Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Mystical Osiris RTD, Seventh Turn: Dance, Dance Sandstorm Revolution  (Read 8364 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greetings all. Decided with all my time spent in this forum, it was time for me to try my hand at things.

I will be trying to use the same sort of rules that Sean has for Multiworld, with the rolls, and AI if we have a single or couple people holding us back.

The theme for this game will be 'Egyptian Mythology' IE: Magic, mysticism, and lots of sand. However, do not expect this to be a historical RTD, I will be basing my lore and game world on the myths, and then warping and bending them to fit the setting as we go.

I'm planning to start things with a typical table top RPG type mentality, it will be up to the players to find the greater quests, do minor quests, or just goof off and have fun until they die.

The players will number 5 to start, and if all goes well I will increase that number as needed.

That done, lets get into the goods:
-----

Fog drifted through the dusty pathways of Heliopolis. The early morning dawn streamed into the Temple Palace casting a shimmering drape upon the regent of the city. Isis reclined upon her scorpion throne, deep in thought. She had summoned ten of the best warriors in her divine land. They knelt in a semicircle before her on the gold floor.

"My husband the Pharaoh has left us again to spread his kindness throughout the lands." The divine ruler began, "I have seen his death." The sadness sparked briefly in her tourmaline flecked eyes, quickly replaced by visible anger. "He was, and will be betrayed. Your task is to stop this before it happens." Standing to add strength to her words, "Prove my vision false. Now go!"

---

Before noon the warriors had gathered in the central plaza of the city. They had planned to leave immediately but had received a message from the divine's brother Seth to meet here for a blessing before they started on their journey.

All the guards snapped to attention when the dark skinned man slowly walked into the clearing with his obsidian staff. His long silver hair billowed behind his off-white tunic like a cloak of sparkling needles. Seth was the high priest of the Temple, and was greatly respected.

Finding the highest ranking guard he gestured that they all come close and kneel before him. His raspy voice dribbled from his mouth as he began the prayer. "Great Mother Nut, and Father Geb, let these brave warriors be blessed as they travel into the great unknown. Guide their fates as you have guided my hand these recent weeks, and let no one stand in their way.. or to worship their burial."

The lead guard's head snapped up at this last, just in time to see that Seth's body was now composed of swirling sand, and a dark cloud had covered the gathering place. He shouted a warning to his fellow Royal Warriors, and they scattered, dashing for the alleyways of the nearby city. The distance was too great, and they were overcome by the magic before they even reached halfway.

Only the dark laughter of the High priest seemed to survive the sudden sandstorm. Not even a single bone was left untouched by the magical energies. Seth curled a smooth smile behind his aged face, as he began to slowly hobble back to the Temple.

---

You are one of five who have found a written note from one of the Royal Guards of Isis. They read basically as such:

~*`~
The threat to my life is immense
And I believe that the betrayal of our Pharaoh
Comes from someone within the ruling divinity
If I do not return to take this message
Within four morning rises of Re
I intrust my mission to you
Find the Pharaoh Osiris
And return him safely to his divine wife
~^&~

For whatever reason, the mentioned four days has passed, and you have decided to make your way into the city of Memphis, the southern most city in Lower Egypt. Your instructions lead you to the Golden Scarab, an eating establishment set up for travelers journeying to and from the Great White Walled City.

------
Sign ups are now open, You've met each other in the Scarab, so give me a name, Gender, and first action. You all start out with nothing but a typical wrap around body tunic, and a small carrying bag, containing your papyrus note, and six lower Egypt trading marks with the stamp of the regent Isis on them.

Players:
-Gates(Errol)
-Darwishi(Dwarmin)
-Neberhar(RandomNumberGenerator)
-Paneb(thunderclan)
-Dragnar(dragnar)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:20:38 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Now accepting applicants!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 08:13:48 am »

Sign me up. This might actually survive the first ten turns.

Name: Gates
Desc: Battle-hardened and aged, but has been left nothing in his old days (he's almost fourty!), he now is bitter, cynical and very fond of cheap, bad alcohol.

I'll try to order a drink.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:32:44 am »

Name: Darwishi
Desc: An unremarkable man of 32, born of minor nobility and used to a easy life guarding bureaucrats. He spends most his time in the royal court, avoiding being caught in political spider webs and laying his own, while maintaining the appearance of a dutiful guard...

Actions
Order some date wine and scan the room for possible threats.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:49:52 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 11:05:19 am »

Two down, three to go.

Fair warning: any 1's or possibly 6's rolled in a vincinity of anything resembling a bar, will result in a brawl. :) Haika's RPG rules #45

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 12:22:12 pm »

Name :Neberhar
Description: Having spent most of his time indoors scribing and archiving scrolls, his social skills are somewhat lacking, but he has a great general knowledge.

