Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083483 times)

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.23-r1
« Reply #1950 on: January 21, 2015, 08:23:13 am »

Yes, the plugins except twbt load.

On another note, am i the only one who gets the
Code: [Select]
cannot open ~/df_40_24/data/save/region1/raw/init.lua: file or folder not found error/warning? I get it with all DFHack releases iirc even in 34.11. I think putting an empty file there helps but what's the reason of this warning?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 21, 2015, 01:07:01 pm »

I've been testing Lethosor df-structures update and it works well, haven't found any issue.
Yes it builds and run but almost all plugins won't load due to missing offsets, if that counts as an issue.
What platform are you using? I've only located offsets for OS X and Linux (they're on different branches at the moment), and there aren't any missing besides debug flags and start_dwarf_count (which is on another branch, also for OS X and Linux only as the script to find it isn't working with the Windows version).

cannot open ~/df_40_24/data/save/region1/raw/init.lua: file or folder not found error/warning? I get it with all DFHack releases iirc even in 34.11. I think putting an empty file there helps but what's the reason of this warning?
Never seen it. What platform are you using?
Edit: It looks like that message is only suppressed if the error message contains "No such file or directory", which isn't a very portable way of handling it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:23:38 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: January 21, 2015, 05:11:41 pm »

Is there a current way to see what functions are waiting to be called with dfhack.timeout?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: January 21, 2015, 05:16:55 pm »

Any plans for multiple onLoad.init files?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 21, 2015, 05:21:58 pm »

What do you mean, exactly? You can already use per-save onLoad.init files, as well as a global onLoadWorld.init. If you want to load another file from within those, you can use the "script" command.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 21, 2015, 05:22:34 pm »

Meaning mod-wise, like the init.d folder for init.lua.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 22, 2015, 12:37:07 am »

I think there's a command to read in a blah.init file and execute it but I forget how.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 22, 2015, 12:56:54 am »

I guess I could always replace my onLoad.init with an init.lua filled with dfhack.run_command...

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 22, 2015, 02:16:40 am »

What do you mean, exactly? You can already use per-save onLoad.init files, as well as a global onLoadWorld.init. If you want to load another file from within those, you can use the "script" command.

I think there's a command to read in a blah.init file and execute it but I forget how.

What he said. It's the "script" command.

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 22, 2015, 03:39:22 am »

Never seen it. What platform are you using?
Edit: It looks like that message is only suppressed if the error message contains "No such file or directory", which isn't a very portable way of handling it.

Ah, then it isn't surpressed because the message is in German.
cannot open /home/solis/Spiele/df_40_24/data/save/region3/raw/init.lua: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden I had this message on Windows and now on GNU/Linux.

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: January 22, 2015, 04:41:37 am »

Since it hasn't been progressing, I've attempted to find some offsets myself, but I can't figure out how to translate the offsets in symbols.xml to addresses. When I take the base address of "Dwarf Fortress.exe" + offset, I just end up in empty memory or something else that obviously isn't right. I'm using Cheat Engine.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: January 22, 2015, 07:47:55 am »

Since it hasn't been progressing, I've attempted to find some offsets myself, but I can't figure out how to translate the offsets in symbols.xml to addresses. When I take the base address of "Dwarf Fortress.exe" + offset, I just end up in empty memory or something else that obviously isn't right. I'm using Cheat Engine.
IIRC the offsets in symbols.xml might be for binary file so they could be offset by 0x400000. In cheat engine that might look like "Dwarf Fortress.exe" + offset-0x400000

txtsd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I have a quest!
« Reply #1962 on: January 22, 2015, 08:06:36 am »

Does the Windows version of dfhack not have `devel/find-offsets`?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: January 22, 2015, 08:19:40 am »

IIRC the offsets in symbols.xml might be for binary file so they could be offset by 0x400000. In cheat engine that might look like "Dwarf Fortress.exe" + offset-0x400000
No, they're memory offsets. You might want to try +0x400000 (on Windows) if cheat engine is using file offsets.

Does the Windows version of dfhack not have `devel/find-offsets`?
It does, but some offsets that are found with df_misc scripts on OS X and Linux have to be found manually on Windows (such as created_item_type, IIRC).

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: January 22, 2015, 11:10:48 am »

What he said. It's the "script" command.
I think the request was some way to automatically hoover up on-load scripts that come with mods, so the player doesn't need to stitch them together manually.  This might simplify mod merging.

I'm picturing this as a standard bit in DFHack's onload script that runs every file in the raw/scripts folder that matches a specific filename pattern, maybe onload_*.lua|onload_*.rb.  It should be deterministically before or after the onload.init script at the root of raw.  Or put it in the raw/onload.init file, but I think the feature would be more user-proof if it functioned with the main file missing.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 360