Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2025697 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7050 on: January 27, 2015, 10:48:08 am »

I am still trying to make an aztec game work...very tricky to get started

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #7051 on: January 27, 2015, 11:55:36 am »

Easymode British Raj achievement:

Start as Halfdan Whiteshirt. Conquer the British Isles. Load up all your troops, set to looter, sail to Southern Caspian Sea. March to Indian provinces. Loot until you capture an Indian religion woman. Take concubine. Convert via decision.

Only thing that takes time is conquering the British Isles, but that's easy as Halfdan too. The starting event troops let you quickly win the war you're on, then you can use those troops to take some other lands. You can either wait till your starting guy dies and do a prepared invasion of the biggest chunk still left, or start taking things piecemeal. Using the ambition to be king of England lets you easily take any land that has been conquered by your fellow Norsemen, and a quick subjugate of the Norse guy in Scotland gives that one to you as well depending on how well their efforts have gone up there.

You start Feudal as Halfdan, so you don't need to reform the religion. And with an unreformed religion you can convert via decision to any religion out there, even the Indian ones, with a concubine.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: January 27, 2015, 01:25:09 pm »

Highlights of my "Jewish Sicily" game:

-declaring independence from the kingdom of Italy

-Already converting 2 regions to judaism

-waging an impossible defensive war against the Karlings who had united west, mid, and east francia as well as inheriting the kingdom of Italy.

-Winning said war by charging through an army four times the size of mine, seizing four dukes of france and the super-king.

-Execute said king, plunging Europe in to chaos and defeating short-term hopes for any attempts at the reconquista.

-Fostering like twenty fucking kids and a super genius demon child, who goes on to convert all my peeps and eventually me to the samaritan heresy.

-Defeat the Byzantines' plans of invasion by destroying their armies piecemeal before they can assemble after landing, and eventually taking a sicilian province from them.

Holy Shit

Has anyone tried a "Hellenic" character before? Maybe Leonidas II?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: January 27, 2015, 02:25:57 pm »

Highlights of my "Jewish Sicily" game:

-declaring independence from the kingdom of Italy

-Already converting 2 regions to judaism

-waging an impossible defensive war against the Karlings who had united west, mid, and east francia as well as inheriting the kingdom of Italy.

-Winning said war by charging through an army four times the size of mine, seizing four dukes of france and the super-king.

-Execute said king, plunging Europe in to chaos and defeating short-term hopes for any attempts at the reconquista.

-Fostering like twenty fucking kids and a super genius demon child, who goes on to convert all my peeps and eventually me to the samaritan heresy.

-Defeat the Byzantines' plans of invasion by destroying their armies piecemeal before they can assemble after landing, and eventually taking a sicilian province from them.

Holy Shit

Has anyone tried a "Hellenic" character before? Maybe Leonidas II?

Part two:

-fifty years of Francia's incompetence has left half of Spain muslim.

-The Kingdom of Aquitaine belongs to the "Hubbib" empire. A rump state of the Umayyads. A significant portion of it fell in to Jylland's hands.

-Middle Francia still exists. West Francia has become France. East Francia has fallen to infighting, finally settling in to the Kingdom of Germany and the Chiefdom of Saxony. In turn, this has given rise to several powerful Eastern-European/Germanic States including Bavaria, Bohemia, Poland, and Lithuania.

-In newly formed France and Burgundy the last Karlings rule, Middle Francia and Eastern Francia's rump states having fell into the hands of Christian Germans. Things are beginning to reform into to historical lines.

-The Aquitaine region is in complete disarray, with one of the last remaining christian counts forming about five provinces in to the Duchy of Aquitaine. If France wasn't so focused on random bullshit and would just unite the errant counties and rebels in the aquitaine region, it would be back on its feet.

-In Northern Italy, the city states reign supreme. Nothing larger than Duchies have formed. Bavaria and Middle Francia both enjoy a few holdings in the area.

-In Southern Italy, Jewish Sicily or The Kingdom of "Nuovo Israele" (me) fought four extremely destructive wars against the Byzantine Empire. Four holy wars of Jewish-Orthodox malice. From time to time the Byzantine emperors would wage indecisive wars against Sicily, following the third (the first had been fought a long time ago, the the next two are part of the "four holy wars") King Urist, who is normally a saintly figure, executes several royal figures, shaming the Byzantines. Beginning a short period of Jewish ascendancy. In response, Byzantium invaded once more. Easily defeating them, the Italian Jews launched a holy war of their own for Amalfi, a major blow to the Byzantine Empire and a great boon to the wayward Israelites. However, for once in the history of the four holy wars Byzantium rallies a massive host, defeating the Jews after several early-war victories. In the end Sicily is forced to capitulate, though no land is lost, their pride is wounded. In one final war of revenge, the Byzantines once again looked to acquire Jewish Sicilian lands. After several jewish victories (my army of 8000-9000 destroyed a few 1000 strong armies and a 5000 strong host) the byzantines attempt to force the matter, landing an invasion force 8000 strong in Neapolis. After a short jewish campaign to mop up in the south, the Byzantine invasion force swells to 10,000. After months of maneuvering the Jewish army finally corners and destroys the Byzantine invaders. Preparing to disband the army, King Urist gets wind of a massive 11,000 force of Byzantines marching south from the Italian City States. The long campaign of delay to swell the Jewish ranks culminates in the battle of Capua, where the 9500 strong Jewish army decisively defeat the Byzantines, ending the war.