Head to the marketplace and evesdrop on conversations.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 02:02:02 pm »

Sigh me up:

Name: Paneb
Description: A young man of great strength, Paneb left his father's farm in search of a better life.

Talk to people in the Scarab, trying to discover any useful information.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 06:33:21 pm »

Just one more sign up and we can get this kaboose on the move. :)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 06:39:43 pm »

I'll join.

Name: Dragnar(It took me a long time to come up with one decent fantasy name and I'm sticking with it!)
Description: A young man who has always been fascinated by magic and science(what exists of it anyway), always seeking to learn as much as he can about the way the world works.

I will search for a temple of Thoth, and seek his blessing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:49:17 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:32:35 pm »

Awesomesauce. Starting the rolls now. Butter and all, will be up shortly.

If anyone sees this and still wants to join, I won't turn you away. But I will hold off until it fits into the story to add you into the group.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:34:39 pm by Haika »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 09:05:21 pm »

Not the most exciting first turn. But some places were just barely found, and some information was squeezed from bar patrons. Pretty crappy rolls for most of you, but nothing extreme.

Actions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

The group of five meet up in the clay-walled building. After a brief moment of introduction, three of you decide to stay in the immediate vicinity, while others go their own ways.

Both Gates and Darwishi seem to have drinks on their minds. However they find that behind the bar there seems to be no bartender waiting for orders. In fact the whole place seems very quiet. Almost too quiet.

While no booze is to be found in the immediate location, the two by the bar do notice an odd brass statue standing off to one side. It sparkles slightly in the dim light of the building.

Most of the local patrons sit in sandstone booths watching the group over clutched metallic mugs. The stillness doesn't seem to slow Paneb down however, approaching the nearest booth, he finds two women dressed in expensive silk shawls that allow him to join their table. After some quick smooth talk, they inform him that the city isn't very fond of travelers from the north. As there was an assassination attempt on their divine leader Ptah just last night, and the 'false copies' from Heliopolis are thought to be at the source.

Outside, Neberhar and Dragnar separate and head off in different directions. The common travelers of the city plow forward, occasionally guiding camels along the pathways, as well as other various pack beasts.

Wandering with little knowledge of the city, Neberhar has trouble finding his goal. After a good deal of walking, he manages to just barely make out the shouted voice of a vendor merchant advertising 'Freshly fired clay pots!', and he uses that to direct himself.

A collection of tents and carefully bound tree fronds cover portable rugs and the occasional pillow in this open air Marketplace. To Neberhar's annoyance it seems the street just behind the Golden Scarab is the mobile flea market's current home. He takes a moment to catch his breath and brush the sand off his feet before entering the swarm of shoppers and sellers.

Meanwhile, Dragnar doesn't have much luck either. Walking the streets it occurs to him that an Upper Egypt divine probably wouldn't have much power in lower cities. He is about to give up when a curious sight catches his eye. Turning down a very narrow, and very dark alleyway, he encounters small dog-faced Baboon sitting and staring right at him.

The animal's disconcerting stare ends only when the creature suddenly darts into a small shop nearby. Dragnar is rattled by the strange omen, turning to leave he stops, noticing the small ibis carved into a stone near the door the Baboon entered. A sign of the God of Wisdom and Science, Thoth.

--------------
-Gates
-Darwishi
-Neberhar
-Paneb
-Dragnar

Locations(currently known):
-The City of Memphis
-The Golden Scarab
-The Memphis Market
-alleyway

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, First Turn! Walkin' in Memphis
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 09:23:23 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot entirely about the different myths in the two parts of Egypt... Speaking of which, how closely is this based on the myths? It would be sorta disappointing to know who the traitor is already.

I enter the shop and ask For thoth's blessing on my quest, and some advice on where to start searching(who better to ask than a servant of the god of wisdom?)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 09:31:36 pm »

Purchase, steal, create, divine or otherwise obtain a map.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 11:51:16 pm »

Bid the women farewell and head to the market in search of some fairly cheap traveling supplies

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 01:16:55 am »

Oh yeah, I forgot entirely about the different myths in the two parts of Egypt... Speaking of which, how closely is this based on the myths? It would be sorta disappointing to know who the traitor is already.

Well, so far I've been using them as I can. However things like time frames, culture levels, and events that happen as we progress will probably change some. I'm no expert, I'm just putting together what I can from web resources. :) That and I've always thought the ancient Egypt era had potential for great stories.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 02:39:25 am »

Go out on the street and listen to the word on aforementioned.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6