Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "doesn't care about anything any" changes  (Read 928 times)

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"doesn't care about anything any" changes
« on: May 09, 2015, 02:50:30 am »

Right now dwarves get it from seeing anything die. I propose that only dwarves seeing people/pets they love die. It makes it more realistic. I also think that it shouldn't make them get the happiness dampened, it just makes them less likely to make friends, and get lovers and marriages. Which makes superdwarf programs less effective. Since if the dwarf would think that his friend would just die and doesn't want to deal with the sadness. Here's a list for how much each relationship death should effect this stat:
1st. family member/spouse
2nd. lover
3rd. friend
4th. friendly terms
5th. acquaintance
6th. passing acquaintance
7th. anyone else

if death is passed out of site the dwarf receives half of what he would experience from being in sight (for the doesn't care trait) and if a 7th level person dies out of sight it's only 1/4 instead of 1/2, so if half the population is slaughtered by fun the dwarves only gets "is getting used to tragedy"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:59:36 pm by Pwned dwarf »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: "doesn't care about anything any" changes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:13:49 am »

The technical term is COMBATHARDNESS, and it's sorta only a sliding scale from 0-100 right now, so it's not quite as granular as it should be for this system. I don't think it's too much of a bother to change it, though, since AFAIK the highest any traits of that particular type go and still have effects (CAVE_ADAPT for how long it's been since a unit's gone outside) is >604800.