Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083368 times)

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.08-r2
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:21 pm »

Also, it's still much better than remaining on 40.08.

Oh? Why?
Because there is a newer version, obviously.

I understand that it's newer. I'm not clear about what's much better.

kebab4you

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2014, 08:00:44 pm »

The OP only contains official releases and there's hasn't been one for .10 yet, even though you can still easily build your own once you're set up. But yeah, trying to find the one commit from the one tree from the one repo that will build, hook and run is a little bit like playing hide-and-seek. That's part of a decentralized project I guess, it has ups and downs.

Sorry but if you have to hunt for what repo to pull someone somewhere have done an awful job with keeping things clean.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:19 pm »

The OP only contains official releases and there's hasn't been one for .10 yet, even though you can still easily build your own once you're set up. But yeah, trying to find the one commit from the one tree from the one repo that will build, hook and run is a little bit like playing hide-and-seek. That's part of a decentralized project I guess, it has ups and downs.

Sorry but if you have to hunt for what repo to pull someone somewhere have done an awful job with keeping things clean.
Quietust's fork is only necessary when compiling DFHack for a new DF version before Quietust's changes are merged into DFHack/dfhack (which they were approximately 12 hours ago - dfhack:dfhack and quietust:dfhack are now identical). DFHack:develop should compile for 0.40.10 now.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #588 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:52 pm »

Hi. I can't get dfhack to work. I am on a fresh install of Debian "Jessie" testing, the upcoming Debian release. My Linux is 64bit but I installed all the libraries I need (I think) in 32bit. Vanilla DF works fine. But when I try to start dfhack I get:

sander@porky:/opt/df_linux$ ./dfhack
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.5' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libprotobuf-lite.so)
-e

Any help? I have libstdc++6 installed in both 32bit and 64bit versions so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is this a problem with the libstdc++.so.6 file shipped by DF?

EDIT: I think I worked around it for now, but I haven't properly tested yet. dfhack starts, but I haven't run any game yet. What I did was move the provided libs/libstdc++.so.6 out of the way and replace it with a symlink to /usr/lib/gcc/i586-linux-gnu/4.9/libstdc++.so

I have this same set of error messages in Ubuntu 12.04LTS 32-bit.  I tried the DFHack versions with both gcc versions and neither worked.  I still get the same error.  Not sure what to do next... will setting up a symbolic link to my libstdc in /usr/lib do any good? My libstdc version appears to be 4.6 (/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/libstdc++.so), which is the version the alternative DFHack package is supposed to use.
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2014, 08:42:37 pm »

Did you remove libstdc++ from DF/libs?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Astarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 27, 2014, 08:48:12 pm »

I had the bright idea to convert .dfmap files to .pngs so people could use them with the various blueprint utilities, but mapexport isn't showing up in the list of plugins when I run dfhack. The last commit to it is over two years old, has it been discontinued?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:50:33 pm by Astarch »

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 27, 2014, 08:55:08 pm »

I had not.  I just tried removing it, and now DF runs when I run ./dfhack, but DFHack itself is not running.  It doesn't throw an error of any kind.
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #592 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:17 pm »

I had not.  I just tried removing it, and now DF runs when I run ./dfhack, but DFHack itself is not running.  It doesn't throw an error of any kind.

Check that md5 sum of DF executable is in dfhack's symbols.xml for your DF version number.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »

Also look for a stderr.log file in your df_linux directory. It will be the error output from dfhack.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 27, 2014, 09:45:16 pm »

It looks like my dfhack is expecting version 40.07 of DF.  The md5sums don't match because I'm running 40.10.  stderr.log shows an unknown version of DF.  I'm guessing that's why hack quits. :)

Will it be helpful to edit symbols.xml with the correct version and md5sum, or does hack need to re-generate that file itself?

No, really.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2014, 10:03:40 pm »

It looks like my dfhack is expecting version 40.07 of DF.  The md5sums don't match because I'm running 40.10.  stderr.log shows an unknown version of DF.  I'm guessing that's why hack quits. :)

Will it be helpful to edit symbols.xml with the correct version and md5sum, or does hack need to re-generate that file itself?

Well I suppose if you're compiling the correct repo/branch/etc. then .10 should be there. At least .08 definitely should be, not .07

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:58 pm »

Did you remember to run "git submodule update"?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #597 on: August 27, 2014, 10:41:40 pm »

Did you remember to run "git submodule update"?

F**ing git. It seems xml submodule in dfhack master is still pointing to an old commit of df-structures. So he needs to do git pull in library/xml folder.

Simca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:06 pm »

Not sure if this is an old bug or new or not a DFHack bug at all (DF seems to have some screen resizing issues atm), but the text for the DFHack-added UI functions displays as if the window has never been resized: http://i.imgur.com/A1JxrWk.png

This is not a big problem usually, but on certain screens (trading with merchants) it blocks entire rows of information. If you anchor the text to the bottom-right of the UI instead of the top-right, it may solve this issue, since DF seems to redraw the UI from top-left to bottom-right. Dunno if that is exclusively a Windows fix though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:44:39 pm by Simca »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #599 on: August 27, 2014, 10:45:06 pm »

Not sure if this is an old bug or new or not a DFHack bug at all (DF seems to have some screen resizing issues atm), but the text for the DFHack-added UI functions displays as if the window has never been resized: http://i.imgur.com/A1JxrWk.png

This is not a big problem usually, but on certain screens (trading with merchants) it blocks entire rows of information.

I wonder what they will do with the trade screen because now there's no space left below the item list for search options. Don't see a problem on your screenshot though.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 360