Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps  (Read 16267 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2023, 09:41:43 am »

Maia Sanders: If we schedule a Standard Quarters for construction we will be left with 100 Links.

Maia Sanders: And speaking of those one hundred Links - Pilot Whiteforest will be having her birthday on 29th, Commander. I was going to ask if we were going to host a party for her or perhaps leave it in hands of her fellow Pilots.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 15, 2023, 08:20:43 pm »

While changing to teamed lodgings may cause some discomfort and grumbling, it would double how many teams we can hold without having to build new quarters. It would also ensure we actually have quarters ready for them when they arrive.

I think it would be prudent to save what funds we can for the extra suits, transport, and training facilities a new team will require.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2023, 02:05:32 pm »

I think our Pilots will have gotten used to the double-bunking, so I worry that doubling them up again will cause too many Morale problems due to the close proximity. At that level, we will likely want to ensure single-gender dorms as well, so it won't be as simple as assigning one team to each Quarters.

If we do host a birthday party, it sets a precedent that we must for all other Pilots. I'm happy to set aside funding for the various holidays, but I don't think this is a commitment we can make.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2023, 01:30:49 pm »

Maia Sanders: I will take note of the holiday funds for future, Commander Shiek. I would like a clear decision about the housing, however, before we commit to any expenses.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2023, 01:35:58 pm »

Let's schedule construction of one unit of Standard Quarters. We can review this again at the turn of the month when we have access to additional funds.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2023, 02:20:26 pm »

Maia Sanders: As you wish, Commander.

25th Early Spring
Afternoon
SMC OPERATION REQUEST

Maia Sanders: Commander Shiek, Sub-Commanders, we have a request for assistance from Sayendra Federation and Dayamato Alliance. The situation is as follows:

At 0808 hours, Seykva Star, a cargo container ship owned by Sebangi Corp, sailing from from Kutan Port to Akihara Port in Dayamato Alliance, has ceased communications. The ship is currently sailing eastbound at cruise speed, and will reach the Dayamato shores within few hours. A flyby by Dayamato Coastal Guard revealed numerous Mu signatures within the ship and spotted some of the aliens on the top deck. Dayamato Government is dispatching two corvettes to sink Seykva Star before it reaches Akihara Port - however, Sayendra Federation has requested SMC to board and investigate the Star for whereabouts of its crew, thoroughly scan the ship of Mu signatures to determine how and when did Mu enter the ship, and recover the ship's computer core if it hasn't been damaged yet.

Target area is within international waters and therefore has been classified as INTERNATIONAL. Our Chiron-402 is capable of reaching Seykva Star within forty-five minutes to drop our Suits onto the ship, and has capacity of 4. Dayamato Coastal Guard has given the operation a maximum time window of one hour thirty minutes before their warships will open fire on Seykva Star and sink it.

Range of Operation: INTERNATIONAL
Commencing Threat Level: Medium (-1 Skill Check penalty)
Goals:
1. Determine the fate of the Seykva Star's crew.
2. Find point of entry or origin of Mu Threat.
3. Recover Seykva Star's computer core, if possible.
Skills most likely needed:
1. Crowd Control
2. Computers
3. Tracking
4. Sciences

Maia Sanders: If we take this request, I need to stress the importance of speed and efficiency here. The time window for operation, once our Pilots arrive, will be less than half an hour, so we need to send our best if we wish to fulfill all the objectives given.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 02:25:50 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2023, 02:49:56 pm »

It's unlikely that there are any survivors. The ship's quarters are small, and if it wasn't shielded against Mu radiation, they would have likely perished by now. Also, the limited amount of time available would make any operations quite difficult. Do we have access to the blueprints of the ship?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2023, 02:51:41 pm »

Maia Sanders: There has been nothing from Sebangi Corp about providing any blueprints by themselves, but I will make a request for them to provide such if need be.
SigFlags!