-Judaism expands, for a grand totally of 3 provinces. Though... the samaritans are taking over.

-other than their Italian interests the Byzantines are doing well.

-The Slavs' principal states fall in to decline including Pannonia. In it's wake, Croatia expands. Chaos... everywhere!

-England is still in total disarray, Pictland is doing fabulously, and Sweden has become the dominant Scandinavian power.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7054 on: January 27, 2015, 03:53:32 pm »

Take over Venice and take pounds of flesh from all your enemies!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: January 27, 2015, 04:43:05 pm »

Easymode British Raj achievement:

Start as Halfdan Whiteshirt. Conquer the British Isles. Load up all your troops, set to looter, sail to Southern Caspian Sea. March to Indian provinces. Loot until you capture an Indian religion woman. Take concubine. Convert via decision.

Only thing that takes time is conquering the British Isles, but that's easy as Halfdan too. The starting event troops let you quickly win the war you're on, then you can use those troops to take some other lands. You can either wait till your starting guy dies and do a prepared invasion of the biggest chunk still left, or start taking things piecemeal. Using the ambition to be king of England lets you easily take any land that has been conquered by your fellow Norsemen, and a quick subjugate of the Norse guy in Scotland gives that one to you as well depending on how well their efforts have gone up there.

You start Feudal as Halfdan, so you don't need to reform the religion. And with an unreformed religion you can convert via decision to any religion out there, even the Indian ones, with a concubine.
Gonna try this.

Edit:

The first attempt I did to walk there ended with all 5000 raiders dead from either attrition or from running into enemy troops unexpectedly.

Now, 70 years later it's round 2, 24,000 troops were deployed, and we're doing it boys! Fucking vikings are raiding your Indian farms what yo gonna do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We're totally doing this boys!

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: January 27, 2015, 08:13:08 pm »

Achievement get?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:13 pm »

Can you hunt tigers in Britannia?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: January 27, 2015, 09:47:19 pm »

Doesn't give me the option to no.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: January 27, 2015, 09:49:11 pm »

Tigers require a title from the subcontinent to be your primary.  Britannia won't qualify, nor would, say, Iran.  Amusingly, a bug immediately after release also meant that India didn't qualify, due to a minor oversight in handling titular titles.  ^_^

EDIT: Whoops.  To both correct and clarify, tiger hunts require your capital to be within the scope of an empire title from the subcontinent - Rajastan, Bengal, Deccan, or (post-patch) India. 

Yes, this means that de jure drift can drag tigers into London, as long as you're tricky about it. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:56:51 pm by Culise »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: January 28, 2015, 01:22:39 am »

Well, I can imagine it. You rule over a continent for a century, there's plenty of time to sail over a supply of tigers to roam the streets of London. What's a little change in climate, ecosystem and surrounding human society gonna hurt?

I kind of want to see a Hindu Britain converted to EUIV. Can you send missionaries? Convert all pagans and Hordes to Hindu, change the course of history forever!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:44 am »

If it wasn't ironman I'd give you the save. It was probably one of my more exhilarating games to date. Within 70 years I conquered Britannia, amassed over 10,000g and raised an army 50,000 men strong and a navy of 240 ships from one single county and 15,000 event troops. The amount of micro was pretty crazy.

Can you imagine if you were a huscarl under my employ and they told you you'd be sailing for "India".

"What's India sir?"

"It's a land that's beyond Persia and at the end of the world. We will sail for a year until we reach Antioch. From there we will march for another year through inhospitable terrain and thousands of hostile enemies through blazing desert, barren wastelands, and a murderous jungle until we reach our destination. At least 80% of us will die and the rest who survive will be left to our own devices once we've completed our objective."

"Why are we going there sir?"

"To steal a woman."

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: January 28, 2015, 01:38:33 am »

Coming to theaters this summer...

:P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:48 am »

"The most beautiful woman in the world, sir?"

"...nah, any old hag will do."

Oh man, though, this gives me an idea for a Pagan game. Global abductor! Kidnap a concubine, preferably royal/imperial, from every part of the world and father a glorious multinational family through them. As a bonus, find a way to get them on the thrones of those parts of the world.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1002