Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12143 12144 [12145] 12146 12147 ... 13313

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14865359 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182160 on: July 06, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »

More like a force o nature.
I thought the story was like "don't try to crash-tackle a hurricane"
Or maybe "choose a more reasonable arch-nemesis"
Or maybe the whole vendetta thing is a bad idea.
I dunno. Aesops.
The moral of the story is that it feels real great to squish your hands in whale sperm.

:V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182161 on: July 06, 2017, 03:49:43 pm »

Thunder! Lightning! Hail! Heavy rain!

I love these summer downpours after a hot day. If it weren't for aforementioned thunder and lightning being within 2km range, I'd go outside and revel in it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182162 on: July 06, 2017, 05:10:24 pm »

Another set of pay increases at work. Small ones, but it'll average out to maybe an extra $20 per week, or $80 a month.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182163 on: July 06, 2017, 08:47:28 pm »

I made a video timelapse of me drawing line art for a pixel art piece! It's been a while since I remembered to hit record while I was drawing and thankfully I managed to finish the piece in a reasonable amount of time so I decided to upload it. I also had fun trying to find music for the background (ended up digging through Silent Hill OST to find enough tracks that weren't creepy).

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182164 on: July 06, 2017, 10:59:28 pm »

Picked up Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes on the Summer Sale.  Just played it for the first time with my wife.  'Twas fun.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182166 on: July 08, 2017, 03:18:04 am »

I got the Linux version of DF to run under WSL in windows 10

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #182167 on: July 08, 2017, 04:44:00 am »

Finally done forever with exams. I haven't felt that free in years, since the last two years of my life were spent preparing for them.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182169 on: July 08, 2017, 01:51:55 pm »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182170 on: July 08, 2017, 04:38:50 pm »

I'm upgrading my bike to an electric bike.

I found an electric motor. It is a 24v 1.2 kilowatt brushed DC motor. The motor is much heavier than a modern brushless motor, but it's free. It will spin a small wheel, which will spin my bike's wheel through friction. This is a somewhat inefficient method, but very simple.

The motor will be placed on a lever that can be raised or lowered to bring it in contact with the wheel. The lever will be long enough to reach while riding and will use a spring to keep pressure on the wheel.

It will use two 12 volt batteries. If I wire them in parallel, the motor will produce 300 watts of power and the batteries will last for hours. The legal limit for electric bikes in Canada is 500 watts.

If I wire the batteries in series, it will produce 1200 watts of power. This would make it an illegal unregistered motorcycle, and eat through the batteries quickly. I will create a small electric module that can be plugged into my bike and allow it to switch between modes.

This will help me commute to work easier and faster.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182171 on: July 08, 2017, 04:55:44 pm »

I got a new helmet! It's leagues nicer than the soup bowl I was using before. Full face, ventilated, wind-blocking, noggin-preserving. I can hear my bike without needing earplugs!

Somehow, it feels like I get to pay more attention to the roads while riding by wearing more helmet. Everything's just nicer.

My first thought before finishing reading was that you got yourself a medieval war helmet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #182172 on: July 08, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »

I got a new helmet! It's leagues nicer than the soup bowl I was using before. Full face, ventilated, wind-blocking, noggin-preserving. I can hear my bike without needing earplugs!

Somehow, it feels like I get to pay more attention to the roads while riding by wearing more helmet. Everything's just nicer.

My first thought before finishing reading was that you got yourself a medieval war helmet.

I thought I was the only one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182173 on: July 08, 2017, 05:51:32 pm »

I thought of bike helmet because bike was on my mind.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #182174 on: July 09, 2017, 04:17:29 am »

Bikes are just robot horses anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 12143 12144 [12145] 12146 12147 ... 13313