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2023, 09:46:37 am »

Langrisser seems a good fit this mission. From my own team I'd put forward Newy and Istafan.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2024, 06:44:23 am »

((My goodness it took a while to find time to sit down and think on this))

I shortlisted the following pilots as Potentials for this mission, as they reach had at least a score of 1 in the required skills:
 - Palaikos
 - Fontainblanc
 - Langrisser
 - Baumgartner
 - Newy
 - Istafan

Of these, only Langrisser and Newy have high scores in Crowd Control, so they are my first picks. They both have decent Tracking scores, and one each of Computers and Sciences.

Istafan has high Computers and Sciences, plus acceptable Tracking, making him a complimentary pick. Palaikos also has strong Tracking and Science grades.

We also have two VanZer998Plusses to assign. Their improved handling should mitigate the low scores held by Palaikos and Istafan, leaving Langrisser and Newy with the VanZer995s.

Thus my proposed mission:

Operation Silver Buffalo
 - 1IC Pilot Palaikos: VanZer 998Plus-002
 - 2IC Pilot Langrisser: VanZer 995-002
 - Pilot Newy: VanZer 995-006
 - Pilot Istafan: VanZer 998Plus--004

Each Pilot has at least a Grade 2 in Crowd Conto and Tracking, and we have an average of 2+ in Computers and Sciences (with a mix of 1s and 3s/4s). It's never perfect, but I think this is the best we can offer.

Subcommanders, what are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:57:28 am by Kashyyk »

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 17, 2024, 07:06:56 am »

Sounds like the best we can do Commander, I'm sure they will prove up to the task. Though your proposal seems to have assigned the 998plus to Pilot Newy instead of Istafan.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 17, 2024, 11:04:35 am »

((Thanks for the catch))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2024, 02:25:28 pm »

Maia Sanders: Then, Commander Shiek, I shall notify the Pilots that Operation Silver Buffalo is underway. Hopefully they can complete it in time.

25th Early Spring 1002
OPERATION 9: SILVER BUFFALO
Fifty-five minutes later

The tactical screen shows the arrival of Chiron-402 in vicinity of the free-sailing Seykva Star. Multiple pings of Mu radiation show on the sensor display of the cargoplane and the command center. External cameras are taken online on both the Chiron and the Mechas. The Chiron slows down and near-levels its fusion engines. Multiple Mu scamper away from the top deck and into darker corners of it, few of them climbing down into the vast cargo hold.

Soon, the top deck is clear of the hideous monsters, but Mu particle readouts put them just right behind the hatches, right behind the doors.

Chiron Captain: This is Chiron, the risk of landing on the top deck is too high, given the cargo doors seem to be taking most of the place. Pilots, you will need to descend the ramp and jump off on the ship to commence the Operation. Palaikos is first to respond.

Thedros Palaikos: You've heard the Captain, everyone.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: You will keep it level, Captain?

Chiron Captain: To the best of my ability. Do note the ship is rocking a bit on the waves.

Menetfer Newy: I've been on a ship before, personally I can handle it.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Not everyone is you, Newy. The cargoplane's ramp slowly opens as the Chiron aligns itself in a way that the door opens towards the top deck from the starboard of the cargo ship.

One by one, SMC Suits descend the ramp and jump off, with Langrisser being the first to go. The thump of her Mecha's feet hitting the plasteel deck is audible thorough the comms channels. Newy is next, and Palaikos follows suit.

Istafan hesistates.

Menetfer Newy: You alright there? Newy finishes his question as Istafan takes his Mecha and jumps down, slowly straightening his Suit up.

Asrael Istafan: Just had to make sure it's okay to jump, that's all.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: You afraid of heights, Istafan? Palaikos chimes in.

Thedros Palaikos: Hey, we gotta concentrate on the job, now- He cranks up the sensitivity of his bio-sensors. Let's see what's around us.

Quote from: Sciences Test
Thedros Palaikos: 1 from Roll, +3 from Sciences, -1 from Threat Level = 3

What comes up is a mess of Mu signatures in tthe decks below, in the crew quarters, and in the command tower.

