Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2021366 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7080 on: January 28, 2015, 02:24:46 pm »

In my Sunni Scandinavian Republic, I have a daughter, unmarried, who has like... 5 or 6 bastard, latest one popping out at 35.

And her lover is my bastard nephew. Dunno if they're related or how closely.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #7081 on: January 28, 2015, 03:28:47 pm »

Wow, petty kingdom of Breizh (brittany) is having some issues in my game. Two provinces just finished breaking off in an independence war, and now he's facing three separate Breton Revolts, each holding 1 province and vying for his title. And the one province he has left is Cathar and he's in the middle of a Cathar Uprising. It looks like all the Breton Revolts must have either killed each other or died to the Cathars, as the Cathars are sieging his land while small broken armies of the different Breton Revolts are just sitting on their counties waiting.

Just a few years back he had firm control of all of his land and was successfully fighting off the duke of Normandy who was trying to steal part of it. Now he's the ruler of a petty kingdom of 1 county being ransacked by a Cathar uprising while his three remaining vassals vie for his throne.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: January 28, 2015, 05:33:23 pm »

The new popes won't be patricians, so he won't be building trade posts. The first pope was, but the heir to the papacy is always from that cardinal screen, right? So he just has a merchant republic as a vassal.

Still really bizarre, I guess it's what happens when a cardinal from a patrician family becomes pope and then doge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:35:06 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: January 28, 2015, 06:49:46 pm »

My current game on the Charlemagne start is going to be interesting. In the west, Mali not only formed, but is currently brutalizing the Umayyads. In europe, Saxony is resisting admirably against the Karling blob. The Zunists and Zoroastrians in the east are steadily defeating all comers. In the Balkans, Serbia is slowly taking Byzantine holdings whenever a rebellion appears, which is often. The Abbasids still stand strong as a death-blob, but have not expanded at all and, in fact, have been attacked repeatedly by Lombardy. The Magyars have been annihilated by the rising Ruthenia blob. And, it seems, Bulgaria has relocated to the middle of the steppes. I'm currently playing Abyssinia, and I hope to be able to take down the Caliphate when the time comes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:52:01 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: January 28, 2015, 08:16:29 pm »

I'm starting to have serious doubts as to whether the hunting achievement is even possible.

I've spent about 400 in-game years across multiple games just trying for it and the closest I've ever gotten was my character deciding to release the damn thing. I heard the probability of catching it is stupidly small but this is pretty ridiculous.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: January 28, 2015, 10:12:42 pm »

It's literally a 1 percent chance on an event with a mtth of at least a year.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: January 29, 2015, 12:20:34 am »

Wait, the 'White bear eludes me' thing? I'm pretty sure I caught and killed the poor thing with my very first Hunting character. Haven't even gotten close with anyone else, granted.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: January 29, 2015, 04:02:10 am »

What DLC do you need to play Zunist? Are they interesting?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: January 29, 2015, 07:08:17 am »

Charlemagne DLC is the one with the Zunists. Though maybe you could also just pick the Zunist Religion in the Ruler Creator to play them in another starting scenario, so Charlemagne might not be needed.

Mechanic wise there is nothing new about them. Only difference to pagans is that you aren't restricted to Gavelkind while unreformed.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: January 29, 2015, 08:17:01 am »

You might need old gods as well. I don't think the game lets you play pagans without it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: January 29, 2015, 09:39:47 am »

Charlemagne DLC is the one with the Zunists. Though maybe you could also just pick the Zunist Religion in the Ruler Creator to play them in another starting scenario, so Charlemagne might not be needed.

Mechanic wise there is nothing new about them. Only difference to pagans is that you aren't restricted to Gavelkind while unreformed.
They have one "unique" mechanic in that they can leave prisoners to be judged by Zun... by dropping them into a pit and letting them die from exposure. More often than not, though, those prisoners seems to survive and escape.

I consider their start to be interesting only because you are sandwiched between the Abbasids and India.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: January 29, 2015, 03:42:34 pm »

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:44:35 pm by Raddish »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: January 29, 2015, 03:45:43 pm »

Now what...
Change succession laws to make it all break apart but still be of dynasty and then play a completely different dynasty to try to beat them for the challenge?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: January 29, 2015, 04:13:43 pm »

On my hungarian experiments I found a pretty nice starting spot, problem is I'm a catholic in a sea of tengris. How should I go about bringing the empire to the One True Faith™? Does any of the WoL focuses have events that help with that? Should I start from the counts or going directly for the king?

Sadly I got no more warlike Árpád's, most of the time they just expand until the historical borders and stop there. Most interesting thing to happen lately is one of them deciding he wanted to be king of Magyar rather than Hungary's.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:15:34 pm by Uristides »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: January 29, 2015, 04:43:03 pm »

So, I did the observatory event chain...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh yes - it gives a stupid amount of culture if you're willing to invest 50+30+onehundredsomething in the events and risk going insane. And with the money a trade republic has, I am fairly confident you could get max out at least one Culture branch in a couple of successions as one.

The other event chain, from wondering why stars move, gives you Military points, but I don't know how it goes down fully yet.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1002