, for instance, to just keep it above your hand. Although it's gonna be a pretty big glove. And one that fucks with electronics around it since it's spraying concentrated magnetic fields around.

"I said milk punk"
Point laser pistol at the guys face, calmly drink possibly radioactive milk.
"Oh, Milk punk." The creature says and the bar returns to it's normal activities of sleaze and debauchery.

The bartender gives you a glass of milk that appears to have facial piercings and a Mohawk.

"Oh...milk punk. Gotta watch where I put those commas."

Quote from: Message to Doctor
Would regenerating my body restore those enhancements you made to me?

Also, tell me honestly. How easy is it to make someone immortal to old age?

Message Doctor.

Examine synthflesh's structure closer. In particular:

-Check how that goo regenerates it.

-How much "free space" there is for other structures or materials in it.

-How porous it is, and how much making it more porous would compromise its strength.

Also try to locate exactly what process is used to make it, presumably on the net.

The goo is to synth-flesh like biogel is to humans. It simply provides the flesh with the materials needed to repair itself; something the flesh itself lacks.

It doesn't really have free space anymore then humans do; but it has space where you can add things without compromising it to any real degree.

It's not porous. And you can't make it porous. The configuration of the flesh can change, but the consistency never does.

Synth-flesh is made is the same way any flesh is; you start with a single, specially engineered cell that contains the genetic information you want and then you use growth mediums to go from there.

PLAY AGAIN. PUNCH LITTLE GIRL FACE.
[dex:2]
You miss completely. She kicks you in the shin and laughs.  Xena you ain't.

Become bored.
Go to VR, select Duel, and have it pick a random person to fight. Both of us are with our usual equipment.

It chooses Jim. He cracks his enormous knuckles on all four hands. Aw geez.

"Uh, Steve, do you know where I can find the lady who got sent here for jaywalking?"

>That would be Feyri. Check the Barracks.

"Ooh, fascinating. So it's like a nuke, but less expensive and better!"

Examine how the overload was done. Then see if it's possible to overload a microwave field manipulator within the constraints of Tinker.

You're not really sure how it was done. He just typed on it and then shit got real. Hmm

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: April 13, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »

Punk Milk eh, smells alright.
Take a nice long drink.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: April 13, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »

Well then, time to experiment!

Summon up a magnetic field manipulator. Give it an impossibly large-scale task to execute, then neglectfully perform the calculations.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: April 13, 2013, 02:07:31 pm »

See how much of synthflesh is identifiable "cells" and how much is outside or connecting structures.

Message Doctor.

Would regenerating my body restore those enhancements you made to me?

Also, tell me honestly. How easy is it to make someone immortal to old age?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: April 13, 2013, 03:47:13 pm »

hmmmm...
ok, from your description i'm guessing the glove version would end up looking less like the nintendo power glove and more like the warhammer or fallout power fist?
unless...

test idea)
a backpack-style setup for the emitters. that should be a far more stable place to have them, and keeps me more weight-balanced, as well as allowing me to move my hands freely without moving the fireball with them.

test specific problem areas:
1)
identify which parts of the the suits have significant problems if i have the emitter's fields pass through them, which simply are disrupted but have no long-term effects, and which function normally.
2)
identify if there is danger to a human that stands between the emitters and the fireball itself, assuming the fireball is far enough away to not pose a burn risk.
3)
test power drain rates over distances, determine how close the fireball needs to stay for acceptable drain rates long-term, how close i can let it wander around short-term without issue, and at what point the power drain rate becomes exorbitantly high, such that i can probably only move the fireball out that far a couple times before the battery will be completely drained.

((hopefully these tests will put us on the same page, and let me finish the core design work and get more into finalization work (safeties, interfaces, etc)))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: April 13, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

Tap little girl in face. With Kinetic Amp.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: April 13, 2013, 03:51:06 pm »

(Jim is robot man, right?)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: April 13, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »

((Jim is a 4-armed synthflesh juggernaut whos primary weapons are his multiple amps.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: April 13, 2013, 03:53:51 pm »

((Jim is a 4-armed synthflesh juggernaut whos primary weapons are his multiple amps.))
((I first read that as "multiple arms". XD))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 2101