Asrael Istafan: Not much help, that.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Maybe tracking for specific signatures would help? And Langrisser quickly taps away at her console - but soon comes the interruption that is a small pack of Mu - dog-sized and with at least two rows of teeth more than a dog would have.

Menetfer Newy: I'll take them!

Quote from: Crowd Control Test
Menetfer Newy: 1 from Roll, +3 from Crowd Control, -1 from Threat Level = 3

But he fails to take them! The little beasts are emboldened enough to rush Newy's mecha.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Together! Langrisser shouts as she activates the targeting module.

Quote from: Crowd Control Test, Teamwork
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 3 from Roll, +3 from Crowd Control, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Menetfer Newy: 5 from Roll, +3 from Crowd Control, -1 from Threat Level = 7
Final result: 6

A combined might of two laser rifles wielded by two rather skilled Pilots ends with several barrages that send the Mu reeling, spasming and dying, some of them getting exploded outright by rays of concentrated energy.

Several Mu that were hiding nearby, according to the bio-sensor output, move themselves somewhere else deeper into the dark and shadows.

Menetfer Newy: Nice~

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: I think we've got a moment to perform a tracking scan.

Asrael Istafan: Lemme try calibrating the bio-sensors, in the meanwhile. We can collaborate the outputs, I believe.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Sure, let's have it your way then...

Quote from: Tracking Test, Sciences Test, Collaboration
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser (Tracking): 1 from Roll, +4 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Penalty: 4
Asrael Istafan (Sciences): 5 from Roll, +3 from Sciences, -1 from Threat Penalty = 7
Final result: (5.5 =>) 5

A combined output of motion tracking, Mu signature readout and bio-sensor pings reveals something that was probably expected, but hoped otherwise: every moving or still bio-signal is that of Mu. No humans remain present on Seykva Star.

Menetfer Newy: *sigh* That was to be expected.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Langrisser to Chiron, reporting no Human life-signs on board Seykva Star.

Chiron Captain: Got it, Pilots. Notifying Sayendra Federation and Sebangi Corp of your findings.

Goals:
*Completed (no alive crew found)

Asrael Istafan: Command, do we have the location of Seykva Star's comms room? I expect the computer core to be there. Chief Secretary taps away at her datapad.

Maia Sanders: No, Sebangi Corp failed to respond to my query about the ship's blueprints.

Asrael Istafan: Hrm... that complicates things. How are we to lift their computer core if we don't know where to look? Anybody been on a cargo ship like this before?

Other Pilots: No.

Asrael Istafan: Right. Okay, hm, let's try triangulating the... wait, how about communications signal?

Thedros Palaikos: Well, sure, how do we do that?

Asrael Istafan: You gotta calibrate your sensor for radio data.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Alright, I can help you with that. You two watch our backs... I don't trust this cargo hatch there- Langrisser points her rifle at the hatch in question. -or the Mu inside to let us do it free.

Thedros Palaikos: Sure.

Menetfer Newy: As you wish~

Quote from: Computers Test, Teamwork
Asrael Istafan: 4 from Roll, +4 from Computers, -1 from Threat Level = 7
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 6 from Roll, +3 from Computers, -1 from Threat Level = 8
Final result: (7.5 =>) 7!

Langrisser and Istafan, guarded by Newy and Palaikos, take positions on the opposite sides of the top deck, and sweep the length of the ship in search for the distinct ping of radio transmission.

They soon get positive readings and are able to point exactly where the computer core, still active and dispatching a garbled distress signal, is located, just under the cargo ship's bridge.

Suddenly, the Chiron's sensors pick up two vessels on approach vector. The technicians in the Command Room quickly sort out the IFF signals. DY-Cor1 and DY-Cor2 are the tags replacing the unknowns.

Maia Sanders: Dayamato Corvettes have just entered sensor range, Pilots. According to the timetable, you have twenty minutes left.

Thedros Palaikos: Scata, twenty!?

