Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1798990 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12780 on: August 05, 2014, 02:51:35 am »

Also, he never left the easy areas, hah. The equivalent of milling about in the WoW starting zone indefinitely and saying there's just no challenge at all to be found in the game. It doesn't look like he ever left the edge of suburbia.

...so what you're saying is that this isn't a game and has no pretensions of being one, right?
I have no idea how you get from "You didn't go far enough to get to the difficult areas" to "this isn't a *real* game" :V

That's quite an... interesting mind you have there, to be... 'capable' of making such a leap as that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12781 on: August 05, 2014, 03:36:55 am »

Tried the experimental game, and have to wonder.... wtf is up with the packs of zombie dogs? They were bad enough alone, but now, even with a weak scent and light step character, these dogs can sense me through the wall on the other side of a room in the middle of the night, smash through the window and swarm me. It seems like you have to hope that you simply don't run into them before you get a gun in order to survive.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12782 on: August 05, 2014, 04:16:24 am »

I wanna get back into this.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12783 on: August 05, 2014, 05:49:11 am »

So, playing an experimental ((it WAS the latest a few days ago, but that's probably changed)) and pitched a tent. How do I unpitch my tent?

Also its REALLY hard to keep my mouth warm during nighttime. Like my lips are apparently frostbitten just because it was dark for awhile. Also things like a blanket don't help. Could someone add a way to not freeze to death early because there's only one craftable item early on that warms the mouth (bandana, and that's only 20 warmth!)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12784 on: August 05, 2014, 05:58:07 am »

'e'xamine the tent?

I'm more worried about the fact that today's experimental doesn't have the dodge fix in.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #12785 on: August 05, 2014, 07:01:32 am »

Also its REALLY hard to keep my mouth warm during nighttime. Like my lips are apparently frostbitten just because it was dark for awhile. Also things like a blanket don't help. Could someone add a way to not freeze to death early because there's only one craftable item early on that warms the mouth (bandana, and that's only 20 warmth!)
Get your tailoring and survival levels to 1 and craft yourself a fur scarf, or raid a clothing store and hope you get lucky.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12786 on: August 05, 2014, 09:49:56 am »

Yeah I managed to craft a "balaclava" after my tailoring leveled up a bit.

Found two basements where they were growing pot. I started as a farmer, so I might move my stuff over to one of those eventually, since its apparently too cold to grow anything outside  >:(

Speaking of which, the hoe isn't able to actually till soil. Had to use a entrenching tool I got from that zombie soldier. I'm...guessing that's not intended?

Oh, also its crazy hard to try the game with meat intolerance and junkfood intolerance. Well, ok its not THAT bad, but its still pretty difficult since I'm evading meat like the plague.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12787 on: August 05, 2014, 10:50:21 am »

The only reason meat is so easy is because animals just spawn right up on you. I enjoy rattlesnakes for a quick snack as they butcher into about 1 or 2 meat and don't run away from you. Anyway the best source of veggies is creatures as well, they just take a bit to find.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: August 05, 2014, 02:14:51 pm »

Also, he never left the easy areas, hah. The equivalent of milling about in the WoW starting zone indefinitely and saying there's just no challenge at all to be found in the game. It doesn't look like he ever left the edge of suburbia.
...so what you're saying is that this isn't a game and has no pretensions of being one, right?
Bahahaha. What even? Wow.

But no, that's not what I'm saying at all.

In other news, I've been considering working on sequel to the original  Live Action Cataclysm video I made for the Kickstarter. Would anyone be interested in seeing this happen? Would anyone in or able to reach the greater Boston be interested in helping make it happen?

If so, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:15:12 pm by GlyphGryph »

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: August 05, 2014, 02:42:21 pm »

I'd love to be a part of a part II, it's gotta be on the weekend though I can't miss school.  :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: August 05, 2014, 02:44:02 pm »

I just discovered the most badass profession to ever exist.

The Razor Boy starts with a leather jacket, 2 dexterity higher than you paid for, and friggin' knives in his fingers.

And chewing gum.

But pair it with a bandana, a cowboy hat, some sunglasses, and cigarettes (potentially candy ones if you don't like addiction)? An awesome weapon, like a wood axe, sledgehammer, lajatang, or quarterstaff? A sports car, motorcycle, semi truck, or armored car for the extremely lucky (or maybe even just a regular car covered in spiked plating with swords welded onto the front)? And give him some kind of ridiculous but cool name like Solid Bullet or West Pistol?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: August 05, 2014, 02:58:22 pm »

I just discovered the most badass profession to ever exist.

The Razor Boy starts with a leather jacket, 2 dexterity higher than you paid for, and friggin' knives in his fingers.

And chewing gum.

But pair it with a bandana, a cowboy hat, some sunglasses, and cigarettes (potentially candy ones if you don't like addiction)? An awesome weapon, like a wood axe, sledgehammer, lajatang, or quarterstaff? A sports car, motorcycle, semi truck, or armored car for the extremely lucky (or maybe even just a regular car covered in spiked plating with swords welded onto the front)? And give him some kind of ridiculous but cool name like Solid Bullet or West Pistol?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
BRB, making a Razor Boy.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: August 05, 2014, 02:58:46 pm »

In other news, I've been considering working on sequel to the original  Live Action Cataclysm video I made for the Kickstarter. Would anyone be interested in seeing this happen? Would anyone in or able to reach the greater Boston be interested in helping make it happen?
Would love to see it, would love to be in it, but cant get over there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: August 05, 2014, 03:15:27 pm »

I'd love to be a part of a part II, it's gotta be on the weekend though I can't miss school.  :P

Send me a PM, since I'll probably immediately lose track of volunteers who end up posting in the thread.

For anyone else who wants to help in a less in-person way, I'd love to get *actual* letters submitted next time that I can read off.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: August 05, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »

I'd love to see a sequel, but I can't do much to help due to geographical reasons. Maybe I'll make a letter, but no promises.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 1086