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: No more delays. Core or Mu entry point?

Menetfer Newy: Core will be easier to lift than to clear the lower decks and then search for the answer to the question of how they got in.

Thedros Palaikos: Yeah!

Asrael Istafan: We can cut through the roof of the bridge, then through the bridge itself, to get to the core, using low-intensity rifle beams. The ship's getting scuttled so I doubt we need finesse today.

Menetfer Newy: Smart~

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Istafan, I will go with you. Newy and Palaikos, take point in case any Mu springs up to harass us.

Menetfer Newy&Thedros Palaikos: Got it!

Quote from: Engineering Test, Teamwork
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 6 from Roll, +1 from Engineering, -1 from Threat Level = 6
Asrael Istafan: 4 from Roll, +3 from Engineering, -1 from Threat Level = 6
Final result: 6

Langrisser and Istafan climb the front of the bridge section, then stomp towards the middle part. Rifle high, Newy climbs after them and begins scanning the perimeter for Mu signatures, while Palaikos stays on top deck, eyeing mostly the cargo hatch.

The two Pilots in charge of breaking in then switch their rifles to lower outputs, and begin cutting through the bridge compound plasteel layers. The duo slowly cuts a circle, halves opposite from each other, with such synch and precision that they would probably get A+ - it if were an Art class, that's it. It takes them two minutes or so.

Quote from: Crowd Control Test
Menetfer Newy: 6 from Roll, +3 from Crowd Control, -1 from Pipes and Greebles, -1 from Threat Level = 7!

Then Newy finds something on his sensors - a small group of Mu sneaking and snaking through the portholes and open doors, using pipes and greebles on the port of the ship to clamber close to Istafan and Langrisser.

Some very precise shooting sees them shot off or exploded one by one.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: *whistles* Nice shooting.

Menetfer Newy: I did say I got it, no~?

Asrael Istafan: Well, now we need to lift this off.

Quote from: Engineering Test, Teamwork
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 3 from Roll, +1 from Engineering, -1 from Threat Level = 3
Asrael Istafan: 3 from Roll, +3 from Engineering, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Final result: 4

The duo managed to lift the cut-out circle, causing lots of metallic noise of crumpling and tearing to reverb in the communications channels for several seconds, before lifting it away and tossing it overboard. The large, plasteel circle clunks as it hits the port of the ship just once and then ends up in the ocean with a big splash.

Mu particle readings shift and pulsate in the lower parts of the ship.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Down we go, right? Watch out Istafan, lots of blood. Langrisser then jumps into the hole, splashing the absolutely dark red, borderline black, liquid about, herself wading 'ankle-high' of her Suit in the corroded remains of the bridge crew.

Quote from: Mental Fortitude
Asrael Istafan: 1 from Roll, +2 from Mental Fortitude, +1 from Calm Companion (Langrisser), -1 from Threat Level = 3

When Istafan joins in, he hurks at the sight, and soon locks his camera on free-floating uniform, soaked and darkened from blood.

Asrael Istafan: Great Maker... how much of blood is in here? He looks around, distracted by the floating pieces of uniforms and skeletal, uncorroded remains barely visible right underneath the surface of the blood-filled basin that the ship's bridge has become. Can, can you imagine... the smell, the horror- Langrisser snaps her fingers.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Istafan! Hey, here, eyes on me. Istafan does that, after a moment of hesitation.

Asrael Istafan: Sorry, it's just... a bit, I mean, I'm wading in... blood. That's just.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Okay, look, here. Langrisser then wades to the nearby door and opens it, letting the huge amounts of blackened blood to flush out of the bridge, and onto the deck at the stern of the ship - bubbling over the railing and into the see, like a macabre, crimson waterfall.

Soon enough, the remaining blood makes for a slick, but very shallow lustre of liquid, the uniforms coming to a rest or having been flushed out as well earlier, skeletons shiny with moisture.

Menetfer Newy: You alright down there? Newy looks into the bridge from above, while Istafan shudders, closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, then another, and opens his eyes.

Asrael Istafan: I'm... I think I'm okay.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: You sure? There's a brief pause.

Asrael Istafan: Yeah, yeah I'm sure. Let's continue, let's, I need, I need to cut into the core room, but this will be tricky... Istafan focuses himself on other times, like the steering console and other bridge equipment - unlike the roof section, the floor of the bridge is rather cluttered with heavy objects.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Just pull these things off the floor.

Asrael Istafan: I think the ship's still has its reactor running.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Well then, how about...

Langrisser looks around and notices a power switch on the wall, brightly labeled red and yellow colors and a warning sign in Brittanian.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Aha. She pulls it down, and the lights and consoles on the bridge turn off completely - only four red lights in the corners announce that the room is unpowered. Langrisser wastes no time in prying two of the consoles in middle of the room off the ground and to the sides of it, not caring much for occassional spark or sizzle of destroyed circuitry and snapped cables.

Asrael Istafan: That's one way... I will try my best not to damage anything in the room below.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Don't worry. You can do it. Istafan kicks away some of the lingering corroded blood, and starts cutting away the floor's plasteel.

Quote from: Engineering Test
Asrael Istafan: 3 from Roll, +3 from Engineering, -1 from Precise Cuts Needed, -1 from Threat Level = 4

Within a minute manages to cut away a much smaller circle off-center of the room, and then pries it off the floor, putting it aside. The remaining bridge-blood drips and splashes to the level below, staining the otherwise clean, steel-greenish floor with crimson puddles around a black, rectangular pillar surrounded by computer consoles.

Asrael Istafan: Right, Command, how's that about Sebangi's input on this? Chief Secretary sighs.

Maia Sanders: Negative, Pilot. I think a formal complaint to Sebangi Corp is in order for their unwillingness to provide any support for this mission, given its their hardware.

Thedros Palaikos: I would write two just to make the point.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Okay, Istafan, what now?

Asrael Istafan: Well, now I go down here, and get into the core's system, turn off the power and disengage the safeties and the latching mechanisms. Hopefully the software is in Brittanian.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: And if it's not? Asrael scowls.

Asrael Istafan: Well, I do the same thing, but blindly pushing buttons.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Oh. Uh. Good luck with that.

Quote from: Computers Test
Asrael Istafan: 4 from Roll, +4 from Computers, -2 from Lacking Administrative Priviledges, -2 from Lost in Translation, -1 from Threat Level = 3

He climbs his Suit down into the room, thumping the floor slightly, and gets to accessing the terminal. As it lights up, showing Romancean alphabet but in a configuration of syllables and words completely alien from Brittanian syntax, Istafan sighs in exasperation.

Asrael Istafan: Well, it's in Balangi, or Nasay, or something else. Right. Here I go. Dozens of tense seconds pass as the Asimin Pilot tries his best to navigate the foreign-language software blindly, the replies of the console terminal coming in red-colored words and exclamation marks.

Quote from: Computers Test
Asrael Istafan: 5 from Roll, +4 from Computers, -2 from Lacking Administrative Priviledges, -2 from Lost in Translation, -1 from Threat Level = 4

In Command Room, the minute timer has just crossed the dread threshold from 10:00 to 09:59.

Maia Sanders: I do not wish to be 'that' person, Pilots, but we're under 10 minutes left on this mission.

Asrael Istafan: Yes, I know! I know. Lemme try it again. And so he tries again, spending another minute traversing the alien software, until he hits something and a hourglass starts spinning. With series of beeps, the main console of the computer core turns off.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: That's good?

Asrael Istafan: I didn't manage to do much else than turn it off the power grid.

Menetfer Newy: So what now?

Asrael Istafan: More cutting.

Thedros Palaikos: You do it quick, the Mu aren't showing up at all and that's starting to worry me.

Quote from: Engineering Test
Asrael Istafan: 2 from Roll, +3 from Engineering, -2 from Even More Precise Cuts Needed, -1 from Threat Level = 2

The cutting takes maybe few seconds before something suddenly bursts, sizzles, and sends sparks flying, then there's a miniature explosion and a cloud of smoke rises from underneath the computer core itself.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: That's not good.

Asrael Istafan: Well shit, yeah, I think the core's done for. Or maybe it's just the casing, or some power cable, I don't know. Istafan then keeps on cutting through the latching mechanisms, until the core thumps and tilts gently against one of the consoles.

Asrael Istafan: Alright, Langrisser, lend me a hand.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Yeah. The two then lift the black box from the core room to the bridge room.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Newy, come help.

Menetfer Newy: Coming~ And so Langrisser and Newy teamwork the lifting of box from the bridge onto the roof of it. Newy puts his on the black column to keep it from tilting or, worse, roll off the ship into the sea.

Chief Secretary looks at the timer above the tactical screen, and winces.

Maia Sanders: Five minutes left, Pilots.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Right, about time we start packing. Langrisser to Chiron, we're ready for extraction.

Chiron Captain: Roger, Langrisser, we will park the Chiron as close to the roof as possible. And so the mighty flying machine approaches the roof and turns its back at it, the ramp extending. The Captain manipulates the fusion engine output until the ramp is safely laid out on the roof and the Chiron itself is just inch or two apart from the ship. The rocking of the ship does little to disturb the leveling of the ramp.

Menetfer Newy: Alright, I will bring this in.

Goals:
*Completed (no alive crew found)
*Completed (computer core was damaged)

While Newy hefts the damaged computer core and slowly steps into the carrier, Langrisser looks elsewhere for a moment.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Palaikos, get yourself up here.

Thedros Palaikos: Coming. Palaikos continues to watch the cargo hold hatch for several more seconds, as it was a perfect moment for an ambush, for a violent confrontation or the Mu's spillover from the cargo hold in a dramatic, hectic way.

Nothing like that happens, so before long Palaikos is climbing with his Suit onto the roof of the bridge.

Slowly, one by one, the Pilots bring their Suits into the Chiron, which then begins rapid ascend and away from the doomed ship, the hatch closing as the Suits don their flight harnesses.

Chiron Captain: Chiron to Command, we've evacuated the mission zone. Chief Secretary looks at the timer which was stopped at 00:48.

Maia Sanders: Duly noted, Chiron. We're dispatching a notification to Dayamato Coast Guard. Bring the core to our base, Sebangi Corp will dispatch a transport for it soon. Mission Complete, everyone.

Asrael Istafan: Doesn't really feel like it.

Menetfer Newy: Eh, I wouldn't worry. Not every mission can be achieved perfectly, especially on a timer like this... The Pilots turn off their cameras, as the tactical map notes that the DY-Cor2 marker has launched a volley of 4 projectiles.

In twenty seconds, the missiles hit Seykva Star on the port side, near or below the waterline. Smoke and flames engulf it for a dozen or so minutes, before waves sink the ship and the abyss claims it.

25th Early Spring 1002
OPERATION 9: SILVER BUFFALO INCOMPLETE!
One hour later

The Chiron makes it way to the Hangar, guided by the laser sights. It comes to a stop and extends its ramp, while some of SMC logistics crew drives up a small cargo platform.

The Suits come out of the carrier, with Palaikos being the one to leave last and carry the damaged computer core out of the Chiron. The logisticians point where to place it, and Palaikos puts it down, on its side - the base personnel quickly secures it with plasteel cables and drives off towards storage bays.

The Pilots then walk their Suits into the Mecha Bay and deposit them in their parking lots, opening their cockpits and leaving their work machines.

As their superior come in, Langrisser, Palaikos, Newy and Istafan line up for debriefing, saluting - the last one of the line-up staring somewhere aside, seemingly in deep thoughts.

Subcommanders IAI, Scarlet and Gaine can debrief their respective Pilots now!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 03:09:47 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]